[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laker fans don't want LeBron here not because they don't recognize his talent.

They don't want him here because of what it could mean to Kobe Bryant's legacy.

Who cares? They will both be top 5 when they retire. It also is no longer Kobe's generation, his generation was gone 4 years ago. Either way they'll both be the best of their generation.

Who cares? They will both be top 5 when they retire. It also is no longer Kobe's generation, his generation was gone 4 years ago. Either way they'll both be the best of their generation.

Laker fans who are also Kobe fans care.

Obviously.

I fall in both those categories..

The answer is move on.

Whether people like it or not, if Lebron continues on this trajectory he will pass Kobe. Either way they will both be in the top 5.

CP WILL ENJOY THIS

Laker fans who are also Kobe fans care.

Obviously.

I fall in both those categories..

The answer is move on.

Whether people like it or not, if Lebron continues on this trajectory he will pass Kobe. Either way they will both be in the top 5.

I agree. But surely you can empathize? To many, Kobe represents the best of their generation. People grew up watching Kobe dominate. If there's even a slight chance that someone could take that from them, of course they will become defensive, even irrational.

Acceptance will eventually come. Until then, patience is key. I, for one, would welcome LeBron if he wanted to join the Lakers. It'd be good for the organization and the city.

Actually it's Lebron who probably would not want to come to LA. He will be more likely to go back to Cleveland than LA.

Any chance in Rondo ending up here? (essential1)

I really like his game, and would be beyond excited if he comes here.

Last edited:

2015 if we have cap space.. If we have the space, I think it could happen.

Only caution is I'm not sure how he'd work with guys who want the ball every possession.

Last edited:
Kobe & Lebron have trolls from both fan bases.

The 2000's were Kobe's time. 2010 beyond belongs to Lebron.

Only caution is I'm not sure how he'd work with guys who want the ball every possession.

Yeah was thinking that too. TBH though, that's how I want this team should be built for the future. Find a good point guard that could lead a team a la Magic, then build around whoever that PG is. :rolleyes

so boston wouldnt trade rondo for pau?

especially if they move kg to the clippers.

so boston wouldnt trade rondo for pau?

especially if they move kg to the clippers.

That deal is dead.

Clippers only wanted KG because it would bring Doc and Pierce. Doc has moved on. So Pierce & KG could stay put. As does Rondo.

Also Celtics won't trade him this year, even if he demands a trade.

Last edited:
i dont see why people care if we sign lebron (knock on wood), it will be hard for a true lakers fan to keep hating the guy if hes leading our team to Ws

If any Lakers fan that don't want Lebron here because of Kobe's legacy needs to re-check their fan card and change it to a strictly Kobe-Stan.

No doubt, I'm a huge Kobe fan, but I'd rather have the name in front of the jersey do good than the name on the back of the jersey.

If any Lakers fan that don't want Lebron here because of Kobe's legacy needs to re-check their fan card and change it to a strictly Kobe-Stan.

No doubt, I'm a huge Kobe fan, but I'd rather have the name in front of the jersey do good than the name on the back of the jersey.
exactly,  Kobe's been my favorite player but I was a Laker fan before Kobe and i'll be a Laker fan after Kobe.

at the end of the day,  Laker championships > an individual players legacy regardless of how highly i regard that individual player.

A perspective of the Dwight saga from Kobe about Free Agency:

“You have to look at it from a business perspective as well as from your career’s point of view with what team you’ll have the most success with and win championships,” Bryant said. “It’s hard because a lot of times those two things don’t align. That’s where you have to make split decisions and wind up splitting hairs some of the time. But you have to put your business hat on too. I know it’s not a very popular thing for athletes to do at times. But you have to.”

So when you get to thinking about the two sides of it:

Championship Side:
Think about 2013, a Dwight Howard Lakers team, and a Dwight Howard Rockets team. Neither are favorites to contend, and I'll even go as far to say the Lakers would have a better shot strictly based off the razor thin team the Rockets would have.

Then you think about 2014-2017 season. Lakers have missed the playoffs 4 times in 53 seasons (since moving to LA). Rockets have 3 since the last time the Lakers have missed the playoffs the last time. Lakers looked in peril in mid-90s (boom Land Shaq), look in trouble in mid 00s (boom land Pau). Everyone expects Lakers to not make any moves 12 months ago (land Nash & Howard for nothing and become favorites to win).

He gets an unrestricted roster, in which he gets to be the center piece that is built around. It's his franchise. He's the man.

Do the Rockets have a significantly better chance of winning a title than the Lakers this upcoming year? Absolutely not.
Is it a significantly better chance that Rockets win in next 5 years and Lakers don't? Not really.

But because there is uncertainty in what the Lakers look like in 3 years, you give the edge to Houston. If it's 100% chance. 55-45 Rockets only because there is no idea of what the Lakers put together in 2014.

Business Side:
Overwhelmingly in the Lakers favor. Everyone you ask, even those that say he's leaving know Dwight loves Los Angeles. It is everything he is about, and offers everything he wants to be.

More money, more security, more off-court opportunity, more endorsements, and is the town for his personality.

The word legacy gets thrown around a lot. Dwight cares about his image and legacy. LA is where he repairs himself.

Don't even have to bother putting it in percentage form, it isn't even close. Even with the state tax angle that almost no athlete cares about.

Yeah, if that State tax element were so crucial, every pro athlete would be in Florida or Texas and avoid NYC or LA. IMO it's a minor variable relating to D12.

are we all gonna divide like when we got mike brown

team sign and trade dwight
team let dwight go and collect cap space
team tank for wiggins/jabari/randle/smart/harrison/gordon

and to the people saying you dont want lebron , i cant even comprehend

Will Lebron come with a Wade and Bosh type of caliber players? Would the Lakers be able to give surround him with 2 similar superstars?
Would the Lakers be able to add 8 players can can all knock down jump shots? 3 of them being deadly 3 point shooters?

Lebron can not win with a normal good team. He needs a super team. That is going to be hard to build with the new rules.

are we all gonna divide like when we got mike brown

team let dwight go and collect cap space
team tank for wiggins/jabari/randle/smart/harrison/gordon

and to the people saying you dont want lebron , i cant even comprehend
Will Lebron come with a Wade and Bosh type of caliber players? Would the Lakers be able to give surround him with 2 similar superstars?
Would the Lakers be able to add 8 players can can all knock down jump shots? 3 of them being deadly 3 point shooters?

Lebron can not win with a normal good team. He needs a super team. That is going to be hard to build with the new rules.
pau in '10 >>>> wade/bosh this year

lebron will do more with whatever supporting cast he is given than any other single player in the league today

lebron will do more with whatever supporting cast he is given than any other single player in the league today

Wade and Bosh play defense as well. You saw how Bosh defended Parker?

Your last argument is only true if Lebron has elite shooters around him. Surround him with players that brick shots like Artest or even Average shooters and the team will be out in the 2nd round every year.

real talk I just want us to WIN ......THERE WILL ALWAYS BE CHANGES WE DON'T LIKE.........BUT AS LONG AS WE WIN WE GOOD IMO
wink.gif

Wade and Bosh play defense as well. You saw how Bosh defended Parker?

Your last argument is only true if Lebron has elite shooters around him. Surround him with players that brick shots like Artest or even Average shooters and the team will be out in the 2nd round every year.
if you were building a team from scratch to win a title next season, what player would you pick over lebron to be the face of your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom