Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I was disappointed West Side Story wasn't a musical about Death Row Records. Haven't seen the pitch perfects either but I did like grease back in the day and I watched Sing 1 and 2 with my daughter and enjoyed it I know they are cartoons but same isht basically. I'll have to check WSS out sometime.

lf9d2fh4zvr81.png

I saw the stage play of In The Heights a few years back and I enjoyed it. Similar to many of you, I am not a fan of musicals at all.

I'm not necessarily a proponent of "cancel culture" either, but given that feature films don't have the casting limitations of a touring show, I can 100% understand the issue folks had with the movie.

I remember watching a movie or something where they discussed th curse of the Lee family

I heard more about it on the Last Ovation podcast. Hearing the stuff about Bruce and his father was pretty wild, especially considering what happened to his son.

Btw, I would highly recommend that podcast (I don't think they make new episodes anymore). I personally peeped it to learn more about Black actresses - the episodes are only 20-30 minutes and very informative.

I don't think it's hate, it was just objectively not a great film. Doesn't mean folks didn't love it.
This. I said I liked it and have seen it multiple times.

I think it was only one person in here who commented who didn’t like it at all.

I don't think it's hate, it was just objectively not a great film. Doesn't mean folks didn't love it.

This. I’ve seen it like 10 times maybe? Love it. But it’s pretty trash quality and ABSOLUTELY worthy of a big budget remake to do it justice.

Imagine a hypothetical: the same exact cast from the the Pattinson Batman (if that film
Was never made) just playing characters in a Crow remake. That’s easily a blockbuster.

Actually you know what, imma draft up a mock preview trailer with the desired cast. Throw some Nirvana on the soundtrack. Curtains.

What Roger Ebert said…
1649266064768.jpeg
His reaction to this film not winning the best documentary Oscar that year ended up making the academy change the way they did the voting. He also boycotted Cannes film festival after Do The Right Thing got shut out of awards. There's a dope 8 part Siskel and Ebert podcast on the ringer podcast network you all should check out when you have time. Each episode is about 30 minutes

Siskel & Ebert Vs. The Academy

I will say that Sonic 2 RT critics score is higher than the original Sonic, which audiences loved, granted far less reviews at the moment. I didn’t see the first.

Do any of you that Didn’t Like In The Heights or West Side Story like Pitch Perfect?
I liked Pitched Perfect but its more in despite of the singing a bit. I mean I watched a season or two of Glee too. Sometimes it works for me, most times it doesn't.

I refuse to watch In The Heights.

Westside Story has just never been my thing going back when I had to watch the OG and Grease back in school.

I think Lin-Manuel Miranda is very overrated. Very overrated.

Last edited:
I've been a big musical fan since I was a kid. If I like it, I love it. If I don't feel it they're awful. Very high ceiling for me but low floor.

I liked Pitched Perfect but its more in despite of the singing a bit. I mean I watched a season or two of Glee too. Sometimes it works for me, most times it doesn't.

I refuse to watch In The Heights.

Westside Story has just never been my thing going back when I had to watch the OG and Grease back in school.

I think Lin-Manuel Miranda is very overrated. Very overrated.

Don’t get the hype with LMM either. Seems like he kinda disappeared after getting called out with The Heights thing.

Back
Top Bottom