* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

I'm just ready for this to come down to the come down...

I want us to improve drastically to a championship caliber team, I wouldn't mind the knicks being a playoff team again, and I want Dwyane Wade to be stuck in South Beach by himself. Lord This Is My Prayer.

AMEN!

Boston worked because they had a young Perk and a young Rondo on deck, if Miami moves Beas AND Chalmers to get 3 max deals, then what the hell do they have left to play with? 
ohwell.gif

Fill in 9 roster spots? 

What's the money look like?  18-20 a piece for the 3 players each.  What does that leave for the next 9 TOTAL? 

I realize a guy or two would want to go there on the cheap to win a ring, but damn, 9 of em?  I dunno about all this.....

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Originally Posted by Durden7

I think Miami is going to end up screwing themselves after FA is over.

Anything short of "the big 2" (Wade/Lebron) is going to be a massive failure.

If they dont get both of those guys, that roster has a chance of looking awful next year.

laugh.gif
 Bruh , you don't know what your talking about.

BRUH, youre telling me that a team of Wade, another max guy and a bunch of MLE scrubs can contend in the east?

really BRUH?

I know the east isnt loaded, but that squad cant beat Boston or Orlando BRUH.

Miami with Wade, Bosh, and LBJ + like 7 scrubs <<<<< Magic and Boston

Like in all honesty who would Miami have on that bench? I can only think of 3 people

Well their contracts will start @ 16.6 mil each which adds up to 49.8 million and that leaves only 8 million to sign those 9 other guys. I'm sure they could get some Kurt Thomas, Eddie House types for cheap, hell maybe even Shaq will come back to play for the vet minimum. But I really doubt this happens.

What I would like to see but definitely isn't going to happen tonight is that I turn to Sportcenter and "Breaking News" flashes across the screen and we know where everyone will sign tonight, but that's not gonna happen. These guys are going to milk this for every single minute they can.

My final thoughts on who will go where in the free agency sweepstakes:

LeBron James-Chicago
Dwyane Wade-Miami
Chris Bosh-Miami
Joe Johnson-New York
Amare Stoudemire-New York
Dirk Nowitzki-Dallas
Paul Pierce-Boston
Carlos Boozer-New Jersey
Ray Allen-Chicago
David Lee-Utah
Rudy Gay-New Jersey

Outside agent says Heat is front-runner in race for Bosh

MIAMI — A long-time NBA agent representing several players on the upcoming free-agent market told the Sun Sentinel on Wednesday that he expects the Miami Heat to land Toronto Raptors power forward Chris Bosh during the impending NBA free agency period.
Source

Spoiler [+]
hpg0708_riley_hs.jpg

If they dont get both of those guys, that roster has a chance of looking awful next year.

laugh.gif

BRUH, youre telling me that a team of Wade, another max guy and a bunch of MLE scrubs can contend in the east?

really BRUH?

laugh.gif
Like I said, you dont know what your're talking about. You have no clue what type of deals can be orchestrated over the next few days. You also probably have no clue about how the Salary cap and CBA works either.

Let me educate you a little bit.

You do realize that Miami -- even after signing two maxes(one of them being a re-signed Wade), OUT-RIGHT have around an addition 11 million in cap flexiblity to fill out the roster? You do realize that say if Chris Bosh agrees to terms with Miami(which is looking like a likely scenario), it'll likley be thru a sign and trade. And that if Miami includes a Michael Beasley in that sign and trade with the Toronto Raptors, then that would Miami would have around 15 MILLION  to work with even after signing Wade and Bosh to max deals.

So yea. Miami is in a pretty damn good situation. Striking out is possible, but not likely. Especially considering Wade has openly campaigned for Miami.

laugh.gif

really BRUH?

laugh.gif
Like I said, you dont know what your're talking about. You have no clue what type of deals can be orchestrated over the next few days. You also probably have no clue about how the Salary cap and CBA works either.

You do realize that Miami -- even after signing two maxes(one of them being a re-signed Wade), OUT-RIGHT have around an addition 11 million in cap flexiblity to fill out the roster? You do realize that say if Chris Bosh agrees to terms with Miami(which is looking like a likely scenario), it'll likley be thru a sign and trade. And that if Miami includes a Michael Beasley in that sign and trade with the Toronto Raptors, then that would Miami would have around 15 MILLION  to work with even after signing Wade and Bosh to max deals.

So yea. Miami is in a pretty damn good situation. Striking out is possible, but not likely. Especially considering Wade has openly campaigned for Miami.
15 million for 9 players. 
laugh.gif
   Good luck finding anyone worth a damn.

Like I said, anything short of Lebron and Wade is a failure.

If your roster is Wade, Bosh, and (Joe Johnson, any other max/near max player) and 9 scrubs youre not contending for a title.

It makes NO sense to invest almost all of your salaries in 3 guys when one of them isnt Lebron.

imagine paul pierce going to lakers. as he said in his interview in the finals, he always dreamed of being in a lakers uniform. i wonder if that would actually work and what it would take lol .

Originally Posted by rleelum25

imagine paul pierce going to lakers. as he said in his interview in the finals, he always dreamed of being in a lakers uniform. i wonder if that would actually work and what it would take lol .

I believe I'd off myself.

Since Doc is coming back, I think the Big 3 will stay intact and make one more run at it.

laugh.gif

really BRUH?

laugh.gif

15 million for 9 players. 
laugh.gif
   Good luck finding anyone worth a damn.

Like I said, anything short of Lebron and Wade is a failure.

If your roster is Wade, Bosh, and (Joe Johnson, any other max/near max player) and 9 scrubs youre not contending for a title.

It makes NO sense to invest almost all of your salaries in 3 guys when one of them isnt Lebron.

Wade and scrubs won 47 games in the Eastern Conferene, yet Wade + A star 20/10 power forward in Chris and a collection of solid role players won't be contending.

laugh.gif
Whatever you buddy. I'll take those chances. That Dwyane Wade guy is pretty damn good.

15 million could nab you a Brendan Haywood(8 million starting salary), and a re-signed Udonis Haslem(5 million) to be that thrid big off the bench. And possibly a cheap role player option at point guard like a Steve Blake(2 million). Raja Bell has already openty stated he would like to sign with the Miami Heat next year. He'd come at the veteran minimum.

There will be no problems filling out the roster on Miami's behalf, but you can continue with those grasping for straws arguments, if you'd like.

I don't think Boston should blow up their roster & start over... I think they have 1 solid run left in them, especially with Doc coming back. I mean, they were just in game 7 of the Finals this year. They should give that squad 1 more run.

The East only has like 2 good intact teams right now if Boston's core comes back. Wade/Bosh would definitely be contenders next year to get to the Finals.

Bron/Dirk in CHI would be the sickest combo, that team would not be able to be defended.

I know all the young bucks are getting attention, but where do you guys see A.I., McGrady and Shaq playing next year?

I'm so ready for all this to just be over with... It's gotten so old already.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I don't think Boston should blow up their roster & start over... I think they have 1 solid run left in them, especially with Doc coming back. I mean, they were just in game 7 of the Finals this year. They should give that squad 1 more run.

i want to see how their defense reacts with out Tibs there.

Dada boy explain more how after 3 max players they could still have 11-15 million in cap space

I always thought it would only be a few millions

So doc coming back means Boston will give it one
More run... But they also can't over pay pp and Allen to go for it one more time.

Some said yesterday Boston should go after shaq since Perkins will be out to start the year

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Dada boy explain more how after 3 max players they could still have 11-15 million in cap space

I always thought it would only be a few millions
It'll be 11-15 million if it's Wade and another max guy. If it's all three, then it will be the rookies and cheap vets.

Back
Top Bottom