Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Vivarium 6/8

Cool little ducked up sci-fi alien abduction movie. **** got surreal QUICK! I probably would've killed that alien baby at some point.

Parallel 6.5/8

My jam right here. Multiversal alt universe hopping joint.

It was fun untill **** got serious. What a way to **** up to start things off. Just cuz you wanted some yambs. Then how his friends approach it :smh: The one friend turned in to a ******* lunatic quick :lol:

Barely remember most.

Fast Times or Clueless.

All classics and worth watching IMO. Some might not age as well as others but all heavy hitters in their day.

I always wonder what will the future generation consider teen classics 30+ years down the road.

All classics and worth watching IMO. Some might not age as well as others but all heavy hitters in their day.

I always wonder what will the future generation consider teen classics 30+ years down the road.
I watched them. I just don’t remember much of Some Kind of Wonderful and Heathers.

But I wouldn’t call all of those classics either.

Family Matters, Full House ---> TGI ---> Friday

Wooooooow. Frustrating, but clever af.

-foe
Let's not forget they also all start with the letter F :lol:
charlie-day-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia.gif

Not sure if clever or one of the worst hints of all time.
200.gif

Last edited:
Just got back from watching Everything Everywhere All at Once. Man what a trip! I didn't really know what was going on until maybe the second act. I think the entire thing was an allegory to family dysfunction and how we must keep fighting for our wellbeing, and the wellbeing of others, and so forth but presented in a very unique way.

Hollywood has been kind to Michelle Yeoh these past recent years with Crazy Rich Asians, Shang Chi, and now this. Her career has blossomed well I must say. I think this is the lane that Jackie Chan wanted but hasn't really happened after The Foreigner. I actually could have pictured him playing the husband in the film. And that role was played by Ke Huy Quan aka Short Round from Indy Jones and the Temple of Doom. He did well too. Crazy! Anyway, I thought it was a fun movie with excellent visuals that managed to be very sincere in it's storytelling.
I wanna watch it this tonight or tomorrow

I saw Heathers for the first time over the pandemic. Movie was weird as heck to me (to the point of being unsettling) :lol:
I never was big on it. I like a lot of weird movies, but that is not one of them.

But it has a very strong, devoted cult following.

Finished Saturday Night Fever. I think I must’ve watched it in six installments of 20 minutes. Stephanie in da outfits ayyy, made me not care so much about her snootiness, or grant her some leverage I suppose. Weakness.

Travolta tried to rape her whether or not he would’ve is not up to us, she was able to stop it. So he tried to. That’s canon, if you watch you can’t debate it :lol: The ending was abrupt and pretty out there but they had been signaling toward something like it with the soon-to-be father’s insecurities. Think they could’ve cut out some of the hardware scenes or scenes with da jersey shore crew and embedded that and a more satisfying ending.

5/8

Currently ( I’m sure it sucks, but I’m eventually watching them all, this is where I am in the order they go :lol: )

838713EB-EDA6-4C67-B277-7AE4FDFE7CA7.jpeg

TF BRO?!
I. Have never, seen………season6ofthesopranos

What the actual….
Wow.
Thought I’d seen the whole Series.
I haven’t seen any of these episodes and I’m up to 6 out of the 23

Currently

Seems like a great idea to watch an entire movie filmed on VHS in 3D, but I passed because it’s 2022!

A6F7DF61-E27E-4BF7-AF5E-0C273ECF0540.jpeg

Just got back from watching Everything Everywhere All at Once. Man what a trip! I didn't really know what was going on until maybe the second act. I think the entire thing was an allegory to family dysfunction and how we must keep fighting for our wellbeing, and the wellbeing of others, and so forth but presented in a very unique way.

Hollywood has been kind to Michelle Yeoh these past recent years with Crazy Rich Asians, Shang Chi, and now this. Her career has blossomed well I must say. I think this is the lane that Jackie Chan wanted but hasn't really happened after The Foreigner. I actually could have pictured him playing the husband in the film. And that role was played by Ke Huy Quan aka Short Round from Indy Jones and the Temple of Doom. He did well too. Crazy! Anyway, I thought it was a fun movie with excellent visuals that managed to be very sincere in it's storytelling.
Well said. Not sure if spoilers... so I'll add some space...

Was sitting and waiting the whole time for a mental sickness issue to arise. With how Swiss Army Man played out I was expecting Yeoh to have a moment where nothing she was experiencing was real, and she was having a break from the stress of her life. Glad that never came. Made the surreal experience more "real" and pushed the stakes of their familial existence into real peril. If not the universe(s) altogether :lol:

I think Michelle Yeoh deserves a lot of praise for this film and how she was able to float seamlessly through the MANY changes and twists her character endured. Her and Stephanie Hsu played well off each other the whole time. Oh and Jamie Lee Curtis? *chefs kiss* 🤌

Overall, "Everything" delivered on everything I was hoping for, even if I wasn't sure what I was expecting to get. Solid 7.5/8.

Leak of what Christian Bale’s villain, Gorr, could look like in Thor: Love and Thunder

89CD2F1C-2F42-4EF6-99A9-FF37D3FB48A5.jpeg

Mortal 6.5/8

But 7.5/8 just for the slow burn execution and a great example

At first you thinking this is another typical sci-fi or supernatural kid mysteriously gets powers and then gets chased by the gov. or by the police and he'll either get away for the happy ending or die like Chronicle or Jumper.

But nah this is a real slow burn. Plus it takes place in Norway so a bunch of characters speaking norwegian. If it weren't for the location you wouldn't even know what they basing these powers off of. You may even think kid might be Jesus on the come back.

The 3rd act is 🔥 I swear DC wishes they could make a superhero origin like this, hell they wish they made this movie (only thing is its more in line with a Marvel hero). Probably not enough action but the world building really makes up for it.

Only thing that posses me off is its not the start of the franchise and I'm not even sure it gets a sequel. Reminds me of Brightburn in that way.

Back
Top Bottom