Post Your Motorcycle

^Yea. My bday is next weekend so in 2 weeks I'lll most likely get rid of the cat and set valve, then order a PCV. Gunna have a custom map made for it.

Nicky the pipe was around $450. I originally ordered the r77 but the vendor told me yoshi was back ordered and it would take a month to fulfill my order, so I went to look at the catalogue to either order a two brothers or akra slip on. Akra wanted damn near $900 just for the slip on, and the guy said with the two brothers warranty you have to fight with them. The r55 just happen to be in the returns bin and fit my bike so I bought it. I installed it myself, the shop wanted $220 to install it along with the fender eliminator and I didn't feel like paying for something I could do.

I like the r55 over the r77. I wish they would do the r55 in full carbon fibre all black. I think of I get the ninja I'm gonna go with two brothers m2 black series love the way it looks and sounds. Probably install it myself too seems pretty straight forward.

I don't go to the track I'm talking about street riding. You're the only person I ever heard say they'd suggest a r6 to a new rider. I think the cbr or gsxr are the best bikes to start if youre going 06 and up.

this. the r6 i believe has the most aggressive seating position of the japanese 600 class, probably the most responsive/twitchy steering (might be great for the track, not so much on the street for a new rider), and supposedly anemic & inconsistent performance in the low to mid rev range, it is said to be a totally different bike (moreso than the other 600s) when it is way up in the rev range (i know at one point the r6 was the highest revving 600).

PS Hondas have to be the most un-innovative bikes out there....

that is a curious statement, what do you mean by un-'innovative' exactly?

just a general lack of design...

the bike feels cheap when riding it, the geometry is very "blah", the body work is plain, etc..

^ I have two!  2010 848 (mostly street) & 2012 848EVO Corse track bike.

Nice. I've been saying I'm gonna pick up an 848 for a few yrs now. 2 grand for a slipper clutch is what's holding me back. Can't believe they r not stock. My 750 is perfect in every way tho. Used for street and track, and has me spoiled. I haven't blipped in so long.

Nice. I've been saying I'm gonna pick up an 848 for a few yrs now. 2 grand for a slipper clutch is what's holding me back. Can't believe they r not stock. My 750 is perfect in every way tho. Used for street and track, and has me spoiled. I haven't blipped in so long.
so you need a clutch when you pick up a 848?

just a general lack of design...

the bike feels cheap when riding it, the geometry is very "blah", the body work is plain, etc..

i see, honda is a pretty conservative company & more engineering/tech driven than having a really bold design aesthetic; but in terms of fit & finish you could do much worse than a honda...

so you need a clutch when you pick up a 848?

he is saying his 750 has a slipper clutch, which eases/smooths the transition when downshifting so you don't really have to worry about rev matching, and the 848 doesn't have one stock; so he'd have to buy one...

Clutch on my white bike is stock, I installed a Yoyodyne slipper on the Corse as it strictly used as a track bike.

whats really good with this NT motorcycle patch???...

who got the links

My bad b. Haven't been to the patch shop in a while. I do need to go back to get more patches but in no rush since I need to save for a new bike. My 250 is done for good =[. But I will let you guys know when I do and if nobody has beat me to it yet.

Low sided today in the canyons. Went in too hot n ate it.
Not much damage to my bike. My frame sliders n rear sliders did their job.
I dig get some gnarly road rash doe.

Ill be back up n riding in a few days.

Anyone go to the forum advrider.com? I have been reading the ride reports and seeing the pictures and they are truly inspiring. I can't wait to get my bike. 

Also, anyone have any thoughts on the Honda CB500 series? Thinking about getting one as my first bike. I heard it isn't good to buy new bike as your first bike, but I want to have a quality machine from day 1. Plus they go for around 5500. 

better to low side than to high side. I low sided on the Palomar Mountain pass 10 years ago, replaced fairings and was good to go. Glad you're okay! 

I remember witnessing a buddy high side right in front of me and he ended up totaling his bike. His Apex was off and started coming out of turn too fast and hit is front brakes, bike kicked him off and threw him (his back) against the side of the mountain! it's a good thing his bike went in front of him and not behind him/following him! 

Be safe out there fellas!

Glad to see you're alright man. I hope you were wearing your gear though.

I low sided as well. Got back up and rode home.

glad to hear you walked out of it alive b. Stay safe.

What's low siding? And high siding for that matter.

in a fall...do you fall towards the ground (low) or go over the bike (high)...something like that

lowside:

highside:

Last edited:

Glad to here you walked away. Stay safe!

I was rockin my icon vest n spine protector n a hoody up top n jeans w/ my sidic boots. My hoodie is fine but still got sum rash from the fall. My jeans are shredded. I got the wound debred by medical so no infections n won't be drinkin so that I can heal ASAP.
Out of all ridin (stunt n twisties) the canyons has the most injuries n fatalities hands down.
I'm get back this Wednesday tho. Gotta stay active.
Ima hit the canyons again tho. I need to be an all around rider. Canyons + Yankin wheelies= that bike is yours.

Thanks for the support bros.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom