Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Pick 4

[
1572735948350.gif

1572736090511.gif

8XDv.gif

ALIENS - SCIFI

I’ll take...

61D93DEB-DF8C-4ADD-8841-BFDC245C9B3E.gif

For Comedy:

Anchorman (2004) :smokin

My personal ATF comedy and comedy is my favorite movie genre.

It wasn’t instantly that though. Took multiple watches for me to really catch everything that makes it so hilarious...

I'm torn between two choices and I don't think either will make it back to me.... but I'll take the chance that my other choice might still be there.

For my 4th pick, I'm going back to the well as this was a previous pick for the best director for me. I"m trying to diversify my director choices but I have to pick another Spielberg... if Saving Private Ryan showcased the horrors of the warfront and human element of the soldiers, this choice shows the other horror of WWII and does so in an honest, dramatic, and brutal touch that only Spielberg could do. Masterfully shot, wonderfully acted by Neeson, Fiennes, and Kingsley, it's one of the most emotionally draining and dramatic movies I've seen.

Schindler's List, Drama.

I'm torn between two choices and I don't think either will make it back to me.... but I'll take the chance that my other choice might still be there.

For my 4th pick, I'm going back to the well as this was a previous pick for the best director for me. I"m trying to diversify my director choices but I have to pick another Spielberg... if Saving Private Ryan showcased the horrors of the warfront and human element of the soldiers, this choice shows the other horror of WWII and does so in an honest, dramatic, and brutal touch that only Spielberg could do. Masterfully shot, wonderfully acted by Neeson, Fiennes, and Kingsley, it's one of the most emotionally draining and dramatic movies I've seen.

Schindler's List, Drama.

Draining is a great word.

I watched this film during the beginnings of this thread. I knew it was great, but "not for me" so to speak so I had never watched it.
Got a copy, sat down to watch it, and.......soul crushing. Just, soul crushing.

I vowed to never watch it again.

Passion of the Christ is similar, I have never seen that, nor do I think I ever will. I recognize it was probably really well done, but "not for me".

Draining is a great word.

I watched this film during the beginnings of this thread. I knew it was great, but "not for me" so to speak so I had never watched it.
Got a copy, sat down to watch it, and.......soul crushing. Just, soul crushing.

I vowed to never watch it again.

Passion of the Christ is similar, I have never seen that, nor do I think I ever will. I recognize it was probably really well done, but "not for me".

I see what you mean by the Passion comparison. What makes Schindler's List more "rewatchable" is it's far more artfully shot, has restraint for what they show whereas Passion seemed to want to get that viscerally gut reaction on a more base and gross level. Passion would have been worth to watch back then because it was such a popular topic and discussion but now... Ehh

Back
Top Bottom