Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Oh I see ...

But again, who are you asking? Joint is over 30 years old. Lol

Yeah but so is Gleaming the Cube and The Wizard and everyone seems to remember those.

Dead Calm is just relatively "unknown" for how good it is for some reason.

Wait, THIS?

Screenshot_20220407-094518_JustWatch.jpg

-foe
Wow you must've went digging to find that.

A google image search or regular google search naturally brings up an actual book of Mormon or what I'm referring to

The_Book_of_Mormon_poster.jpg

Besides I said I wanted to see the Book of Mormon and my post was about musicals. Why would I be meaning to just see a book? Especially if there's pics of it online? :lol:

Yeah but so is Gleaming the Cube and The Wizard and everyone seems to remember those.

Dead Calm is just relatively "unknown" for how good it is for some reason.
I faintly remember Gleaming the Cube and thats because I googled it. If i recall, joint was trashed. The Wizard I remember because who doesnt ... it was about video games that were popular then however neither IMO was as good as DeadCalm .... actually pretty trash. Suprise people remember them, what kind of friends you have. Lol

Last edited:
Wow you must've went digging to find that.
Nope. Just Watch app that I always go to whenever I want to watch something. You enter the streaming services that you have, then when you enter something that you think that you want to watch, it will let you know what streaming services you can watch it on that you already have. I didn't know it was a musical, because if you go back to the conversation that you guys were having, I didn't see anyone say it was a musical. Yes, I know people were talking about musicals, before that response even gets typed.

I'm gonna just start responding to people with 'Google it'. Only reason I literally almost never do is because I've always found it somewhat condescending.

-foe

I faintly remember Gleaming the Cube and thats because I googled it. If i recall, joint was trashed. The Wizard I remember because who doesnt ... it was about video games that were popular then however neither IMO was as good as DeadCalm .... actually pretty trash. Suprise people remember them, what kind of friends you have. Lol

You've never been in a situation where you just start chopping it up about movies? Doesn't necessarily gotta be your friends. "Have you seen _____" is one of the biggest ice breaking type of conversations of the past decade or so especially with streaming services, but even beyond that.

Gleaming the Cube and The Wizard are just good bad 80's movies, nothing more. A lot of nostalgia. But people seem to recognize them more often than Dead Calm and some other actually good 80's movies.

Just found it interesting how certain movies fly under the radar (in my experience).

Nope. Just Watch app that I always go to whenever I want to watch something. You enter the streaming services that you have, then when you enter something that you think that you want to watch, it will let you know what streaming services you can watch it on that you already have. I didn't know it was a musical, because if you go back to the conversation that you guys were having, I didn't see anyone say it was a musical. Yes, I know people were talking about musicals, before that response even gets typed.

I'm gonna just start responding to people with 'Google it'. Only reason I literally almost never do is because I've always found it somewhat condescending.

-foe
I wasn’t trying to be condescending. Actually thought you might be interested in the information and would save you the trouble of searching again for it yourself.

Finished s2 of Mythic Quest a few days ago. Another great season btw and towards the end it really hit me in the feels with the video game writers ep.

William Hurt guest stars in it playing a dying writer and it just really hit me cuz you realize he knew he was dying that whole time. It was a great episode

quick thots on the last few pages:

dead calm is fire.

og fast and furious only one that matters.

encanto was trash. mitchells vs machines and luca were better in every aspect.

i enjoy musicals.

pitch perfect was great. other ones were big trash cash grabs.

Finished s2 of Mythic Quest a few days ago. Another great season btw and towards the end it really hit me in the feels with the video game writers ep.

William Hurt guest stars in it playing a dying writer and it just really hit me cuz you realize he knew he was dying that whole time. It was a great episode

Still gotta check this out. Is the humor in the realm of Sunny or a little different?

Still gotta check this out. Is the humor in the realm of Sunny or a little different?
Its different.

Wouldn't put it in the same category at all but still funny.

Its a really high quality show that delves in to the video game industry/community that pretty much no other show is doing.

I'd sooner compare it to Silicon Valley.

Detroiters and I Think You Should Leave are so stupid but funny. Tim Robinson breakout incoming

wavycrocket wavycrocket think Detroiters might be in your lane

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom