Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

We know he's not the all-powerful leader of America, but Obama could have at least used the one thing he controls (his voice) to say that the offending officer should be arrested. Frankly he comes off like a coward when it comes to black issues- recall when he apologized to the cop who detained Henry Louis Gates just for saying the cop 'acted stupidly.'

Obama has to play the politics. If he is to aggressive the right and evangelical s will put anything he wants to push to a grinding halt... remember Obama care. He wanted free health for every body...came of to strong and tthy shut his dream Down.

Also why is the police chief only on ffaux news

But I'm assuming one could make you blind tho right?

I mean anything coming at that speed is likely to cause some damage if it hits you.
Back in a 2004 a girl from around here got shot in the eye with one and died for celebrating the Red Sox ALCS win.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Victoria_Snelgrove

So yeah these things do damage. They are only referred to as "non-lethal" because that is not their intent.

Last edited:
Police should not have war gear. Them boys look like they were drawn in some kid's notebook. All types of guns and gadgets. Look like a bunch of Small Soldiers. That's ridiculous. And they want me to believe a product of that environment shot in self defense?

I'm sure the first officers that responded to the North Hollywood Shootout or Newhall incident would have loved that gear.

I've kept from commenting in here for a couple days just because this is still such a messy situation.

I just can't get over the release of that store video. The powers that be released it, then said the cop knew nothing of the store incident while interacting with Mike Brown, right?

Then it's said the kid reached for the cop's weapon and that led to the shooting.

It's all such a bad situation. The kid shouldn't have stolen from the store. The kid definitely shouldn't have gotten aggressive with the cop. The cop definitely didn't need to empty the clip.

Cops are used to trumping up charges against a black man, why did the cop have to go overboard?

My black people have to do better, for real. We have to understand that despite the system being designed for us to fail, we only make it worse by putting ourselves in these predicaments.

When I was a young boy, I was taught NEVER FIGHT WITH A COP IN THE STREETS. You can fight in the court of law, but not on the streets.

I think they should stop with the protests at this point. We have the name of the killer and an image of him. Right now we need the autopsy report, the police report and the cop arrested along with another things to get this case started.

I must say. I came into this thread a bit ignorant about the situation. But after that night of protest with the police using military style tactics on its citizens, it completely changed my view. It made me extremely angry and I was captivated to no end. This is the first ever police indecent to hold my attention the way it did. This is my parents modern day Rodney King/ Abner Louima.

I cannot wait for more information to unfold

Turns out someone actually talked to the store clerk. He paid for the rellos and the tape was edited.

(This is what I've learned from people in STL and on twitter)

Doesn't make a difference, but how has the entire ferguson police not been dismantled and no indictment yet??

Last edited:
Turns out someone talked to the store clerk. He paid for the rellos and the tape was edited.
When the tape first came out I said something seems off about the it. Brown was just so calm and so was his friend. It did not appear like a robbery/theft at all. Dudes didnt run or anything.

We know he's not the all-powerful leader of America, but Obama could have at least used the one thing he controls (his voice) to say that the offending officer should be arrested. Frankly he comes off like a coward when it comes to black issues- recall when he apologized to the cop who detained Henry Louis Gates just for saying the cop 'acted stupidly.'

I think we need to give him a bit more time with this case before we expect to hear his thoughts. I think the speech he gave regarding the Trayvon Martin case was well done, very matter of fact, and directly addressed the "black" perspective he needed to address and support. Hoping he'll take a hard stance here as well. Just think he needs a little more time.

Turns out someone actually talked to the store clerk. He paid for the rellos and the tape was edited.

(This is what I've learned from people in STL and on twitter)

Doesn't make a difference, but how has the entire ferguson police not been dismantled and no indictment yet??
If true, smh. But how do you edit that?

That store incident is irrelevant to the situation.

It's like they're already at trial and the defense is trying to sling dirt on the victim, ala the Kobe rape victim.

Kid's body isn't even cold yet.

I'm sure the first officers that responded to the North Hollywood

Shootout or Newhall incident would have loved that gear.

That is a lame comparison. We talking about a k own bank robbery and people protest a kid being shot.

I think they should stop with the protests at this point. We have the name of the killer and an image of him. Right now we need the autopsy report, the police report and the cop arrested along with another things to get this case started.

I must say. I came into this thread a bit ignorant about the situation. But after that night of protest with the police using military style tactics on its citizens, it completely changed my view. It made me extremely angry and I was captivated to no end. This is the first ever police indecent to hold my attention the way it did. This is my parents modern day Rodney King/ Abner Louima.

Honestly, if you want more information on this you should just check twitter. There's really no use sitting through media bias when you can look at pics, vines, etc of the people out there on the front lines. But more information about the actual case? :smh: that's the entire point

They shouldn't stop protesting until there is an arrest. How many witnesses do they need to justify at least an arrest. Obviously its a situation in which the Feds have to clean up the coverup by the local cops to gather all the evidence

If the tape being edited is true it needs to made public then I want to see and hear people justify this shooting afterwards

They shouldn't stop protesting until there is an arrest. How many witnesses do they need to justify at least an arrest. Obviously its a situation in which the Feds have to clean up the coverup by the local cops to gather all the evidence

That's the entire point, that is sadly being buried :smh:
I saw that there were flyers being put up calling people to riot, presumably from anarchists or something. Like who is making these? and why?
Way too many people with their own agendas from jesse jackson to looters coming in from oakland and chicago :smh:

If the tape being edited is true it needs to made public then I want to see and hear people justify this shooting afterwards

I just saw it on twitter about 20mins ago, so national media may cover it in about 2 days.

Last edited:

Why should they stop protesting? The more attention on ferguson the more pressure for the local govt to do the right thing in the case. Even w/ the protests it took almost a week to get the cops name and that only came w/ a smear campaign against the victim.

Honestly, if you want more information on this you should just check twitter. There's really no use sitting through media bias when you can look at pics, vines, etc of the people out there on the front lines. But more information about the actual case? :smh: that's the entire point
I cant trust all twitter posts about the subject as some of them are contradict each other. All the information i've gotten was surprisingly from NT. MSNBC seems to be doing a good job as well from what i've seen.

Even if he didnt actually rob the place, the people who feel the way they do will find other ways to justify their feelings. At the end of the day, Brown cant change his skin color

I cant trust all twitter posts about the subject as some of them are contradict each other. All the information i've gotten was surprisingly from NT. MSNBC seems to be doing a good job as well from what i've seen.
Even if he didnt actually rob the place, the people who feel the way they do will find other ways to justify their feelings. At the end of the day, Brown cant change his skin color

well, I think a lot of us get our info from twitter :lol:
like Bomani :nerd: :lol:

Also, they'll probably find weed in his system (we know what swishas are for ) and paint him as this dangerous drug addict

Last edited:

And that's the point. I'm ready for certain people to show their true hand and justify the shooting because he was an intimidating looking black kid. That way they don't have sketchy video or circumstances to hide behind. Just come out and show the world how ugly you are, don't be afraid...

People fighting hatred with hatred and wonder why we keep dying. You cool with that? Do you. I'm allowed to have my own opinion I haven't disrespected anybody, leave me be.

MB died cause he was fighting hatred with hatred? What are you saying? MLK was murdered in case you forgot. And in conclusion, your "opinion" is a logical fallacy. You should try to only hold opinions that follow the basic concepts of logic.

Again, do you realize how spewing this nonsense in THIS thread makes you look? This entire thread was just warned for deflecting blame so choose your response carefully. Or tuck your tail.

Clearly a few pages back we were having a discussion about the responses to people's death. Yes, some of the responses are filled with hatred and think the solution is to fight back with the same hatred. I don't agree, I'm allowed to not agree. I didn't ask for your suggestion on how to respond, I can give a opinion on whatever I want.

Also, no I don't realize how saying don't fight ignorance with ignorance makes me look. Unless I broke any of NT's rules of conduct, report me or keep it moving.

Why should they stop protesting? The more attention on ferguson the more pressure for the local govt to do the right thing in the case. Even w/ the protests it took almost a week to get the cops name and that only came w/ a smear campaign against the victim.
I think they should stop now, or atleast take a break because the spot light is not in their favor right now. I agree more attention needs to be brought but they need a more strategic approach.
When the looters are mixed with the protestors its makes them all look bad. At this point, the police knows exactly what to expect. That's why when they were looting the police did nothing.
Thats makes people believe the military tactics used was justified and if police dont use them, they will destroy their own communities.

Last edited:

well, I think a lot of us get our info from twitter :lol:
like Bomani :nerd: :lol:

Also, they'll probably find weed in his system (we know what swishas are for ) and paint him as this dangerous drug addict

I was already :smh: when they released the vid against the DOJ's order. Wouldn't be surprised if they did some other suspect stuff, this is wack.

I'm honestly frustrated and even confused at this point because so much conflicting info is being broadcast.

If the tape was edited what reason would he have to push around that store clerk like that, the shame of it is we shouldn't even be talking about the tape but they put it out there so now it's impossible to avoid.

Tape being edited doesn't make sense imo, I hope it was tho that would really expose the fact that there's some serious BS going on and it would knock the " robbery" crutch right out from under some people.

I'm honestly frustrated and even confused at this point because so much conflicting info is being broadcast.

If the tape was edited what reason would he have to push around that store clerk like that, the shame of it is we shouldn't even be talking about the tape but they put it out there so now it's impossible to avoid.

Tape being edited doesn't make sense imo, I hope it was tho that would really expose the fact that there's some serious BS going on and it would knock the " robbery" crutch right out from under some people.
If he honestly didnt steal, the store clerk cant hold him. Brown would have the right to leave even if by force

People said the tape was edited from two separate incidents. Like if he really picked up this man and stole swishas...look at how soon ja du got the gun out on latasha harlins.
money in clerk's hands at :36 ?

Like if i knew nothing about this case, nothing, and i saw this video I would not think robbery.

]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom