Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Took a break from Sopranos S5ep4 to watch Molly’s Game, again.
As she’s narrating the intro I start thinking about how great an Actress she is.
Then I GOOGLE “bests actresses currently”
Got to # 20 and was shocked she wasn’t listed in there(thought for sure she’d be top 10, maybe even 5.
There’s some good names inside the top20, it I don’t know that I can support Margot Robbie o er Jessica Chastain…..just saying.
(List needs updating 7/21)

Took a break from Sopranos S5ep4 to watch Molly’s Game, again.
As she’s narrating the intro I start thinking about how great an Actress she is.
Then I GOOGLE “bests actresses currently”
Got to # 20 and was shocked she wasn’t listed in there(thought for sure she’d be top 10, maybe even 5.
There’s some good names inside the top20, it I don’t know that I can support Margot Robbie o er Jessica Chastain…..just saying.
(List needs updating 7/21)

Karen gillan number 69 on that list
438F28DF-344D-4775-88B4-DD99CF0834D4.gif

Goonies is the answer. Solid discussion, good question.

The answer is Goonies.

-foe

darthska darthska It really is brilliant from beginning to end, not just Season 1. Season 4 started out a little off, but that was just fatigue-it’s wrapped superbly. About 10minutes left in the S4 finale, and this show is much much much better, than I remembered it.
It aired at a time where is was Pre- Peak and in my Prime, I had so much going on outside of it. Now that I can rewatch and digest it all, Oh my….I think it could be the Best TV Series, of All Time.

Edit: Oh yea, I’m talking about SOPRANOS
chris n paulie....always something between them goons, lmao!..
that intervention scene is never not funny...:rofl:

Movie szn is back starting this month 🔥 no Morbius, it hasn’t started yet

I’m watching Beverly Hills Cop and am tripping because $235/night for a room in a nice hotel was depicted as wild expensive for 1983. I never really paid attention to that before.

I’m watching Beverly Hills Cop and am tripping because $235/night for a room in a nice hotel was depicted as wild expensive for 1983. I never really paid attention to that before.
I gotta watch the sequel

Recent viewing. 8/8 Pure movie magic and great storytelling. I would have loved an opportunity to see this in theater. Must be cool on the big screen.
1649131606135.jpeg

In funny conspiracies This guy analyzed the movie The Town and said the movie is impossible by all means solely based on MLB scheduling layout:lol:

Damn so technical and specific :lol:

Could simply say in the world of The Town a 4 game home stint against the Yankees in August or September did happen.

Recent viewing. 8/8 Pure movie magic and great storytelling. I would have loved an opportunity to see this in theater. Must be cool on the big screen.
1649131606135.jpeg

I wasn’t feeling this movie on my initial viewing. Just caught the first 20 or 30 mins and thought it was lacking. Finally got around to finishing it and god damn what a film! My exact thoughts were “man I wish I would have seen this in theaters!!”

Def one of Spielbergs best, as far as set design and cinematography. He’s still got it :pimp:

I wasn’t feeling this movie on my initial viewing. Just caught the first 20 or 30 mins and thought it was lacking. Finally got around to finishing it and god damn what a film! My exact thoughts were “man I wish I would have seen this in theaters!!”

Def one of Spielbergs best, as far as set design and cinematography. He’s still got it :pimp:
I understand exactly where you’re coming from. There have been times when I viewed a film for 30 minutes or less and I wouldn’t continue watching because I don’t care about the characters, for example. But of course we, as film lovers know there are so many variables that make up a great film.

Very well said in regards to the set design and cinematography. Those were my favorite aspects of the film as well. It’s also the main reason why I feel it would make for a great theater experience.

After watching the film I was thinking about Spielberg and how old he his. (75) He’s still got it indeed. 🔥

I felt that way after I watched Prisoners and it completely weighed me down, and then I washed it down with Sicario and was just completely blown away. (Denis Villenueve)

Startin to feel that way with Sheridan as well, be it written or directed.

Villeneuve is on another level right now. Love Chazelle but First Man wasnt my favorite. Need to rewatch it to be fair.

alright so still binging at a slow pace. Tell me why I only found out I was watching a non explicit language version of this movie on Amazon Prime (didn't know that was even possible too) only after Samuel Jackson started cussing and it was shushed out:lol:

#90sThriller
White_Sands-535108891-large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom