Post Your Motorcycle

quick, random question:

I was riding on the highway one day on the way to a flag football game. I was following my buddy and we were late so I couldn't stop to get gas beforehand. my gas light was on and had been on for a bit. while I was on the highway, I started thinking about what would happen if I ran out of gas on the highway. the bike wouldn't just lock up and send me flying right? easy to assume it'd just slowly come to a hault once the gas runs out while i'm sitting here, but I was pretty scared when I was on the highway thinking about it at the time.

quick, random question:

I was riding on the highway one day on the way to a flag football game. I was following my buddy and we were late so I couldn't stop to get gas beforehand. my gas light was on and had been on for a bit. while I was on the highway, I started thinking about what would happen if I ran out of gas on the highway. the bike wouldn't just lock up and send me flying right? easy to assume it'd just slowly come to a hault once the gas runs out while i'm sitting here, but I was pretty scared when I was on the highway thinking about it at the time.

i dont think it would halt up because ur momentum is moving the wheels wich roatate the chain which rotates the piston so you would just come to a slow stop.

correct me if im wrong tho

quick, random question:

ONE. If you currently ride and are asking this question, please remove your helmet and sell your bike....

TWO. If your bike stalls always pull in the clutch immediately....

Thinking of getting a cbr 250 once I move to NC. Up until recently I was apprehensive about riding a motorcycle, but lately I've been obsessed. Will stay with the cbr to get more comfortable and experienced and then move on to a more powerful one. Any tips/advice?

Take the MSF class. That's pretty much the route a lot of people in this thread, myself included, have taken. Start off on a bike you're comfortable with after you gauge your abilities upon completion of the course. Many folks skip the 250s and go to 600s, but ultimately it's a choice that will depend on you. Good luck.

For my NYC/NJ cats...

In bk for the wk. someone Lem hold they bike so I can ride n yank sum wheelies bruhs!
Show luhv it's the bk way ya mean!?

I was wondering, how do you guys deal with the stress of leaving your bikes parked outside?
They attract more attention then cars and seem to be easier preys for ******** to **** with.
Also tips on keeping your bike safe when you don't have eyes on it.

Yeah. I just searched them on google. Any idea what that specific bike was? The black one you just posted?

Don't know much about that bike, but it's a Honda. Triumph I believe is one of the most popular companies producing cafe racers.

quick, random question:

Not to sure. Way I see it, at least for a beginner such as myself, when in doubt reach in for the clutch. Puts you into an artificial neutral. You see a car thats possibly gonna hit you? Pop the clutch and get out of there, ASAP.

That's just me though, I use the clutch a lot.

I was wondering, how do you guys deal with the stress of leaving your bikes parked outside?
They attract more attention then cars and seem to be easier preys for ******** to **** with.

i used to ride (which was pretty annoying) with an enormous kyrptonite chain & lock my bike to whatever immovable structure i could but now to some extent i've stopped worrying about it because i realized that there isn't all that much you can do stop determine professional thief especially if you are out & about...if you want peace of mind from theft, get full insurance!

though generally what i try to do is whenever i go out & i know i'll be away from the bike for a while is i just park as close as is allowed to the establishment, sometimes this up on the sidewalk but the idea is to have the bike in a public spot that would make it more noticeable if someone was trying to steal it. i also have a disk lock that i use, which hopefully makes the bike just a lil' bit harder to steal (if it is a lone thief that is), that is really all you can do; just try to make it as difficult as can be for potential thieves

plasti-dipped my wheels this weekend, always wanted to go with white wheels on my bike but i thought the red might look good too; so i went with both:

i used to ride (which was pretty annoying) with an enormous kyrptonite chain & lock my bike to whatever immovable structure i could but now to some extent i've stopped worrying about it because i realized that there isn't all that much you can do stop determine professional thief especially if you are out & about...if you want peace of mind from theft, get full insurance!

though generally what i try to do is whenever i go out & i know i'll be away from the bike for a while is i just park as close as is allowed to the establishment, sometimes this up on the sidewalk but the idea is to have the bike in a public spot that would make it more noticeable if someone was trying to steal it. i also have a disk lock that i use, which hopefully makes the bike just a lil' bit harder to steal (if it is a lone thief that is), that is really all you can do; just try to make it as difficult as can be for potential thieves

plasti-dipped my wheels this weekend, always wanted to go with white wheels on my bike but i thought the red might look good too; so i went with both:

We need more pics of the bike. Looks good

That color scheme looks sick :pimp:

thanks, i wanted to change it up...i messed around in photoshop for a minute seeing what might look good, i do wish i could have kept it looking like this:

We need more pics of the bike. Looks good

before & after reflective rim stickers:

rim stickers are so underrated, easily one of the best (& cheapest!) aesthetic additions to any motorcycle, it just finishes so nice

Ok how would you guys get out of this situation
Ik going up this hill in 3rd in the powerband makin tons of power nd accelerating, as u get to top of hill u see suv in intersection u have very little time to react, what do?

Hit the clutch, get off the throttle, hit both brakes gently. If need be, start to lean out to the right side of the lane in case you don't stop in time.

Not sure I'd be accelerating like crazy going into a bling spot, though.

Hmm i just hit the back brakes n the bike slid out n i got rash n broken wrist. My body stopped where the whiteline is tgat the pedestrians walk in

Never slam on the back brake. Especially when you're going at speed. You'll fishtail 9 times out of 10.

Makes more sense to stop the bike with both brakes in most cases. Stops faster and in a shorter distance. Sucks that you went down, but make sure you let this be a lesson. Never slam on the rear brake.

Sounds like you panicked.

Learning to use both brakes efficiently is key. Mighty save your life/bike one day.

Never slam on the back brake. Especially when you're going at speed. You'll fishtail 9 times out of 10.

Makes more sense to stop the bike with both brakes in most cases. Stops faster and in a shorter distance. Sucks that you went down, but make sure you let this be a lesson. Never slam on the rear brake.

to add, your front brake provides something like 75%+ (supposedly maybe as much as 85%-90% on modern sportbikes!!!) of your braking power, in a lot of case it may not even be necessary to use the rear brake & depending on the conditions you may not want to! good thing you made out relatively ok! it always sucks to go down but lesson here just as much as the braking issue is to try to be more aware of the road conditions, accelerating up a hill making tons of power put you in a precarious position...being on 2 wheels means you kind of have to assume the world is out to get you so ride accordingly!

My new ninja>>>>my old gsxr
It feels so much more powerful in the lower gears and that 2 brothers pipe sounds mean. I just started riding and today was the first time I felt comfortable leaning at high speeds 130+. I know its still not that fast but you cant tell me nothing right now. Swagger on a hunned thousand trillion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom