* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

What'daya have to give up to get Melo?
Okafor, expirings (Stojakovic, Songaila, Wright), either of our draft picks, future draft picks, Collison if they'd prefer him over Lawson... All of the above? I don't care.

Okafor, over $7 million in expirings (Songaila and Wright) and two future first-round picks for Anthony?

Okafor, Stojakovic ($15 million expiring), Collison (or Pondexter if they don't want to deal with bringing in Collison and moving Lawson) and two future first-round picks for Anthony and whomever else it would take? Edit: Andersen, Afflalo and Balkman?

Probable, no?

I'm starting to feel really really uneasy about this FA signing period
ohwell.gif

They can't give all 3 maxes. How will they even get 9 more players.

I like Doc coming back, but I hope we don't re-sign Pierce and Allen for a lot just to make one more run. I think were too old already, and I'd be surprised if everyone made it through the year healthy again. We just don't have much to move for S&T, but I just hope we don't spend to keep up with everyone else.

As a Bird-rights free agent, Johnson is eligible to receive from the Hawks a six-year contract starting at about $15.8 million with maximum raises of 10.5 percent in each year (the raises are based on the first-year salary and don’t compound). Keeping in mind that the numbers are not finalized, the year-by-year breakdown of the contract would look something like this: $15.8 million in 2010-11, $17.5 million in 2011-12, $19.4 million in 2012-13, $20.8 million in 2013-14, $22.4 million in 2014-15 and $24.1 million 2015-16. Joe would be 34-years old during the final season of the deal.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Anyone else look at their calendar today and say "Damn...it's June 30 2010!". We've been talking about July 1st 2010 for 3-4 years now and the day is almost upon us.
pimp.gif

Just to avoid any uneasiness in the future... we probably won't be hearing a decision from these guys for another week at best.

Prepare for at least 7 more days of flip-flopping reports

I'll be so glad when all of this is over.
laugh.gif

I think Miami would be making a huge mistake trying to get 3 max players. Who'd they have to play alongside Wade/Bosh/Bron?

The idea of them picking up some players cheap to try and win a championship is plausible, but would enough players be willing to do that to fill out the roster?

I doubt it.

Miami's best bet would to be resign Wade, try to sign a 4 (preferably Bosh) and fill out the rest of the roster.

if heat have wade and bosh and have money left over for a few vets and role players i like that team.

lebron's best fit would be to stay in cleveland, new jersey, or new york.

chicago should go after joe johnson and boozer and sign allen.

that simple.

wade needs a number 2 guy.

cleveland, ny, and nj need a leader.

chicago needs shooting and a post presence.

oh and the clippers just need to fold as a franchise

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

What'daya have to give up to get Melo?
Okafor, expirings (Stojakovic, Songaila, Wright), either of our draft picks, future draft picks, Collison if they'd prefer him over Lawson... All of the above? I don't care.

Okafor, over $7 million in expirings (Songaila and Wright) and two future first-round picks for Anthony?

Okafor, Stojakovic ($15 million expiring), Collison (or Pondexter if they don't want to deal with bringing in Collison and moving Lawson) and two future first-round picks for Anthony and whomever else it would take? Edit: Andersen, Afflalo and Balkman?

Probable, no?

Here's my question though, we're are so used to the terms "expiring" now, do they even hold value anymore after this free agent frenzy?  No more of these coming ya know? 

Melo will be the big prize next year, that's who they're shipping out. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  CP3 is the other, that's where they'd be sending Melo.  So Durant would be next and on and on and on. 

So do we really want expiring deals anymore?  Eh, I dunno. 

Billups has another year.  JR Smith, one year.  K Mart one year.  Seems to me, they already have a TON of cap space, and possibly are already looking at blowing it all up, if not this summer, then next.  Melo is their one ticket to getting value back in their roster. 

They go forward with Lawson, Birdman, Nene has his own option for one more year, see what he does, Affalo, their own draft pick next season, a #1 from you, and you want to give them Okafor, 7-15 in expiring nobodies, and then another pick in 12?  That's BRUTAL.  I realize Collison is an attractive piece, but he's the one guy Denver wouldn't need.  I would at least want Thorton to come over, he was impressive for that stretch last year, maybe they could use him, but he makes peanuts, lookin at the way the two teams match up, and without a true need for exprings anymore, I would think you would need a third team to get involved.  Move Collison to that team, and have them send an asset Denver's way.  Maybe that could get you Melo. 

JJ and Ray Allen? Are people still talking this crap that JJ can play SF?
roll.gif

JJ/Shuttlesworth + Lee > JJ/Shuttlesworth + Boozer.

I have a feeling one team will be shut out of all good players..
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Here's my question though, we're are so used to the terms "expiring" now, do they even hold value anymore after this free agent frenzy?  No more of these coming ya know? 
Expiring contracts are ALWAYS going to hold value... 2010 Free Agency be damned, teams run by cheap owners are always going to be cheap and want to clear out money...

In other news, Ronnie Brewer will be an unrestricted free agent. Fools in Memphis didn't extend him a qualifying offer.
indifferent.gif

He's basically Trevor Ariza/Mickael Pietrus without a jump shot.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

In other news, Ronnie Brewer will be an unrestricted free agent. Fools in Memphis didn't extend him a qualifying offer.
indifferent.gif

He's basically Trevor Ariza/Mickael Pietrus without a jump shot.
What a bunch of goddamn idiots.

Ronnie Brewer is the kind of guy you need on a team to win.

Donnie, Mark, GET ON THIS NOW.

I'd be stoked if we got him. I'd want him more than a Joe Johnson.

Throw the full MLE if you want at him, this kid can PLAY.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I'll be so glad when all of this is over.
laugh.gif

I think Miami would be making a huge mistake trying to get 3 max players. Who'd they have to play alongside Wade/Bosh/Bron?

The idea of them picking up some players cheap to try and win a championship is plausible, but would enough players be willing to do that to fill out the roster?

I doubt it.

Miami's best bet would to be resign Wade, try to sign a 4 (preferably Bosh) and fill out the rest of the roster.

They can have a nightly drawing for two fans to fill out the starting lineup and still make the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom