* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by h3at23

Man NT is acting up. Sorry to do this but it's a BIG day. If you dont know already, we're all @ the site we dont speak of

Heat I'm out of the loop, can you pm a brotha the site you shall not speak of
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Lebron come to the Knicks plz! Lebron is the only free agent in the market that can change the knicks around ...

Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey met with Chris Bosh on Thursday morning according to a tweet by Morey.

"Just finished meeting with @chrisbosh - great player & person. He is about winning so I focused on how w/Houston he can win a championship."

The Rockets have been targeting Bosh for months. Their pitch to Bosh is pretty straightforward. They believe he is a perfect fit with the existing talent they have on their roster and they can offer Bosh a return home to Texas.

The Rockets will also stress that if Bosh joins the Rockets, they're likely a 60 win team. If he forms a trinity with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in Miami, the Rockets believe the team won't have enough supporting talent to support a championship team. The Rockets believe such a pairing would produce a 45 win team.

To land Bosh, the Rockets would have to work a sign-and-trade with the Raptors. The team could offer a players like Jordan Hill, Aaron Brooks and the expiring contracts of Jared Jeffries and David Anderson for Bosh

dmorey

Just finished meeting with @chrisbosh - great player & person. He is about winning so I focused on how w/Houston he can win a championship.

pimp.gif

Per: Rockets beat writer Feigen

Morey has met with Bosh. Rockets have the framework of a S&T. So does Chi & Miami

Hou still longshots though

chrisbosh

It's been an exciting first couple of hrs. Got some interesting visits and presentations from Houston, Toronto, Chicago and Miami. We'll see who else will come out tomorrow.

Dude is publicly put on the trading block, and then requests a trade?
laugh.gif

Hoopsworld is not credible at all, by the way.

Jefferson + Brewer + Wes Johnson for Melo S&T
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Dude is publicly put on the trading block, and then requests a trade?
laugh.gif

Hoopsworld is not credible at all, by the way.

Jefferson + Brewer + Wes Johnson for Melo S&T
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
would they want joe johnson in a sign and trade?

hawks please don't sign jj to a max contract....
tired.gif

Is it normal that so many free agents are contacted at 12:01am July 1st in the nba? I don't recall so much early activity like this in previous years.
P.s. Lebron come to NY please. Every Lebron shoe in a knicks/mets colorway for the next 6 years would be amazing.
wink.gif

Wizards just PLEASE make a move on somebody good. I'd love Rudy Gay or a trade for Andre Iguodala here in DC, and if Melo is really on the trading block...... Gilbert for Melo
laugh.gif

Leonsis get it done!!!!

My predictions:
Lebron and Bosh to Chicago
Amare and Wade to Miami
Dirk in Dallas
Pierce in Boston
Joe Johnson to NY
David Lee to NY
Boozer to NJ
Gay to the Wizards
happy.gif

Shaq to the Celtics
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

anyone have the link for the chris broussard insider about chris paul going to blazers?

laugh.gif
 Trust me, it's nothign to get over excited about on either side of the trade...

ESPN Insider is breaking down what every team in the league could -- and should -- do during the most anticipated offseason in NBA history. Ric Bucher and Chris Broussard have separated the league into six groups based on everything from cap room to organizational philosophy. We conclude with vested teams -- the Celtics, Nuggets, Magic and Blazers. Follow the whole series here.
[h3]Boston Celtics[/h3]

bos.gif

Objective: Reload, not rebuild, for another run at a ring.

Assets: None; unless they renounce players (an unlikely scenario), which would create some cap room.

The plan: Boston wants to re-sign free agents Paul Pierce and Ray Allen, as well as adding a couple of big men and a scorer off the bench. With only four roster spots filled, the Celtics have plenty of pieces to add. If they renounce most of their free agents, they could be roughly $13 million beneath the cap. But the Celtics want to keep their core intact, especially if Doc Rivers returns for one more run.

Alternative advice: Kevin Garnett played his best ball during the playoffs, so let's assume he'll be better during next year's regular season than he was during this year's. That being the case, go for it again. Re-sign Pierce, Tony Allen and Nate Robinson. As much as it might hurt, you probably have to use Ray Allen as trade bait, so let's try to send Allen and Marquis Daniels to Portland in a sign-and-trade deal for Joel Przybilla and Rudy Fernandez.

[h3]Denver Nuggets[/h3]

den.gif

Objective: Sign Carmelo Anthony to a multiyear contract extension and add another big man.

Assets: Three trade exceptions: two worth less than a million dollars each that expire Aug. 2, and one worth $3.7 million that expires Aug. 9. Biannual exception (worth $1.9 million).

The plan: The Nuggets hope to avoid the potentially nightmarish free-agent scenario Cleveland has found itself in this summer by locking up Anthony with a three-year, $65 million extension. There's a good chance he'll sign it, because it's common knowledge that the league's next collective bargaining agreement (to begin after next season) will be far less favorable for the players than the current one, so it would behoove Anthony to get his money now.

Beyond that, Denver wants to add a big man to contend with the Los Angeles Lakers' front line of Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. The injury-riddled Kenyon Martin, in the final year of a deal that pays him $16.5 million next season, could be used as trade bait. With nothing but exceptions available, chances of getting a guy like Brendan Haywood in free agency are slim.

Alternative advice: You're not going to get much for Martin right now because of his history of injuries, so unless a deal blows you away, just keep him. Try to woo Jermaine O'Neal with the mid-level exception to bolster your front line. If the team's not clicking by the February trade deadline, look to move Martin, who will have value because of his expiring contract.

[h3]Orlando Magic[/h3]

orl.gif

Objective: None

Assets: A $6.8 million trade exception that expires July 9.

The plan: The Magic will not stand pat. They've already been mentioned in trade rumors regarding Gilbert Arenas and Chris Paul, so no one is safe other than Dwight Howard. There's no particular position of need, just the fact that better players are needed at various spots.

Alternative advice: Vince Carter showed during the playoffs that he's not going to be able to carry you in the postseason, so shop him hard, as well as Jameer Nelson. Rashard Lewis will be hard to move because of his severely overpriced contract, but you can give it the old college try. Let's offer Carter to New Orleans for Paul, hoping that Carter being in the last year of his deal ($17.3 million next year, team option for 2011-12) will persuade the Hornets to act. Then let's try to move Nelson to Memphis, which is looking to upgrade at point guard, for O.J. Mayo.

[h3]Portland Trail Blazers[/h3]

por.gif

Objective: See if Greg Oden can stay healthy and use the mid-level exception to bolster the backcourt.

Assets: None.

The plan: While the window isn't closing, the Blazers realize that teams younger than they (i.e., Oklahoma City) are coming on strong, so they want to be aggressive in bettering their roster. They are high on rookie small forward Luke Babbitt, whose outside shooting ability should help the Blazers space the floor. As for the backcourt, they could wind up with a backup or use the expiring contracts of Andre Miller and Joel Przybilla to trade for a starting point guard.

Alternative advice: With Marcus Camby aboard, Przybilla has become expendable, especially if Oden can ever get back on the floor. So let's package the contracts of Przybilla and Miller and make a run at Chris Paul. Miller would help second-year PG Darren Collison develop in New Orleans and Przybilla would be nice playing behind Emeka Okafor. Better yet, they'll give the Hornets financial relief after next season.

If that doesn't work, how about sending the duo to Boston for Paul Pierce? If Doc Rivers doesn't return as head coach and Ray Allen goes elsewhere, the Celtics might have to begin rebuilding. The future cap relief of the Portland duo might be attractive to Boston, which is also looking for a big man like Przybilla with Kendrick Perkins on the mend.

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine. 

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Wizards just PLEASE make a move on somebody good. I'd love Rudy Gay or a trade for Andre Iguodala here in DC, 

No.
The Wizards need to build their team the same way that OKC did. Through the draft and fill in veteran role players as needed.

No need to swing for the fences for a heavy hitter. The franchise cornerstones are already on the team. (Wall + Blatche)

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Wizards just PLEASE make a move on somebody good. I'd love Rudy Gay or a trade for Andre Iguodala here in DC, 

No.
The Wizards need to build their team the same way that OKC did. Through the draft and fill in veteran role players as needed.

No need to swing for the fences for a heavy hitter. The franchise cornerstones are already on the team. (Wall + Blatche)
I just wanna unload Gilbert's ridiculous contract ASAP

I don't think a team would be dumb enough to actually give us a franchise player for Gilbert Arenas. It's going to be a VC, Eddy Curry, etc. type of deal. Which I'm fine with. I just don't want to take back a contract that's just as bad as Gil's.

Originally Posted by Pasadena TX

The Rockets will also stress that if Bosh joins the Rockets, they're likely a 60 win team. If he forms a trinity with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in Miami, the Rockets believe the team won't have enough supporting talent to support a championship team. The Rockets believe such a pairing would produce a 45 win team.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I am not a fan of trading Curry's contract this offseason especially if it's to get back Gilbert's contract in return.

Alright let's start off with a bang!!! Here is the big news thus far.

The Bucks have signed Drew Gooden for 5 yrs/$32 Million. Not sure if it's the MLE being used, but it looks like it is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-goodenbucks070110

Drew Gooden(notes) has reached agreement on a five-year, $32 million contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Gooden has played for eight teams in eight seasons, and hopes to find some stability with the fast-rising Bucks.

Bucks general manager John Hammond and agent Dan Fegan struck quickly on Thursday and cut a deal to help solidify Milwaukee’s frontline. Gooden will join a core of Andrew Bogut(notes) and Brandon Jennings(notes) that has added Corey Maggette(notes) and Chris Douglas-Roberts(notes) in the offseason. The Bucks are still negotiating with free agent John Salmons(notes) to return.

Yes, I am confused as you are. There goes John Salmons.

Im sure after the dust settles, orlando will make a huge splash via trade. Orlando is a solid team as it is, hell its safe to say they are still considered contenders, but if lets say miami, chicago, new jersey, and even knicks bolster their rosters then orlando will have no choice but to also get better. They can not be left too far behind this summer. I just hope we don't trade gortat nor bassy cuz they are still too valuable for this team in order to contend with teams that have length and strength.

Back
Top Bottom