Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching this.
What an Amazing Man.
Truly.
FCB10386-095E-4FFF-8947-EE3F746A0D67.jpeg

Just got back from watching Everything Everywhere All at Once. Man what a trip! I didn't really know what was going on until maybe the second act. I think the entire thing was an allegory to family dysfunction and how we must keep fighting for our wellbeing, and the wellbeing of others, and so forth but presented in a very unique way.

Hollywood has been kind to Michelle Yeoh these past recent years with Crazy Rich Asians, Shang Chi, and now this. Her career has blossomed well I must say. I think this is the lane that Jackie Chan wanted but hasn't really happened after The Foreigner. I actually could have pictured him playing the husband in the film. And that role was played by Ke Huy Quan aka Short Round from Indy Jones and the Temple of Doom. He did well too. Crazy! Anyway, I thought it was a fun movie with excellent visuals that managed to be very sincere in it's storytelling.

Just got home from Ambulance.

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. It's bad, but it's great.

I mean, as a real movie, 2/8, but as a Bay movie, 7/8.

It's like if Michael Bay made a Michael Bay movie.

The visuals were awesome and sea sickening, you get to drive around LA for two hours, we randomly ram cars into things......a dozen or 20 times. Little surgery on the 105 doin 60 while drifting, who wouldn't love that?

We had a bank robbery turned shootout with cops, Swat, military guys, Feds, mercs etc and I might be bad with time, but I'd guess maybe five full minutes of automatic gunfire in all directions before we actually had anyone get shot by a single bullet. That's impressive. John Wick could never. :smh:

It's a series of fast slow motion shots and one of the hottest women Earth has produced. It's Transformers but with Jake Gyllenhaal instead of Shia.

Jake was fantastic. Let that be known. He knew it was insane and welcomed it.

Bay sexed up 15 year old Megan Fox but sexed down 30 year old Eiza. Very confusing. Not creepy at all.

Perfect 2 hour escape popcorn flick. Seriously. Easily could/should be a Netflix movie, but great in a theater....with 4 people opening night. No worries there. 👍

Just got back from watching Everything Everywhere All at Once. Man what a trip! I didn't really know what was going on until maybe the second act. I think the entire thing was an allegory to family dysfunction and how we must keep fighting for our wellbeing, and the wellbeing of others, and so forth but presented in a very unique way.

Hollywood has been kind to Michelle Yeoh these past recent years with Crazy Rich Asians, Shang Chi, and now this. Her career has blossomed well I must say. I think this is the lane that Jackie Chan wanted but hasn't really happened after The Foreigner. I actually could have pictured him playing the husband in the film. And that role was played by Ke Huy Quan aka Short Round from Indy Jones and the Temple of Doom. He did well too. Crazy! Anyway, I thought it was a fun movie with excellent visuals that managed to be very sincere in it's storytelling.
I read they initially intended for this movie to be for Jackie Chan, but they changed it to focus on the wife of a marriage instead.

Just got home from Ambulance.

It's bad, but it's great.

It's like if Michael Bay made a Michael Bay movie.

randomly ram cars into things......a dozen or 20 times.

Little surgery on the 105 doin 60 while drifting

five full minutes of automatic gunfire in all directions before we actually had anyone get shot by a single bullet. That's impressive. John Wick could never. :smh:

fast slow motion

Transformers but with Jake Gyllenhaal

Bay sexed up 15 year old Megan Fox but sexed down 30 year old Eiza. Very confusing. Not creepy at all.

great in a theater....with 4 people opening night. No worries there. 👍

-foe

What do people think of Lincoln Lawyer?

Beginning of MM's impressive 2010's.

Entertaining but could have been a little better IMO. Ending seemed a little too "neat."

Family Matters, Full House ---> TGI ---> Friday

Wooooooow. Frustrating, but clever af.

-foe

What do people think of Lincoln Lawyer?

Beginning of MM's impressive 2010's.

Entertaining but could have been a little better IMO. Ending seemed a little too "neat."
I like Lincoln Lawyer .... I thought it was very good. Not sure what else they could have done to make it better ....

I like Lincoln Lawyer .... I thought it was very good. Not sure what else they could have done to make it better ....

It wasn't really bad I just thought the court scenes and final revelation were rushed and a little sloppy. Like a cheesy murder mystery everything was tidied up and fell into place within minutes.

Loved the first half though. Really entertaining. The novel is good too.

Ryan Phillippe was haunting in that role, MM and him were both great, I loved that movie.

Marisa Tomei and Michael Peña were really good too. Ryan Phillipe is so easily hateable plays a perfect villain.

Back
Top Bottom