Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I find that review very interesting calibeebee calibeebee can you give an example of the lightbulb moment in other films? Iwas keen on watching Isle of Dogs expecting Fantastic Mr. Fox dopeness but I guess not. and I think Fox is one of his best

Also this plays a role lol

For me, that lightbulb moment in Fantastic Mr Fox was right around the middle of the movie I think when they're trapped underground and Fox and his wife get in a little argument I think? It's been a
while but he explains what it is about his personality that got them in that situation. What always gets them in those situations. His feeling like he has to live up to being Fantastic. His feeling of not being able to suppress his animalistic instincts. All sorts of whatever he's talking about gives his character crazy depth. And at that moment it hits you that his isn't some cute flick about funny animals that can talk and get in a hairy situation (no pun intended). It goes from "oh that silly little fox and his shenanigans" to "oh this guy has issues. Flaws. Oh this makes me think about my shortcomings and screw ups. Or the human condition in general. Blah blah blah".

You get the point. That movie was pretty masterful that way. Same with Moonrise. Odd character odd character then boom "oh wait flashback? Damn this kids love for this girl is POWERFUL. I feel his determination in my soul." Same with all his movies pretty much. With Dogs it's a lot more muddled.

It still has PLENTY of You Know It's Wes Anderson If moments so I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's just not up to par with his other masterpieces in my opinion.

Watched this again the other day... two of my favorite scenes... I love that Commodus is trapped from killing Maximus by his own design of the gladiator fights.

True ****, I was messing with this girl sometime around sophomore year of college and remember going to her crib for the 1st time and a dog came into the living room and I asked whose dog and she said it was her roommates Hannah’s. Immediately after I pose the ? Hannah comes out and say “his name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And he will have his vengeance, in this life or the next”

I was like yep, you’re the one :lol:

Batman Ninja 4/8 - It was okay. I didn't like the plot or the voice acting. Mark Hamill is the only animated Joker in my mind. The action sequences and art style save it from being a dud.

Tully 5/8 - Some really funny parts (although I don't know if they were supposed to be) and some deep moments. Charlize is a solid actress with a solid resume.

Half Magic 3/8 - I could barely get through it. A lot of the acting seemed way too forced like they were all just doing a friend a favor on this one.

91YWQqEhrHL._SL1500_.jpg

True ****, I was messing with this girl sometime around sophomore year of college and remember going to her crib for the 1st time and a dog came into the living room and I asked whose dog and she said it was her roommates Hannah’s. Immediately after I pose the ? Hannah comes out and say “his name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And he will have his vengeance, in this life or the next”

Wait for real? And you didn't marry the girl?!?! That would've been an on the spot proposal. :lol:

Has anyone seen ANON? Pretty cool flick. I give it a 4.5/8.

I got lost a hit at the end when the plot was revealed, so I think they could of have done better on that part. But I enjoyed it ....

I actually didn't find that movie that bad.

Only thing I liked about it was the setting. Movie lost all its steam by the time the "twist" was revealed. I'm not a fan of popcorn flicks like that that require flashback sequences to bring about the big reveal. Topped off by the corny "no honeymoon for us" line to end the movie. Too much cheese.

Has anyone seen ANON? Pretty cool flick. I give it a 4.5/8.

I got lost a hit at the end when the plot was revealed, so I think they could of have done better on that part. But I enjoyed it ....

I watched like the first 30 minutes and thought it was kinda trash and a huge black mirror ripoff. I stopped watching and came back when dude is snorting coke, blowing Seyfrieds back out, then started Getting his feed hacked. Joint looked lit after that so I think I'm gonna have to go back and give it a real shot.

I watched like the first 30 minutes and thought it was kinda trash and a huge black mirror ripoff. I stopped watching and came back when dude is snorting coke, blowing Seyfrieds back out, then started Getting his feed hacked. Joint looked lit after that so I think I'm gonna have to go back and give it a real shot.
Ain't this your kind of movies?

Black Mirror essentially are episodes based on future technology/living, so yes it does have that feel. Especially since BM has an episode where you can record your life and store it in your brain. One of the few episodes that I really liked.

The twist wasnt as good but I enjoyed the movie. Seen a lot worst.

That's funny and reminds me I had a friend whose gf would do that but with her cat Inigo Montoya :lol:

**** like that kills me :lol:

Immediate friends if you drop some **** like that or some deep cut movie reference

Is Logan decent for someone who generally doesn't like superhero movies? It looks a little more subtle with the cartoon type violence and costumes B/S and sort of sparked my interest.

Back
Top Bottom