POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

in for s2 
pimp.gif

fiddy too gangsta

These two shows aren't even in direct competition with each other. No need to debate one against the other. Just enjoy both shows for what they are.

nobody is debating anything, lol Empire sucks. And I only made the comparison because 50 made it himself.

These two shows aren't even in direct competition with each other. No need to debate one against the other. Just enjoy both shows for what they are.

nobody is debating anything, lol Empire sucks. And I only made the comparison because 50 made it himself.
wilin. empire is dope. and if you have to make the comparison, empire is killin power in every way shape and form. story, actin, vibe, swag, everything.

empire cool but power is better

The scene where dude started peeing in the bar & started dissin Obama was pointless

empire cool but power is better

The scene where dude started peeing in the bar & started dissin Obama was pointless

lot of stuff in Empire is pointless, Lee Daniels is like Tyler Perry when it comes to projects, good intentions but just not that great of a writer, tries to fit too much in where it comes off as being "extra"

I know it's unlikely but I'm PRAYING that 50 doesn't make himself the main focal point, and is in damn near every scene, I'm also hoping he got a few more quality actors to join the cast.

I know it's unlikely but I'm PRAYING that 50 doesn't make himself the main focal point, and is in damn near every scene, I'm also hoping he got a few more quality actors to join the cast.

I don't think he will. He made a good call by not really introducing his character until season 2.I'll be surprised if he dosent die before next season.

I got money on it Tommy dies by the end of S2, him or 50s son.

Yeah, somebody gotta go

Last edited:
its just pittin black shows against each other :smh:

Eh it's not just black shows on here. It could be flash vs arrow, agents of shield vs agent carter, gotham vs agents, the wire vs breaking bad etc. Why we can't just enjoy all of them?

its just pittin black shows against each other :smh:

Eh it's not just black shows on here. It could be flash vs arrow, agents of shield vs agent carter, gotham vs agents, the wire vs breaking bad etc. Why we can't just enjoy all of them?

Cause Empire simply isn't enjoyable.

The writing needs work. Acting is poor as well. There's one or two actors on the show (I think of the youngest son who looks more like a caricature) who's acting is just laughable.

It's a shame, cause Empire could have been something great, but from what I've seen....it's another squandered opportunity to have a great black show with characters who aren't typical thugs/dealers/killers etc.

The writing needs work. Acting is poor as well. There's one or two actors on the show (I think of the youngest son who looks more like a caricature) who's acting is just laughable.

It's a shame, cause Empire could have been something great, but from what I've seen....it's another squandered opportunity to have a great black show with characters who aren't typical thugs/dealers/killers etc.

The thing is Power can be called "stereotypical" but the acting is decent, and the writing carries it along, the writing on Empire is HORRIBLE. They put more money into the look of the show than the substance, Power was made on probably have the budget, but has better writing point blank. And being that this is a Fictional show I don't even care about it in the whole "negative image of blacks", thats just deflection talk, Power is a fictional story about a drug dealer, and is not glorifying anything.

The thing is Power can be called "stereotypical" but the acting is decent, and the writing carries it along, the writing on Empire is HORRIBLE. They put more money into the look of the show than the substance, Power was made on probably have the budget, but has better writing point blank. And being that this is a Fictional show I don't even care about it in the whole "negative image of blacks", thats just deflection talk, Power is a fictional story about a drug dealer, and is not glorifying anything.

Hell, it's a step in the right direction. At least this drug dealer has his priorities in check (his kids) and wants to go legit and do something bigger with his life. It's better than many of the black drug dealer characters we've come across over the years.

Same can be said for Empire since Terrance Howard's character flipped from doing dirt to being a mogul, but the acting and writing just makes it all fall apart.

its just pittin black shows against each other 
mean.gif
i mean in trying to compare empire to power

flash vs arrow etc are all comparisons, but theyre not majority black shows, and those shows are often in direct competition with each other (same day/time slots, diff channels)

edit: its like let me compare django to 12 years a slave because theyre both slave movies

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom