**PHILLY EAGLES OFF-SEASON THREAD** DRAFT TIME

The first obvious move is to sign Vick long-term and trade Kolb for a second-round pick (maybe better if we're lucky). Shady showed a lot as the full-time RB but it's frustrating that Andy Reid will never implement a tough, between the tackles runner. I guess Leonard Weaver can somewhat fill that role for possession purposes. I was disappointed with Celek all year, in hindsight I wish we had drafted Dickson or Pitta instead of letting both go to Baltimore.
There's no immediate rush to replace Andy Reid in my opinion. Yes his tactics can be frustrating (take time management for example) and there's an understandable desire to win Super Bowls not division titles or conference championships. My main point is unless we could definitely land a proven name like Cowher or Gruden just hypothetically, there's little choice but to continue with Reid. All Eagles fans should be prepared for a Marty Mornhinweg departure in the near future. 

My points from the loss to GB in particular:

1) How does Starks run with that much success against our defense?

2) Cooper could have done better to breakup the Tramon Williams interception.

3) Vick should have spiked it so the offense could reset and run a called play.

4) Felt like DeSean had the ability to shake that last weak tackle, potentially the game-winning score. 

Draft needs:

1) O-line

The injury to Jackson definitely hurt, but on the flip side I'm very happy with Peters at LT. We could use a big time OG prospect in this year's draft. Rodney Hudson or Marcus Cannon maybe. 

2) LB

Even with Stewart Bradley healthy and Ernie Sims performing well, I'm not satisfied with Fokou or Jordan starting. I think a player like Kelvin Sheppard could fit our scheme in the later rounds.

3) CB/S

Let's remember we get Marlin Jackson back who didn't even play a down this year. I love Nate Allen and Kurt Coleman, they should both improve with experience. Hanson is a decent nickel back but Patterson was one of the more frustrating players to watch all season. He made plays but got burnt on a regular basis. We could target a Rashad Carmichael-type in the later rounds as well. 

this was heartbreaking.....that last pass was underthrown a tad but like someone said earlier....how did starks run on us like that

this was heartbreaking.....that last pass was underthrown a tad but like someone said earlier....how did starks run on us like that

Originally Posted by outkast9984

same thing every year.. undersized DTs and DEs.. and we don't put value in the LB position in the draft

same thing every year.. undersized DTs and DEs.. and we don't put value in the LB position in the draft

Vick blowing the game made my day! Once again better luck next year! The Eagles will never win a Championship with Andy Reid, always the bridesmaid never the bride.

Vick blowing the game made my day! Once again better luck next year! The Eagles will never win a Championship with Andy Reid, always the bridesmaid never the bride.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

how the hell do we lose like that and the very first moves we make right off the bat is to sign 2 WR's and 2 TE's already?
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

how the hell do we lose like that and the very first moves we make right off the bat is to sign 2 WR's and 2 TE's already?
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

Ridiculous
laugh.gif
._'s in the front office is already buggin

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

Ridiculous
laugh.gif
._'s in the front office is already buggin

[h6]McDermott Relieved Of Duties As D. Coordinator[/h6]The Eagles have announced that Sean McDermott has been relieved of his duties as defensive coordinator.

The Eagles defense finished tied for 21st in the league in scoring defense (23.6 points per game) and had the worst red-zone defense in the league (76.74% of opponent's trips into the red zone resulted in touchdowns).

No replacement has been announced.

-- Posted by Bo Wulf, 6:34 p.m., January 15

[h6]McDermott Relieved Of Duties As D. Coordinator[/h6]The Eagles have announced that Sean McDermott has been relieved of his duties as defensive coordinator.

The Eagles defense finished tied for 21st in the league in scoring defense (23.6 points per game) and had the worst red-zone defense in the league (76.74% of opponent's trips into the red zone resulted in touchdowns).

problem is yes McDermott was terrible but you can only do so much to make the players that you have better

Passing on Earl Thomas for Mike Mamula was a great move and our LB's are terrible, Stewart Bradley is playing out of position and he is a nice player not an All Pro like the Eagles tried to make you think. Asante is a nice CB but he is NOT an impact player, he comes up with big INT but look at all the big plays he gives up and the tackles he misses. Our D line is in shambles, poor Trent Cole is exhausted by mid season because he is all alone. We seriously need to pick up 3 defense upgrades at minimum or the DC is irrelevant.

I think **** Juron will be the new DC

problem is yes McDermott was terrible but you can only do so much to make the players that you have better

Passing on Earl Thomas for Mike Mamula was a great move and our LB's are terrible, Stewart Bradley is playing out of position and he is a nice player not an All Pro like the Eagles tried to make you think. Asante is a nice CB but he is NOT an impact player, he comes up with big INT but look at all the big plays he gives up and the tackles he misses. Our D line is in shambles, poor Trent Cole is exhausted by mid season because he is all alone. We seriously need to pick up 3 defense upgrades at minimum or the DC is irrelevant.

I think **** Juron will be the new DC

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

He definitely needed to go, turned this defense into a undersized soft bunch of players. We need that Jim Johnson style blitz crazy defense back

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

He definitely needed to go, turned this defense into a undersized soft bunch of players. We need that Jim Johnson style blitz crazy defense back

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

I agree he was not the right man for the job but he isn't the one who picked the players, I think once he took over, Andy had ALL the say in the players while when Jim was alive (RIP) he had some say in who was signed/drafted because of his seniority.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

I agree he was not the right man for the job but he isn't the one who picked the players, I think once he took over, Andy had ALL the say in the players while when Jim was alive (RIP) he had some say in who was signed/drafted because of his seniority.

Back
Top Bottom