Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Die Hard is great but not my favorite of the series.

220px-A_Good_Day_to_Die_Hard.jpg

Man I remember staying up and watching the Fly when I was a kid too when my mom rented it. **** had me shook :lol:. Nice pick

I was really debating on something else, but honestly I haven't watched many Westerns, and I loved Django. Figured it wouldn't last much longer

There's a lot of classics to choose from but considering the modern bias of these drafts, you made a great pick. I would have been tempted to get it next go around.

C CP1708 petition to have Christmas movies added as a category. I’m sure you have one or two in your top 550

No.

No more categories, no more animated post 1950 in black and white silent film's categories or comedies using sign language etc.

We already have ten plus two extras. There are tens of thousands of film's, we're picking ~170. No matter what we're leaving thousands unpicked. No need to create an extra 50 genres so people can complain because we left a 51st genre unfilled.

My mom says The Fly is the scariest movie she's ever seen. :lol:

Good pick.

I honestly don't imagine any way any of us come away with bad boards. This is like picking Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, Mario Williams, Orlando Pace, Bruce Smith, etc. in every round.

Good pick.

I honestly don't imagine any way any of us come away with bad boards. This is like picking Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, Mario Williams, Orlando Pace, Bruce Smith, etc. in every round.

what would be the NFL comparison for picking Pain and Gain?

Good pick.

Was thinking the same. Like being in a 4 team fantasy football league.

Alright, I'm low key upset at each and every one of y'all. I was taking huge risks the last few rounds and banking on recency bias and hope. It paid off somehow. With this selection, I'm taking what I consider the best film ever made. More than Godfather 2, more than Pulp Fiction. It has held up over the decades and still resonates with its message and warnings of greed. The birth of film noir, and an ending that's been done to death in pop culture. Simply Orson Welles' masterpiece and a classic in every sense of the word. If you havent seen it, please do. The age doesn't affect the film and it has indeed aged incredibly well.

Citizen Kane
Drama

Back
Top Bottom