* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

[h1]Free-agent buzz: Johnson gets max offer[/h1]
By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! 

The Atlanta Hawks offered Joe Johnson a six-year, $119 million contract Thursday morning, and sources close to the All-Star guard expect him to accept the max deal soon.

The Hawks moved quickly at midnight ET to try to secure their franchise star and offered the contract that Johnson’s agent Arn Tellem sought from the organization. Sources say ownership OK’d the max offer and general manager Rick Sund delivered it in Los Angeles.

After receiving the Hawks’ offer, Johnson met with a contingent from the New York Knicks that included coach Mike D’Antoni, Johnson’s former coach with the Phoenix Suns. Knicks GM Donnie Walsh didn’t attend.

The Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks were pushing for meetings with Johnson on Thursday afternoon in Los Angeles where they could discuss possible sign-and-trade scenarios. The Chicago Bulls also have interest in Johnson.

I haven't read much behind Paul Pierce's thinking in opting out. Is it more likely that he's looking for financial security from the Celtics or is he actually thinking about leaving?

He would be dangerous in Dallas or on the Clippers.

By the way the bucks are making some nice moves thus far this off season. If bogut is 100% healthy come training camp then they are a team to look out for in the east.

I think Pierce just wants to get paid. He's getting older so he's got 1 good contract left in him (big money wise). Can't blame him for wanting to take advantage of it. I would think he wants to still stay with Boston, especially since Doc is back & wants one more shot at this current squad... They were only 1 game away from getting a ring this season.

To someone who asked about the Cavs upgrading their roster if LeBron resigns, I personally don't see it. They'd have little to no cap room and no one really likes any of their players enough for a S&T.

Can't quote SMH.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

By the way the bucks are making some nice moves thus far this off season. If bogut is 100% healthy come training camp then they are a team to look out for in the east.

Giving 32 million to the ultimate journeyman is a nice move to you?

Drew Gooden WON!
smh.gif

drew gooden is a good player given the amount of playtime, he did well as a starter for the clippers but i dont see much offense running around him with jennings, bogut and maggette on the team. 32 mil is reaching...

laugh.gif
eek.gif
What the @%** are the Bucks dooooooing?! Drew Gooden ain't worth no god damn 5 year deal... Especially not at that cash. WOW.

laugh.gif

Bucks fans...enjoy Brandon Jennings now. Cause he'll be gone as soon as his rookie deal is up. Wow....

Bogut
Gooden
Magette
Redd
Jennings

roll.gif
roll.gif

I know yall might
laugh.gif
But I have on inside info that LeBron is staying with the Cavs and it will be announced on the 3rd at the earliest 5th at the latest. Bron likes the signing of Scott and his camp told Gilbert on Wednesday. The Cavs are also trying to get Stat or Gay

Jefferson staying in S.A.?

Richard Jefferson’s decision to opt out of the final $15 million season of his contract might not be a sign he’s willing to leave the San Antonio Spurs.

Sources said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has been personally working out Jefferson in San Antonio. The free-agent forward could re-sign with the team at a number that lowers the franchise’s luxury-tax hit while guaranteeing him more money on the back end of a multiyear contract.

– Adrian Wojnarowski, June 30, 10:30 ET

sounds good to me
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

Bucks fans...enjoy Brandon Jennings now. Cause he'll be gone as soon as his rookie deal is up. Wow....

Bogut
Gooden
Magette
Redd
Jennings

roll.gif
roll.gif
Management is trying to drive Skiles out of his mind. Maggette, CDR and now Gooden.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

I know yall might
laugh.gif
 But I have on inside info that LeBron is staying with the Cavs and it will be announced on the 3rd at the earliest 5th at the latest. Bron likes the signing of Scott and his camp told Gilbert on Wednesday. The Cavs are also trying to get Stat or Gay

Power%20Moves.gif

You have as about much inside info as I do...NONE

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Did i specifically mention gooden??? how bout magette, CDR, and the possibility of bringing salmons back. Yea gooden isnt worth 32 mil, but its safe to say that each team he has played for he has contributed very nicely and whats wrong with being a journeyman?? barnes was also a journeyman and everyone praises his gritty toughness and defensive skills. Some players have to go thru numerous teams in order to find their niche.

So, as it stands, the Bucks have 4-5 power forwards, and they just paid thethird best one (and probably the second or third player off the bench) $32million.

Utah Jazz: Magic may make move for Carlos Boozer

The Magic appear to be a legitimate contender to land free agent Carlos Boozer.

The Deseret News reports that Orlando could work a sign-and-trade with Utah in order to acquire the power forward.

CBS Sports reported late Wednesday that Boozer is on All-Star center Dwight Howard's "short list" of preferred offseason acquisitions.

Orlando is over the NBA's salary cap, making a sign-and-trade the only avenue in which they could land Boozer
Gortat + Pietrus + Bass for Boozer?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Did i specifically mention gooden??? how bout magette, CDR, and the possibility of bringing salmons back. Yea gooden isnt worth 32 mil, but its safe to say that each team he has played for he has contributed very nicely and whats wrong with being a journeyman?? barnes was also a journeyman and everyone praises his gritty toughness and defensive skills. Some players have to go thru numerous teams in order to find their niche.
Matt Barnes was also making 1 million per season...no way you can justify that 32 mil by bringing up Matt Barnes' name...

I don't see how any of these moves made the Bucks any better.  Seems like they are taking steps backwards. 

Back
Top Bottom