[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bosh told him self before the game, "It it wasn't for me in game 6, we wouldnt be here. I'm taking the night off"

Dude looked like he didn't care :lol:

I'll sum up the offseason this way... Without Dwight, Kobe will not win a 6th title. If you tell yourself different, you are lying to yourself. Just to save ourselves a lot of time in arguments over the situation.

If Dwight leaves, there's no point for an offseason (just bring the same players back), and don't bother playing the season either.

Last edited:
This has to motivate howard that not at first you win it takes time

Then again it might motivate howard to leave and tag team with paul somehow :rolleyes

Bron hit magic and jalen with the smooth dap, snapping his fingers after they slapped 5. Gave bill Simmons a sucker handshake :lol:

Last edited:
I'll sum up the offseason this way... Without Dwight, Kobe will not win a 6th title. If you tell yourself different, you are lying to yourself. Just to save ourselves a lot of time in arguments over the situation.

If Dwight leaves, there's no point for an offseason (just bring the same players back), and don't bother playing the season either.

sounding like jbone with that pessimism :lol:

Not pessimism... Truth

All I know is I know who I want next year on this team besides Nash, Kobe, Clark, Gasol, Howard, Meeks, Hill.. None of them are particularly popular choices.

Last edited:
ron is that dude
roll.gif

[h5]via facebook[/h5]
"Game 6 reminded me of the first time I broke my virginity!! Great!!!"

Crazy, I feel the exact opposite. 2009 was incredible, I'm not taking anything away from being able to snap the seven year break in between titles, but having our comeuppance against the Celtics can never be topped. Even in 2009 I felt like there was something missing, that we needed more than beating the Magic. 2010 gave that to us.

I liked both years for different reasons. In 2009 the lakers dominated every elite team in the regular season or playoffs. They just steamrolled the whole league. Except for the rockets :smh:. It was beautiful.

2010 was about revenge. Avenged the losses to the Suns and Celtics on the way to a ring. :smokin

I still can't forgive the front office for not upgrading every year when they could. They were content and stagnated. Trading or selling picks and wasting all those MLEs. :x :smh:

And Knight with his routine dumbfounding post about the Front Office not trying to improve this team.

If I didn't question your knowledge of basketball, I would think you make these posts to make me angry

Last edited:
And Knight with his routine dumbfounding post about the Front Office not trying to improve this team.

If I didn't question your knowledge of basketball, I would think you make these posts to make me angry

trading away draft picks or selling them is gonna improve the team? locking up role players to 4-5 year contracts improves teams?

bball knowledge?

ITS ONLY PRE SEASON FOLKS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT FOR I AM A BASKETBALL KNOWLEDGE AUTHORITY

I said the team was gonna suck the first time I saw them in pre season. I have to question your bball knowledge after that whole incident. The worst part is that you kept calling people like me out for being so reactionary. Don't think your preseason and early season posts will be forgotten. You better just stick to coming up with trade scenarios.

Hey guys, have any of you seen "OhMyGosher"? Can you tell him I need to speak with him.....thanks...
Oh and good luck on your off season. Hope you guys make some good moves this off season....get Dwight childish self out of there.

trading away draft picks or selling them is gonna improve the team? locking up role players to 4-5 year contracts improves teams?

bball knowledge?

ITS ONLY PRE SEASON FOLKS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT FOR I AM A BASKETBALL KNOWLEDGE AUTHORITY

I said the team was gonna suck the first time I saw them in pre season. I have to question your bball knowledge after that whole incident. The worst part is that you kept calling people like me out for being so reactionary. Don't think your preseason and early season posts will be forgotten. You better just stick to coming up with trade scenarios.

We went 17-25 in the first 42. 28-12 in the final 40. Not necessarily a trash team.

I will point you to an injury of Nash, Blake, Pau, Hill, and Dwight having injury problems in the first 40 games. Also the month of January was really the only bad month for the Lakers.

Month of January was our worst month in which we had injuries to Dwight, Pau & Jordan Hill in the span of 3 games.

Dwight recovery to the player he was took the amount of time he should have waited to play, Mike D'Antoni being the coach in November instead of August, Steve Nash and Blake going down at the same time, losing our 3rd best player (Pau) for 30 games, and losing our energy man off the bench for last 3-1/2 months is what the difference between a 45 win team (which we were) and 10-12 wins.

Also let's just look at our picks since 2005:
2005: Andrew Bynum (On December 6, 2004, the L.A. Lakers acquired New York's 2005 and Charlotte's 2009 second-round draft picks from Charlotte in exchange for Kareem Rush.) Selected Ronny Turiaf & Von Wafer.
2006: Jordan Farmar (They traded away their first, but got a first back from the Heat)
2007: Javaris Crittenton & Marc Gasol (2 other 2nds).. I don't have to tell you that Crittenton & Gasol got us Pau and 3 finals appearances.
2008: We had no 1st Round Pick. 1 2nd.. Grizzles selected Donte Green the 28th pick (he no longer plays in the league)
2009: We drafted Toney Douglass at the 29th pick. Drafted Patrick Beverley 42rd) 42nd pick was from Bobcats for Kareem Rush. Both picks were sent for 2nd round picks.
2010: Pick went to Grizzles in the Pau Gasol trade. Grevis Vasquez was the 28th pick.. We had 2- 2nd Round picks. Our own and the Grizzles
2011: Sasha & 1st for Joe Smith and 2-2nds. We had 4 2nd Round picks. Traded 1 of them. 27th pick was JaJuan Johnson
2012: We had 2 1sts. 1 acquired from Dallas for Lamar Odom and our own. Pick was traded traded for Ramon Sessions and Jordan Hill. Solid trades.
2013: 2 - 1sts. 1 traded for Sessions. 1 traded for Nash. We had 2 - 2nds 1 of them traded for Nash
2015: 1st traded for Nash. 2nd traded for Nash. Another 2nd traded for Nash.
2017: 1st traded to the Magic

Lakers could have kept all their picks... Toney Douglas, Javaris Crittenton, Grevis Vasquez, JaJuan Johnson. .

But since 2005 only 1 of pick trades has been bad. 2005 in which we traded the 1st with Rick Fox & Gary Payton for Chris Mihm. That pick was traded to Atlanta for Antoine Walker, Hawks traded it to the Suns for Joe Johnson, traded back to Celtics. Celtics pick Rondo.

Rajon Rondo wouldn't have played here. Nor would the system have worked for him. The player he is today is because of Doc Rivers' system. Had he been a Laker, he would not have developed the same way, and not even been remotely close to the player he is.

Look through the past 9 drafts, we draft pretty well, and we trade our picks correctly.

I'll remind you that this is the post I responded to where you said "I still can't forgive the front office for not upgrading every year when they could. They were content and stagnated. Trading or selling picks and wasting all those MLEs."

Last edited:
Essential, don't bother. He won't understand anything you say unless its anti LeBron. I don't think he even watches Laker games.

He really is like clockwork..

Mitch, Jerry & Jim NEVER tried to improve this team.. That comment alone is :lol:. Jim Buss is not his father. But I will take him over every owner in the NBA currently. Jim wants to win.

Then the you said don't worry it's pre-season post. Which still holds water. Us not being a top 4 seed has very little to do with the team's talent level, and more so to do with a quiet storm of inexplicable injuries all piling up.

Last edited:

Mitch, Jerry & Jim NEVER tried to improve this team.. That comment alone is :lol:. Jim Buss is not his father. But I will take him over every owner in the NBA currently. Jim wants to win.

Then the you said don't worry it's pre-season post. Which still holds water. Us not being a top 4 seed has very little to do with the team's talent level, and more so to do with a quiet storm of inexplicable injuries all piling up.

Jim chose Dantoni over a willing Phil Jackson... that's all i have to say about him as of now

and as far as drafting in the past 8 years we've hit with Bynum and every other pick has gone on to be out of the NBA.. We are FAR from drafting well. Luckily when you have superstars those things go unnoticed but quite frankly a majority of the smaller Roster changes have been terrible. The Huge moves just overshadow that.

Are we going to act like landing Pau wasnt Mitch Finals 2012 moment. I Vividly remember Nt'ers calling for his head and calling him a terrible GM before that Pau deal got done. ever since dudes have treated him like a god.

Last edited:
Same premise as always...

Nash = keep
Kobe = keep
Pau = keep
Dwight = keep (If we don't, forget everything)
Meeks = keep
Hill = keep
Clark = keep
---------------------
Morris = develop
Goudelock = develop
Sacre = develop
----------------------
MWP = wait
Blake = gone
Ebanks = gone
Duhon = gone
Jamison = gone

-Need a high quality backup PG.
-Need a 3 point shooting 3, who has defensive capability.
-Past few weeks, I would actually like to see another SG, which takes Kobe down to 32 minutes, and begins to have him split time at the 3. (Not necessary, but it gives us a lot of flexibility)

Essential, don't bother. He won't understand anything you say unless its anti LeBron. I don't think he even watches Laker games.

not surprising coming from the guy that always tells everyone to chill cause everything is gonna be good...every year since 11

how seasons is that now? 3? You are even worse than essential in that regard.

Essential,

I don't know why you bring up drafts before the championship years. I meant they were content with the team they had when they were winning rings and got complacent. I specifically mentioned 2009 and 2010 in my post.

giving up a first round pick and sasha for Joe Smith was a good trade?
selecting some scrub for the knicks was good?

Ramon Sessions is a bum. That was a waste of a pick. Although they did try with that one and got rid of Luke.

Kwame Brown's contract and the Grizzlies' stupidity was what netted Gasol.

Either way, look where the Lakers are right now. You can blame injuries for the regular season struggles but you have to also blame the front office for hiring terrible coaches.

Jim chose Dantoni over a willing Phil Jackson... that's all i have to say about him as of now

and as far as drafting in the past 8 years we've hit with Bynum and every other pick has gone on to be out of the NBA.. We are FAR from drafting well. Luckily when you have superstars those things go unnoticed but quite frankly a majority of the smaller Roster changes have been terrible. The Huge moves just overshadow that.

Are we going to act like landing Pau wasnt Mitch Finals 2012 moment. I Vividly remember Nt'ers calling for his head and calling him a terrible GM before that Pau deal got done. ever since dudes have treated him like a god.

Phil's willingness is questionable at best. Also thank Jerry for the D'Antoni choice. It was the last call Jerry made, and several ESPNLA people have reported that.

Drafting well, doesn't just mean making the right picks. It means knowing the correct value of your picks. (Bynum was also Jim's pick BTW).

As for Mitch that is correct, people did call for his head. For really no reason. 2005 & 2006 were rebuilding years. For any team, rebuilding gets you a top 5 pick. Worst we finished was 34 wins.

Last edited:
Dude, you ****** cry over a GOD DAMN PRESEASON GAME when we come in off 3 straight FINALS runs.

That's all you ****** do is cry. This sport ain't for you, period.

Ain't nobody on this planet want more wins/titles than I do. I'm FURIOUS it's been 3 years we haven't won a title, but the point is simple, we're not going to win every single year year after year after year, no matter what we demand.

For you to sit and ***** and moan and cry and whine IN THE GOD DAMN PRESEASON is absolutely stupid. It's beyond stupid. It's pathetic. It's almost as bad as you posting 900 times about LeBron in every thread you can find.

So yeah, I'm going to sit back and tell people to be cool, and relax, it'll work itself out, just like I did all thru 2010 as well. That was with Phil, same as 2011. The fact is, I don't do that anymore.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm the guy that was screaming from the mountaintops to fire Mike Brown before ANYBODY. I wasn't sitting around saying that "everything will be fine". But again, you don't follow the Lakers, you just follow LeBron, so of course you would forget that little fact.

Go buy yourself a ****** clue.

Dude, you ****** cry over a GOD DAMN PRESEASON GAME when we come in off 3 straight FINALS runs.

Ain't nobody on this planet want more wins/titles than I do. I'm FURIOUS it's been 3 years we haven't won a title, but the point is simple, we're not going to win every single year year after year after year, no matter what we demand.

For you to sit and ***** and moan and cry and whine IN THE GOD DAMN PRESEASON is absolutely stupid. It's beyond stupid. It's pathetic. It's almost as bad as you posting 900 times about LeBron in every thread you can find.

So yeah, I'm going to sit back and tell people to be cool, and relax, it'll work itself out, just like I did all thru 2010 as well. That was with Phil, same as 2011. The fact is, I don't do that anymore.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm the guy that was screaming from the mountaintops to fire Mike Brown before ANYBODY. I wasn't sitting around saying that "everything will be fine". But again, you don't follow the Lakers, you just follow LeBron, so of course you would forget that little fact.

tell them why you mad

so complaining about a team sucking is stupid yet saying that a team that sucks will be all right is not? :lol:

A lot of people hated the Mike Brown signing, not just you. It has been known that he is a bad coach since the Cavs days.

It is funny how you and essential get worked up when someone calls you out yet you dudes keep on trying to correct everyone with your superior bball knowledge.

I don't follow the lakers yet I was complaining about them since the pre season? I don't even start my lebron hate campaign until the Lakers are out.

Last edited:

chill bro, have a snickers. hes not worth your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom