Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Agree, back to back would be a terrific couple nights. The second one came three years after so we had a lag, but is super enjoyable. Both are on Disney+.

Saw the season finale of Severance aired today, anybody seen the whole series so far and thoughts?

Rewatchables doing The Player (1992) tomorrow.

Just finished. This can go straight back to the hell it came from. 🤣 Can't knock the quality and the 2 mains delivered, but the pointlessness killed me.
5/8

-foe
That's what's I found interesting. No grand scheme. No answers. No reveal.

Just a straightforward bleak repetitive existence.

I looked up the meaning of the movie and the opening where the bird tricks that other bird in to raising its kid is basically the point of the movie :lol:

I haven't seen Tombstone.

1649646440202.gif

Don't Look Up 5/8

Too on the nose :lol:

Cuz of that it was like the satire material wasn't trying as hard le just empty in meaning and its point. Feel like Adam McKay could do better.

Mask Rylance tho :lol:

Like I said Cate Blanchett 🔥

That ending :lol: :smh: Deep Impact without the heart.

I haven't seen Tombstone.
Sweatergawd, Big J, if I knew you in person and you had just told me that you and some friends had all realized that none of you had seen Tombstone, I would grab my DVD, head to your place and text you to sit your non Tombstone seeing friends down because...

-foe

When you haven’t seen some great movies so you unintentionally are in your movie watching prime >>>

BD1F85DD-3D71-4D74-9656-1334E7F02E64.gif
No lie.

I see some posts by jpzx jpzx and darthska darthska about movies they post about to watch for the first time and I be like this lucky motherducker. How hasn't he seen this yet?! Lucky bastard!

As I'm scrolling for hours looking for a new good show or movie to watch.

Its why I purposely have not rushed to see certain new shows or movies getting praised and take my time a bit more now.

Last edited:
I agree 100%.

Friend told me she's never seen Scream. I was truly jealous.

Tombstone is another. Enjoy that.

National Treasures are lesser films, but enjoyable as hell watches.

Interesting to me that they put Some Kind of Wonderful on there because it was basically a copy of Pretty in Pink with the genders reversed and I was always under the impression that PIP was a more popular.

(My wife loves both those movies - hence my familiarity with them).

Both films had the same writer (John Hughes) and same director (Howard Deutsch).

Damn.
Just watched the Episode in Season 6 where Tony clips the NEPHEW.
My man just said "enough of this Kid, let me take him out now while it's clean"

The Crow is a poor quality movie, but it’s memorable as hell. It’s a cult classic for reasons stated, and def worth a watch, but it looks like it was shot on a game boy advance camera :lol:

598E9FD9-4762-4AEA-85CE-791C73F4E984.jpeg

Side note: this dude should have gone down as the GOAT career bad guy, but for some reason his career tanked after aliens 4. He has played some damn good bad guys over the years (the 90’s)
He’s great in Three Musketeers.

I've actually never seen The Crow. I remember when bro died, but the movie itself just didn't appeal to me when it came out. Plus I didn't have white makeup, a chain wallet, or black size 60 JNCOs, so seeing it in theaters wasn't an option.

-foe

While we're admitting movies we haven't seen. I haven't seen Tombstone. My brothers are very disappointed in me

I was gonna watch Sonic tonight but maybe one of them instead

I haven't seen it either. Or National Treasure. I actually haven't seen a ton of blockbusters and popular movies.

Any of the following series.

Shreks
Toy Storys
Austin Powers
Avengers
Iron Mans
Spidermans after Toby
Batmans after TDK
X-Mens
Star Wars
Jurassic Park sequels
Fast and Furious after Tokyo Drift
Harry Potters
Lord of the Rings
Pirates of the Caribbeans
Bournes
Mission Impossibles
Deadpools
Bonds after The World is not Enough

I haven't seen it either. Or National Treasure. I actually haven't seen a ton of blockbusters and popular movies.

Shreks
Toy Storys
Austin Powers
Avengers
Iron Mans
Spidermans after Toby
Batmans after TDK
X-Mens
Star Wars
Jurassic Park sequels
Harry Potters
Lord of the Rings
Bournes
Mission Impossibles
Deadpools
You've never seen any Star Wars, Pirates, LotR, or Potter? Just not a fan of fantasy?

-foe

Shreks
Toy Storys
Austin Powers
Avengers
Iron Mans
Spidermans after Toby
Batmans after TDK
X-Mens
Star Wars
Jurassic Park sequels
Harry Potters
Lord of the Rings
Bournes
Mission Impossibles
Deadpools

Fam.....

You've never seen any Star Wars, Pirates, LotR, or Potter? Just not a fan of fantasy?

-foe

Not my favorite genre. Definitely not a fan of **** that takes place in space, with lasers and **** so I'll never watch Star Wars. LOTR I'll eventually get to. Maybe the other two as well.

Not my favorite genre. Definitely not a fan of **** that takes place in space, with lasers and **** so I'll never watch Star Wars. LOTR I'll eventually get to. Maybe the other two as well.
IDK if it’s worth your time to try the LOTR films. They’re all 3 hours. And based on what you’ve said on here about what you like and don’t, you’d respect/appreciate the filmmaking achievements with the movies, but won’t really like it-like it:

Ambulance was good. Liked the couple of Michael Bay self references.. kind of gave me motion sickness. Good performance by the leads, big and loud, a good summer popcorn movie.

I Was Pretty Much Entertained With Abulance. Caught An Early Movie For 6 Bucks.

Wale Was Actually A Highlight :rofl:

Mindless Michael Bay Action Is Always Entertaining.

Movie Probably Would Have Had More Success As A Streaming Original.

Back
Top Bottom