Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Was thinking earlier today about some of my favorite movie scenes of all time.. for me, gotta have Crowe’s monologue in Gladiator up near the top, the opening of Training Day at the diner and ending with Still D.R.E. too good :smh:, when DiCaprio takes the bunk *** qualuudes :lol:, Mr. Pink not tipping in Reservoir Dogs.

What are some of y’alls

Robin Williams dialogue at the park in Good Will Hunting
Predator when they shoot the Forrest in half
Heat bank heist
Matrix 2 with the Chateu plus freeway
Vader/Luke in ESB
Kitchen scene in Raid 2

agreed that matrix 2 freeway scene was fantastic.

coin toss in no country for old men.
throne room in last jedi.
pulp fiction heroin od revival.
pool scene in let the right one in.
the sequence of all the last kicks in inception was mind-blowing.
hans landa dialogue in the opening scene of inglourious basterds.

Was reading some trivia on Hellboy II

"Peter Jackson approached Guillermo del Toro to direct Halo, and even though del Toro considered it, he turned the offer down so he could direct this sequel. Also, del Toro turned down I Am Legend (2007), One Missed Call (2008), and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) for the same reason."

Man, Del Toro and a Harry Potter movie?! I Am Legend?! That woulda been so dope. Loved Hellboy II tho. It's too bad The Dark Knight was released the very next week this was in theaters. If it would have made more money, we would have had a trilogy

Avengers IW was pretty dope.

Which was should I watch all the Marvel Movies.

I feel I should of have watched at least the last Capt America and Thor.

But I'm sure I missed a few others.

Star-Wars-4.jpg

the tbs star wars commercial for may 4th is hilarious

**** kathleen kennedy and that ***** rian johnson for disrespecting the legend ackbar like that smh ******* clowns

Truth or Dare 4.4/8

Something you can sit through but isn't good while watching and even on reflection in hindsight.

Poor decision making, poor plot, acting was serviceable at times and other times just corny and bad especially between the alleged best friends, just random **** you can just blame on the game.

Then this stupid ending. Like they tried to go for that ominous bad ending that Life had but just failed so bad

p15293493_p_v8_aa.jpg

this movie was crazyyyy

black cop gets harassed by fellow officers and suffers a mental breakdown leading him to assault various rando white ppl

main actor was intense too

Tully 4.7/8

This was okay. I couldn't fully relate and the movie was handled in such a nice way that I didn't connect much with the performances. Seemed like a day in the life of a mother struggling. Theron and Mackenzie were good.

Plot twist could've been a bit more clearer in execution.

Back in another viewing on Infinty War to leave on a high note.

Last edited:
Mudbound 6/8

It took me a while to place Jamie (the younger brother) but I knew I knew him from something. He played Jack (also the youngest brother) in Four Brothers.

Very good watch but also a difficult watch. You just want to crawl through the screen and pummel the old racist Pappy POS. I wasn't ready for the turn it took with the Klan either. I knew tragedy was looming but it was a little OD for the climate of the movie.

The dynamic between Hedlund and Jason Mitchell was my favorite part of the flick. Rob Morgan and MJB were great too though. Nice, believable performances all around.

One of my favorite movie scenes of all time partly bcs I tell my son this all the time, “Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.”

Watched this again the other day... two of my favorite scenes... I love that Commodus is trapped from killing Maximus by his own design of the gladiator fights.

This scene is so bitter sweet. I love how Maximus kills Commodus to exact his revenge. Joaquin did an excellent job playing such a b$st$rd...

Isle of Dogs 5.4/8

Def Andersons weakest movie. I only liked the trademarks that he puts in all his movies. It was missing that key ingredient. It's hard to explain. With every film he's made, you're like "this is odd this is odd this is odd" but then this BOOM moment hits you. It's the moment you understand the underlying theme or message of the film. The lightbulb moment. And it's usually about something heavy. This movie didn't have that. It just had funny dialogue and cool animation shots. Wouldn't recommend this for anyone other than huge Wes Anderson fans aka my girlfriend gave me the stank face the whole movie :lol:

I find that review very interesting calibeebee calibeebee can you give an example of the lightbulb moment in other films? Iwas keen on watching Isle of Dogs expecting Fantastic Mr. Fox dopeness but I guess not. and I think Fox is one of his best

Also this plays a role lol

Back
Top Bottom