* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I mean yeah he's turning down 15 mil for next year. But how much would he commanded if he stunk it up again this year?

Get on the free market with one bad year in a system that suits him more
He's not getting more than mid-level money this summer. Too many guys in front of him in the pecking order.
He must really have hated it there.
Shawn-Marion-10.16a.jpg

Consider Shawn Marion got about $40 million last summer.
Marion got $39 million. You don't think RJ could have gotten 4 years, 24 million in 2011?
That's around mid-level money next offseason when you factor in the annual increase in mid-level exceptions. He isn't getting more than that this offseason.
That's the thing though. There might not even be a MLE in the new CBA.
laugh.gif

A lockout seems to be looming in 2011-2012 and then 2012-2013 the salaries will all be lowered and he'l be 32.

any word on amare?... i still wouldnt mind having him on the team because he is willing to play center, and he is not asking for a sign and trade like bosh is from the heat....
chalmers
wade

beasley
amare

My Opinion (Went through the list of 2010 Free Agents and picked who I thought somewhat mattered):

Knicks - Joe Johnson & Jermaine O'Neal & David Lee & Eddie House
Nets- Amare & Josh Howard
Bulls- Rudy Gay
Cavs- Lebron & Ray Allen & Shaq
Clippers- Carlos Boozer & TMac
Celtics - Paul Pierce, Nate Robinson & Tony Allen
Mavs - Dirk
Heat- DWade & Bosh
Lakers- Fish & Shannon Brown & Farmar
Spurs- John Salmons
76ers - Duhon
Thunder- J.J. Reddick
Suns - Frye

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Doc is staying on board.
pimp.gif

doc is a loser. family comes before anything

Youre judging a man for his decision to coach?

Pretty lame.

no that aint judging its the $$%%@!% truth. how you gonna say you wanna take timeoff to see your kids play and spend time with your family and then change your mind and choose to coach again. the game will always be there for you to come back and coach. time for you to be a father doc! a father to your own kids and not grown men in green uniforms.... 

Aw, youve got daddy issues.  
frown.gif

YaoMing

@ChrisBosh, Hey Chris, hopefully you'll play with us (Rockets) next season. I'll be healthy and I'd really look forward to playing together 7 minutes ago via web

My man Yao about to get fined for tampering
laugh.gif

The Heat will meet with Amar'e Stoudemire in Los Angeles right after midnight EST.

The Rockets and Cavaliers are also expected to reach out to Amar'e.

Originally Posted by h3at23

WojYahooNBA

Dwyane Wade told two associates in past 24 hours that his focus is on recruiting a big man (Bosh, Amar'e, Boozer) to Miami now, not LeBron.
not focusing on lebron because lebron is already on the boat? 
nerd.gif

Shaw withdraws from Cavs’ search

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 50 minutes ago

* Email
* Print

Brian Shaw withdrew from consideration for the Cleveland Cavaliers’ coaching job on Wednesday, clearing the way for the Cavs to pursue a deal with Byron Scott.

Shaw said he never received a formal offer from the Cavs, but didn’t feel comfortable with the team’s Thursday deadline to make a hire.

“I know they have a timeline to hire a coach and I wasn’t able to meet that timeline,

i dont blame Wade, if Lebron wants to come then come if not then screw yourself. Wades got better things to do then try to convince Lebron 24/7.

Did Yao Ming just tamper?

YaoMing

@ChrisBosh, Hey Chris, hopefully you'll play with us (Rockets) next season. I'll be healthy and I'd really look forward to playing together

Wade needs a good big more than he needs Lebron. Miami would be best served adding Bosh, and using the remaining cash to fill out roster with solid role players.

Back
Top Bottom