Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Your finally watching a classic :pimp:

You'll be hooked by S1 alone.

I recommend Oz after that.

Just saw the episode where this gif comes from. "Shorty was a cop" :pimp:
wee-bey-reaction-gif.gif

Yea...I'm not revisiting those...

Which one has Mickey Rourke? That one was terrible

I really really liked the first ep of Patrick Melrose... Benedict did a great job of portraying the self destruction that comes from addiction & the junkie logic that comes with it. Added to this volatile mix is the trauma of the his childhood fueling his neuroses and addiction... Never read the book but I’m interested in seeing this story unfold...

Caught the back half of The Color Purple. I live to see the scene where Celie tells Albert off & puts a root on his @&$. I love how she puts the 3 fingers on ‘em... There is no way Geraldine Page should’ve beat Whoopi for the Oscar that year... Whoopi put in a tour de force performance... Even the subtle moments like when Celie helped Sofía at the store gather the items for the mayor’s wife & then silently told Sofía to keep her chin up...

Last edited:
Trust

Show was okay at first, but I can't keep keeping on if they're just going to keep showing this kinds of ****.

It's like.........man show is Trash right now. I don't even care anymore. I'm about to do what I've been staying away from and that's Googling the story and just reading an article on it.

**** got me Hot right now.:angry:

:lol:
Nah I liked Fargo and Snowfall and Americans(quit on s4) and Tyrant and Taboo and NipTuck and Atlanta and Sons of Anarchy and Damages and Terrier and The Riches and The Bastard Executioner and Married and You're the Worst just to name a few............it's really only Legion that I gave up on from boredom....and Americans I was just busy and never picked it back up

Life of the Party 5/8 - I laughed a lot. Melissa McCarthy is the same character she always is but there's some really smart jokes.

You Were Never Really Here ?/8 - I feel like I can't give this one a rating. It reminded me of Oldboy. I didn't dislike it but I feel like there's no rating that I can agree with lol.

RIP...

The trailer for Spike's next flick finally dropped. I like the cast... I hope this is good...

Last edited:
Officially geeked to see this... Feedback from Cannes about Spike's latest is great...

Love the homage to Bill Nunn... RIP Radio...

My wife has been chuckling at me bcs Mo Better Blues has been on cable & I keep watching it till the end... So many great scenes in this movie... The Scorsese style beat down Giant gets & then Bleek comes to his aid which incurs his beat down... The use of Branford Marsalis' Knocked Out The Box was flames... Totally captured the moment. This had such a great cast & they couldn't find anyone better than Leonard Thomas & Sam L Jackson for the parts they played.

For me, this might be the best movie montage ever... The use of Coltrane's A Love Supreme was so fitting given the subject matter of Bleek's redemption much like Coltrane's when he over came his addiction & found god.

ready player one: pretty ok movie. would be better in the theater than watching on my comp. dialogue, story, and acting were ok. i enjoyed the nostalgia. i actually believe that super 8 is a far better spielbergian movie even though he only produced that one and it was pretty much all jj abrams. i give it a 5/8

watched about 30 minutes of the titan and turned it off.

watched about 15 minutes of the terminal and turned it off.

game night: i might have chuckled a few times 6.3/8 bring on season 2 of ozark already man.

Being Korean-American, I never thought Korean cinema would be so big internationally like it is now. It's funny because like the cuisine, it's not very homogenized as it's sent out to the masses. Perhaps the most watered down project I can think of is Netflix's Okja, which still had a style of it's own but it was very accessible... Cool stuff...

Never been too big of the movies Marky Mark has done but this looks like a good summer pop corn action flick, plus it has Iko Uwais...

For those with a Dolby Cinema at AMC, do you have adequate leg room? I've been there a few times now and I don't think I can go back. The sound is amazing, the picture is beautiful, the seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat in at a movie theater, but the reclining is awful. When fully reclined, the foot rest basically touches the wall in front of me. Add in that I'm 6'2" my feet would basically be smashed against the wall. Not to mention, when a fully packed theater, there is literally zero room for anyone to move past you so you have to recline down. I saw War for the Planet of the Apes, The Last Jedi, and now Avengers and I don't think I can go back.

I was just wondering if this was an issue at my AMC because they retrofitted the Dolby Cinema there or if that's how they all are.

Wahlberg, Rousey, and that whack was Jay-Z as music would make it an instapass.

But then Malkovich, Cohan, and Ok I got.me reconsidering.

Back
Top Bottom