* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

how much cap room will the Spurs have then? exactly what RJ left on the table? i dont know the cap situation stuff.

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I mean yeah he's turning down 15 mil for next year. But how much would he commanded if he stunk it up again this year?

Get on the free market with one bad year in a system that suits him more
He's not getting more than mid-level money this summer. Too many guys in front of him in the pecking order.
He must really have hated it there.
Shawn-Marion-10.16a.jpg

Consider Shawn Marion got about $40 million last summer.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I don't blame RJ for opting out... SA was never the right fit for him. He can find a better role / shot at winning somewhere else. This guy is one of the most competitive players I've ever seen... So getting a ring & having a part in getting that ring Im sure is on his mind.
Yeah he looked real competitive this year.

I NaSmatic I wrote:
However he'll still get money from someone. Probably the Clippers if they strike out on LeBron, Johnson and Gay.

He had money in San Antonio though. 15.2 mil...

So not only would he have had money, but the Spurs obviously have a better chance at doing something next year than the Clippers.

He left because he's seeking out a contender. The Clippers don't fit the bill.

I still dont understand why RJ opted out.

He's not going to sniff anything close to what hes making next year in 3 years combined. Oh well, what do i know.

Suck for RJ but this is very very good news for Mike Miller. Opened up a starting SF spot for him. Spurs better sign him and offer him as much as they can to get this guy. He is more than perfect for their team.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I NaSmatic I wrote:
However he'll still get money from someone. Probably the Clippers if they strike out on LeBron, Johnson and Gay.
He had money in San Antonio though. 15.2 mil...

So not only would he have had money, but the Spurs obviously have a better chance at doing something next year than the Clippers.

He left because he's seeking out a contender. The Clippers don't fit the bill.

He must feel that with the new CBA looming and potential lock out, he would make more money long-term than getting his $15M this upcoming season. Again, Shawn Marion got paid nearly $40M last summer. You're telling me in a market like this, he can't get at least $30-35M?

And let's be real, he probably hated getting stared down and barked at by Pop all season.
laugh.gif

I heard Jefferson sent a BlackBerry conference message to LeBron, Wade and Bosh telling them he was opting out and wanting to join the party, and none of them responded.

Mike Miller is a free agent? Hell, give me him.

I don't know how that would work after D. West clubbed him last season, though.
laugh.gif

raptors want a couple picks, mario chalmers, and beasley for a sign and trade for bosh...

I think it's safe to say they'll have no problem doing that. They already got rid of everybody not named Chalmers and Beasley, and they clearly seem to have no hope or respect for the latter.

Originally Posted by JPZx

He left because he's seeking out a contender.

so then stay with the spurs, if he is trying to jump on the bandwagon with one of the superstars then fine but he will not get the $$$$$$$$$

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I heard Jefferson sent a BlackBerry conference message to LeBron, Wade and Bosh telling them he was opting out and wanting to join the party, and none of them responded.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Doc is staying on board.
pimp.gif

doc is a loser. family comes before anything

Youre judging a man for his decision to coach?

Pretty lame.

no that aint judging its the $$%%@!% truth. how you gonna say you wanna take timeoff to see your kids play and spend time with your family and then change your mind and choose to coach again. the game will always be there for you to come back and coach. time for you to be a father doc! a father to your own kids and not grown men in green uniforms.... 

roll.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I mean yeah he's turning down 15 mil for next year. But how much would he commanded if he stunk it up again this year?

Get on the free market with one bad year in a system that suits him more
He's not getting more than mid-level money this summer. Too many guys in front of him in the pecking order.
He must really have hated it there.
Shawn-Marion-10.16a.jpg

Consider Shawn Marion got about $40 million last summer.
Marion got $39 million. You don't think RJ could have gotten 4 years, 24 million in 2011?
That's around mid-level money next offseason when you factor in the annual increase in mid-level exceptions. He isn't getting more than that this offseason.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

raptors want a couple picks, mario chalmers, and beasley for a sign and trade for bosh...

You pull that trigger so quick if you're the Heat.

laugh.gif
lmao
roll.gif
roll.gif

Looks like ESPNot got it wrong AGAIN
smh.gif

Byron Scott's agent says ESPN is wrong about negotiations W/Cavs

eek.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
!!!!

RJ
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Now the Spurs don't have a SF and still don't have money to sign anyone good.
indifferent.gif

RJ was a bad fit for the Spurs but NOW who is going to be the Spurs starting SF?
sick.gif

Now we see were the Spurs go from here
frown.gif

Unless there is some good in this....help me out NT
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom