Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Is film class the source of your love for movies? Or did you love movies prior to that?
I loved movies prior. I even got out of a biology class, saying to a teacher, bless her soul, “I am thinking about taking a film class, can I go shadow for a period even though I’m supposed to be here.” Biology professor said yes.

Well, I knew the film class was watching Inception that day, and I had already taken film class the previous semester. I just wanted to watch Inception instead of going to biology.

I loved movies prior. I even got out of a biology class, saying to a teacher, bless her soul, “I am thinking about taking a film class, can I go shadow for a period even though I’m supposed to be here.” Biology professor said yes.

Well, I knew the film class was watching Inception that day, and I had already taken film class the previous semester. I just wanted to watch Inception instead of going to biology.
That biology professor is a real one 🔥

If I’m not mistaken, I’ve found the weirdo on the cover

IMG_0869.jpeg

????????

You love that guy
I don't know what guy this is but probably :lol:

I've now thought about it since you asked the question, 'what got me into movies?' - I think I got into movies/FILM around 2008 before The Dark Knight came out, I'm talking Super Bowl February commercial to when it came out in mid-July.

And the credit is to NT. There were literal Joker Gangs, like 5 people in a group. Avy's, and signatures (signatures are bottom-formatted messages, always appear below your posts) reflected you were in the Joker Gang. Then there were Batman gangs, same thing. Avy and signature match :lol:

That's when I officially entered into caring about movies.

Wonderful topic actually. Nicely done B Bronson and jpzx jpzx :nthat:

Mine was after my family moved me from Cali to Oregon. Completely changed my entire life (obviously). My parents had tons of movies recorded on VHS tapes. My first summer in Oregon not knowing a soul I would spend my nights watching random movies for the first time. I never watched any of them in Cali because my social requirements kept me pretty busy. All changed when you no longer know anybody or need to be anywhere. After I ran thru all of their recorded films I started renting all the new releases every Tuesday at video stores. Then when I started dating my wife I started actually going to the movies I wanted to see.

Now here we are.

Dumb Money looks as interesting and intriguing as The Social Network. I remember when The Social Network came out, I was the only one in my circle that absolutely loved it.

I remember when The Social Network came out, I was the only one in my circle that absolutely loved it.
How is that even possible? I couldn’t imagine anyone who takes films seriously to not see the multiple aspects of great movie-making in that one. Not even one person in your circle loved it?

Then again, Titanic won eleven academy awards including best picture, yet you got cats out here who say it’s “a terrible movie.” But that’s a story for another day.

Titanic won eleven academy awards including best picture, yet you got cats out here who say it’s “a terrible movie.”
Are there, though? People who say it's terrible?

Or are there people who just don't like it? 👀

Because there's a titanic difference in those takes.

How is that even possible? I couldn’t imagine anyone who takes films seriously to not see the multiple aspects of great movie-making in that one. Not even one person in your circle loved it?
What if that circle included people who only liked fast and furious movies?

There’s a good chance the next time I watch TITANIC it is because I’m stuck in or at a location where it’s on the Tele. This thread has ended any love I had and there’s none lost.
That movie doesn’t need to seek anyone’s approval

There are beggars and there are choosers

Titanic is the latter

For every person who doesn’t like the movie, multiple people who do will gladly take your place. You are expendable. Accept the fact that you thinking the movie is “bad” is an unusual one, you are greatly outnumbered, the movie will forever remain highly acclaimed, and the most high-profile critics in the world will refute your silly takes

We can't seem to get past square 1.

Square 1: know that the statements in these 2 pairs are different:
"I don't like it."
"It's terrible."
-AND-
"It's popular."
"It's good quality."

That movie doesn’t need to seek anyone’s approval

There are beggars and there are choosers

Titanic is the latter
This, rebuttal-well it reads as if you quoted the wrong post. You meant to quote me? If so that’s an odd response.

Back
Top Bottom