Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Mortal 6.5/8

But 7.5/8 just for the slow burn execution and a great example

At first you thinking this is another typical sci-fi or supernatural kid mysteriously gets powers and then gets chased by the gov. or by the police and he'll either get away for the happy ending or die like Chronicle or Jumper.

But nah this is a real slow burn. Plus it takes place in Norway so a bunch of characters speaking norwegian. If it weren't for the location you wouldn't even know what they basing these powers off of. You may even think kid might be Jesus on the come back.

The 3rd act is 🔥 I swear DC wishes they could make a superhero origin like this, hell they wish they made this movie (only thing is its more in line with a Marvel hero). Probably not enough action but the world building really makes up for it.

Only thing that posses me off is its not the start of the franchise and I'm not even sure it gets a sequel. Reminds me of Brightburn in that way.
Never heard of this, will check it out. If DC was smart they would have done what Marvel did and go find ill up and coming directors.

10things-i-hate-about-you-2000.jpg

Did anyone see Sonic 2?

I had some old co workers who wanted to go so I went, I liked it a lot! So many references to the old games. I couldn’t make it through the first Sonic but the sequel Id reccomend.

Interesting to me that they put Some Kind of Wonderful on there because it was basically a copy of Pretty in Pink with the genders reversed and I was always under the impression that PIP was a more popular.

(My wife loves both those movies - hence my familiarity with them).

I remember watching all the special features on the Star Wars prequels episode 1 and 2 on DVD in 2004-early 2005 and I enjoyed them so much.

One of many aspects that stuck out to me was producer Rick McCallum. His confidence, enthusiasm, and positivity was truly inspiring.

Just got back from watching Everything Everywhere All at Once. Man what a trip! I didn't really know what was going on until maybe the second act. I think the entire thing was an allegory to family dysfunction and how we must keep fighting for our wellbeing, and the wellbeing of others, and so forth but presented in a very unique way.

Hollywood has been kind to Michelle Yeoh these past recent years with Crazy Rich Asians, Shang Chi, and now this. Her career has blossomed well I must say. I think this is the lane that Jackie Chan wanted but hasn't really happened after The Foreigner. I actually could have pictured him playing the husband in the film. And that role was played by Ke Huy Quan aka Short Round from Indy Jones and the Temple of Doom. He did well too. Crazy! Anyway, I thought it was a fun movie with excellent visuals that managed to be very sincere in it's storytelling.
Movie was fire. Gotta be the goofiest & silliest serious movie in the history of cinema. One of a kind. I'm amazed at how they made it so silly and yet extremely thought provoking at the same time. And the fight scenes....wow. Just a whole new experience as far as movies go. Definitely recommend.

I agree. Chan could've played the husband. Dude did good tho. But I was shocked to know he was also the kid from Indiana Jones & Goonies. We're all getting old fellas😔
9xze75jf5cc51.jpg

EKfrXxbU0AAra-E.jpg

Back
Top Bottom