* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

How bout Dwight work on his post game rather than ask for frontcourt help? Thats why Orlando paid him like they did!

Drew Gooden can play when given the minutes, not a good defensive player but he can score thats for sure. I dont think hes worth the $32 mill but ehh

i know i'm in the minority, but i dont think the gooden signing is a bad deal for milwaukee....gooden is an upgrade over kurt thomas, and he avg 15 and 9 for the clippers last season. when he started for dallas he put up good numbers too...6M is around the average salary in the NBA, so getting a possible double/ double guy for 6M is a steal.

Ask Lebron, he hasnt been to finals since Gooden left
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Maggs, CDR, Redd and possibly Salmons all in one team
laugh.gif

That ball ain't movin wit that team.

JPZ, what are your thoughts on Darko?? IMO if he's starting this year he's gonna play well. Dude was never that bad to me.

I'd trade thabeet for him
laugh.gif

All we heard about was Lebron, Wade & BoshDamn but there are alot of dudes that are going to be cashing in this summer.

Darko is a dude who's mindset can change in an instant and gets discouraged and lazy up and down the court as soon as something doesn't go his way. He's going to hinder Love. Guarantee it. I hope he gets out of there as soon as possible. If you'd rather have Darko than Thabeet you're crazy. At least Thabeet will give you the effort night in and night out. And he'll get better over time. Darko is not going to get any better at any aspect of the game.

[h1]Sources: Wolves, Milicic agree to deal[/h1]

By Chad Ford
ESPN.com

The Minnesota Timberwolves have made a verbal agreement with free agent Darko Milicic on a four year, $20 million deal sources close to the process told ESPN.com's Chad Ford. Free agents can't formally sign contracts until July 8.

The fourth year of the contract is only partially guaranteed, sources said.

The deal for Milicic is extraordinary considering that in February he wasn't playing and said he was giving up on the NBA and returning to Europe.

2171.jpg

Milicic

Timberwolves general manager David Kahn and head coach Kurt Rambis decided to take a chance on Milicic and traded for him at the trade deadline. Within a week Milicic was in the starting lineup and averaged 11 points and 5 rebounds in March and April. Milicic just turned 25 years old in June and the team believes his best days are still ahead of him.

The deal is the second for the Wolves in the first 24 hours of free agency. Earlier this morning the team agreed to a four year, $13 million deal with their 2008 second round-pick, Nikola Pekovic.

With the two moves, the Wolves just spent $33 million to shore up their middle.

The Milicic and Pekovic deals severely cut into the Wolves' cap room this summer. Starting July 1 with $13 million under the cap, Minnesota now has a little under $5 million left to use on remaining free agents.

The Wolves are hosting free agents Rudy Gay and David Lee in the coming days. However, the only way they'll be able to sign either is through a sign-and-trade. Sources say the Wolves will use forward Al Jefferson as the trade bait to both the Grizzlies and Knicks.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

ALL I want for my birthday today is LeBron to the Nets. Thats it. It would make my miserable life that much better.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Utah Jazz: Magic may make move for Carlos Boozer

The Magic appear to be a legitimate contender to land free agent Carlos Boozer.

The Deseret News reports that Orlando could work a sign-and-trade with Utah in order to acquire the power forward.

CBS Sports reported late Wednesday that Boozer is on All-Star center Dwight Howard's "short list" of preferred offseason acquisitions.

Orlando is over the NBA's salary cap, making a sign-and-trade the only avenue in which they could land Boozer
Gortat + Pietrus + Bass for Boozer?

I really hope otis doesn't break up the team just to bring in 1 player. All 3 of those players are key to our success in staying in contention. Only players i'd be cool if moved are VC, jameer, and rashard (highly unlikely
ohwell.gif
)

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Darko is still young, in a year or two this contract is gonna be a steal for the Wolves....watch.
What have you seen from him in the past 7-8 years that leads you to believe he'll be a steal? 

You know how in the Biggie movie when BIG was rapping in the basement, and dude was like "I know muthafucahs that know muthafucahs" well, that's me

Back
Top Bottom