Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

That would have probably been my next pick, I thought about it last round and was hoping it stuck around.

It's like picking Shaq in the 2nd round. Steal of the draft so far.

Citizen Kane would have been my pick but fortunately I have a backup.

One of the most endearing stories of our time, great and iconic dialogue, memorable characters, and a movie that continues to stand the test of time almost 80 years later.

Casablanca, Utility

The fact that Citizen Kane wasn't picked until the 5th round is wild. It wouldn't have made it past me but I'm even mad I let it go past the 2nd round.

Your bad, indeed.

I would have done the "haha" in a text color that only showed when you quoted but with new NT I'd have no idea how to do that.

I'm old. :lol:

One of the most endearing stories of our time, great and iconic dialogue, memorable characters, and a movie that continues to stand the test of time almost 80 years later.

Casablanca, Utility

Top-10 movie of all time. :smokin

While I wouldn't mind if the draft was stretched a bit because it's been so fun, I am glad we'll probably wrap it up while I'm still on vacation.

Your bad, indeed.

I would have done the "haha" in a text color that only showed when you quoted but with new NT I'd have no idea how to do that.

I'm old. :lol:

Earlier I tried to hit like, but the laughing one but it wouldn't come up, kept sayin copy text, or report, some other weird **** so I just left it plain like.

Then later it worked fine. I hate the internet. :lol:

Before all the favs get got...

Action: Seven Samurai

af1c9e7e-7e6b-42d1-9c63-83e43487fcff.gif

Alright, I'm low key upset at each and every one of y'all. I was taking huge risks the last few rounds and banking on recency bias and hope. It paid off somehow. With this selection, I'm taking what I consider the best film ever made. More than Godfather 2, more than Pulp Fiction. It has held up over the decades and still resonates with its message and warnings of greed. The birth of film noir, and an ending that's been done to death in pop culture. Simply Orson Welles' masterpiece and a classic in every sense of the word. If you havent seen it, please do. The age doesn't affect the film and it has indeed aged incredibly well.

Citizen Kane
Drama
Purposely didn't pick it cuz I got a few other classics in mind.

Love the movie but love these others more.

Great pick though.

Earlier I tried to hit like, but the laughing one but it wouldn't come up, kept sayin copy text, or report, some other weird **** so I just left it plain like.

Then later it worked fine. I hate the internet. :lol:
Yeah when this happens for me I have to open the thread in a new tab for the options to come up again.
Citizen Kane would have been my pick but fortunately I have a backup.

Casablanca, Utility
Before all the favs get got...

Action: Seven Samurai

af1c9e7e-7e6b-42d1-9c63-83e43487fcff.gif
Now I'm getting worried my picks wont make it to me next round.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom