[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No slander for Barnes.

He played well, but had bad luck with injuries both seasons in the playoffs (knee and ankle). I didn't like him much when he signed, but he won me over with his play. He was (sadly) the fourth best player during the lockout season after Kobe, Pau and Bynum.

Last edited:
A vet or min salary player or even a late first round draft pick would probably have the same impact as Blake and Barnes had with the Lakers. Miller would have had a better impact on the team than Blake and Barnes combined.

I just think that if you can you go after the better player you do it. In this case Blake over Miller. It does not guarantee anything but nothing has improved since 2010.

Miller played 41 games in 2010 5.6 points
2011 played 39 of 66 in 2011 6.1 points
2012 played 59 games 4.8 points

His impact for the Heat is drastically overrated..

Last edited:
Essential, you're falling for the same trap I feel for yesterday, block him dude. My pages look much cleaner and stupidity free now.

The guy hasn't made a single valid point yet. Not one.

Everything he says is Mitch sat and did nothing, Jim did nothing, nobody did nothing, when the ******g guys went out and got Chris Paul (Stern capped, not their fault) They got Dwight Howard, they got Steve Nash.

But they didn't get Mike ******g Miller, so they suck. :lol: :rofl:

He has no clue, and never will since all he wants to do is dispute the guys that actually follow the team day and night.

Ignore, homie. Save your keystrokes.

oh snap the Laker basketball authority putting his foot down

essential is a grown man and he can decide what he wants to do on his own

this dude keeps ordering people around like he some leader or something :smh:

also, essential does spit bball knowledge unlike you

are the Lakers going to be all right next year again? :rofl:

Regardless we do need an official sniper on this team no matter what, I'm talking about the type of guy people HATE to leave open.

I've been crying for outside shooting for a couple seasons now.

[quote name="knightngale"]oh snap the Laker basketball authority putting his foot down

essential is a grown man and he can decide what he wants to do on his own

this dude keeps ordering people around like he some leader or something :smh:

also, essential does spit bball knowledge unlike you

are the Lakers going to be all right next year again? :rofl:[/quote] what you see as ordering people around, I see as keeping the peace by reminding people of alternatives. :wink:

you don't like people making suggestions to put you on ignore? then change the way you post. You're okay with people making suggestions of ignoring you? cool, but don't call those people out when they do it. If you're cool with it, be cool with it.

I fully expect that if dwight demands for MDA to go to make way for phil as coach, he resigns and becomes LAL's savior.

He won't. He doesn't want that rap, even if he doesn't like D'Antoni.

All I want is Dwight to stay.. Keep most of the roster the way it is.. And I want 3 specific players..

He won't. He doesn't want that rap, even if he doesn't like D'Antoni.

All I want is Dwight to stay.. Keep most of the roster the way it is.. And I want 3 specific players..

please don't stay in LA :tongue:

i saw a report that the rockets were offered a 1st round pick for thomas robinson. no money back, plus the other moves they make and all of a sudden there's enough room for him in houston :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

^ He may go to Houston. It's either Lakers or Houston.. But the decision to go to Houston is a baffling one because it wouldn't be based on any sort of gain basketball or business-wise.. Bu if that's what he wants to do, that's what he does.

Last edited:
^ He may go to Houston. It's either Lakers or Houston.. But the decision to go to Houston is a baffling one because it wouldn't be based on any sort of gain basketball or business-wise.. Bu if that's what he wants to do, that's what he does.

baffling because of the extra money he'd be leaving behind? or some other reason?

baffling because of the extra money he'd be leaving behind? or some other reason?

Houston doesn't have a better shot at a title with Dwight than the Lakers do with Dwight next year. 2014 would be a roster entirely built around him of his choosing. Players kill for that power, and the Lakers have said that he would be involved.

Business-wise isn't just about the money he'd leave behind on that.. Everything he wants to be on/off the court, is offered in LA.

Last edited:
i'm not sure i agree. we already have a dominant outside scorer, dwight would be our dominant inside presence, parsons growing into a pretty good player himself. add a couple pieces and you're close to a title contender.

staying in LA is a gamble. it's easy to say they'll chase and sign FAs in 2014, but that's wasting next season and no guarantee in 2014 vs pieces already in place in houston.

obviously i'm biased here so i'm probably looking for reasons for it to work, but they don't seem completely implausible

please don't stay in LA :tongue:

i saw a report that the rockets were offered a 1st round pick for thomas robinson. no money back, plus the other moves they make and all of a sudden there's enough room for him in houston :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Yea put that pipe down.

The Houston Rockets have been offered a first-round pick in exchange for forward Thomas Robinson and could pull the trigger to free up cap space, Marc Stein of ESPN.com reports. Such a deal could help facilitate Houston's effort to sign free agent big man Dwight Howard.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/22/4455536/rockets-thomas-robinson-trade-rumors-nba

assuming they can pull off a trade, they can shed about 15 million in cap space or so

Last edited:
I don't care what anyone says, I would take a healthy/sane Bynum over Dwight 10 times out of 10. Was never a big fan of us getting him. Would have rather that C.P. deal have gone though and us going after Hibbert last Summer.

With that being said, now that we have Howard, I'd rather he stay...

*sigh* I'm guessing some of here will never admit to Dwight being far and away the best center in the NBA when he's injury-free.

*sigh* I'm guessing some of here will never admit to Dwight being far and away the best center in the NBA when he's injury-free.

They let their personal feelings cloud any rational basketball thought.

And if Dwight does leave, it's probably the persistent whining and complaining about Dwight Howard the person clogging the rational thoughts of Dwight Howard the basketball player that drives him away.

If my time and mood wasn't so intertwined with the Lakers, I would hope he leaves so when we become awful I can rub it in people's face. But that would be petty.

Last edited:

Why can't it be just people having different opinions? I feel a healthy/sane Bynum would have been the best center in the league too if he was the center point of a team. Better offense, better free throw %, and decent defense. Too bad his head wasn't in it. Hell even Shaq said he thought Bynum was better. Nothing wrong with having different opinions...

Taking Shaq's opinion on anything Dwight doesn't mean anything.

Shaq would probably criticize how Dwight eats breakfast

Last edited:
Different opinions are fine, but let's not pretend that these different opinions that place Bynum ahead of Dwight are coming from a place of logic. Much of it is comprised of contempt for Dwight's persona and (by his standards) a mediocre, injury-riddled season, and the nostalgia for Bynum, which exists only because when Bynum became a major part of the team, we were the best in the NBA. Let's not forget how frustrating it was to watch him get hurt and miss a ton of games (and let's also not forget that Dwight, apart from this past season, has been the model of health).

Look, I get it. I remember how exciting it was having Bynum and watching him develop with us, it felt like the transition from Shaq to Bynum was only natural. But Bynum's potential is tapped out by the injuries he suffered and his mercurial nature (which, in my opinion, makes him more annoying to deal with than Dwight's persona). And the reality is that we upgraded, and we should hope to remain upgraded at the center position by having Dwight stay.

Last edited:
I'm hearing a lot of woulda, shoulda, coulda's in here.... Point is that Bynum is not sane nor healthy and healthy D12 is the best C
In the league and it's not even close.

Now I've stated over and over that I think D12 doesn't possess any of the tools of a champion and I don't think he could ever lead a team
to a chip or have a franchise centered around him ....there is just too many things he lacks mentally and emotionally but physically
and talent wise he is unmatched

It's like I no if D12 doesn't come back we are going to be in a very rough place in the near future but I almost don't care because character
is a big issue for me and I straight up don't like him being associated with the Laker name. I take pride in it ...ionno I hope one day
D12 wakes up a realizes how much of a whining douche he is and grows up ...imagine D12 with an attitude like Noah

I'm hearing a lot of woulda, shoulda, coulda's in here.... Point is that Bynum is not sane nor healthy and healthy D12 is the best C
In the league and it's not even close.

Now I've stated over and over that I think D12 doesn't possess any of the tools of a champion and I don't think he could ever lead a team
to a chip or have a franchise centered around him ....there is just too many things he lacks mentally and emotionally but physically
and talent wise he is unmatched

It's like I no if D12 doesn't come back we are going to be in a very rough place in the near future but I almost don't care because character
is a big issue for me and I straight up don't like him being associated with the Laker name. I take pride in it ...ionno I hope one day
D12 wakes up a realizes how much of a whining douche he is and grows up ...imagine D12 with an attitude like Noah

I agree 100% with what you said. Like I said, I wasn't a fan of him coming to the Lakers prior to his arrival cause no one knew Bynum was gonna be out a whole year back then. Point I'm making is saying Dwight is the best center in the league while healthy isn't saying much cause of his character flaws and nonchalant demeanor. Your description of him is dead on. Now that we do have him though, I'm just hoping he works hard in the gym this Summer, work on his post moves and free throws, don't drag this free agency crap out, and commit to being a Laker for the long run so we can focus on filling some much needed holes other places on the team! A man can dream though...

Dwight is for sure the best C in the league and a superstar, but his demeanor and attitude are turning me off to him. That said, for the lakers he's pretty much the best option going forward. I pray he develops a post game this year.

Patiently waiting for a lebron-esq FA special called "The Choice"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom