* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

the money doesnt really matter much to bron since he will make it up all off the court. now to guys like bosh, and the others they will have to do a sign and trade
I'm shocked yall are saying this.

A few million might not sound like much, but I feel these guys will want every penny they can get.

Thats what i been saying homeslice

What's the difference between July 1 and July 8? I keep hearing people say these dates as if they should be distinguished, and I'm too lazy to look it up myself
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

What's the difference between July 1 and July 8? I keep hearing people say these dates as if they should be distinguished, and I'm too lazy to look it up myself
laugh.gif

ha if i recall correctly, July 1 is the first day you can talk to a FA and July 8 is the first day you can sign them.

Good job Kings, goooooood freaking job. if both of them pan out like the management hope they can be,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and JA21, you misinterpreted that quote. What they were trying to say was that they're being arrogrant with what they want, and they're just toying with everyone (and they've been). sure, he has the right to, since hes almost the best, if not the best (i put that for the kobe/lebron stans and vice versa), but it just makes them look like a little !!@%%+% #*%#$.

To be honest, i can really give a damn if we sign lebron or not. i cant stand this guy's personality.

and, i'm not too sure on how S&T's have to work. would contracts have to match? If so, how the hell can that ever be worked out, for even most teams?

If not, i can see why Dallas would be a good destination, but honestly, i dont see it happening. A Dirk and Bron wing would def. be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
though.

Are you going to leave 30 million on the table?

Plus, the type of team LeBron, Wade, or someone of that caliber would be getting in Dallas is equal/comparable to what they'd get ANYWHERE else.

I don't care what player it is, they're not going to take less-money. The only person that has done that recently is Duncan, and it's because he was getting older.
Kevin Garnett & Ray Allen took less money because they wanted to win ... and what did they do? Win. A championship at that.

All of a sudden JA been posting like mad again.  Where you been all thru the playoffs homie?  You ain't type much back then........

The more I watch people gush all over themselves to line up and get Lebron, the more i want to see that fail.  It will please me to no end. 

Danny Ferry. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Pritchard is cool and all for tryin to be civil and what not, but he was hyped up by this place BIG time.  It was being reported out here that it wasn't even him that set up the Roy and Aldrige trades, his two biggest feathers in his cap.  But maybe that's more of this lame area's spin control, who knows?

Screaming A was on the Dan Patrick show

Said last night 2 different sources told him it was bron,bosh and wade going to the heat

Said he was told the last 2 years that it was bron to the Knicks but things have changes. Said any one that knows him can figure out who was telling him that(www)

I like screaming A but seen how like a week ago he said bron and shaq to the Knicks he is dumb for putting his name on this story

Screaming A was on the Dan Patrick show

Said last night 2 different sources told him it was bron,bosh and wade going to the heat

Said he was told the last 2 years that it was bron to the Knicks but things have changes. Said any one that knows him can figure out who was telling him that(www)

I like screaming A but seen how like a week ago he said bron and shaq to the Knicks he is dumb for putting his name on this story

Mike didn't WWW say Lebron to the Bulls was a done deal a few weeks ago? 

NBA off season thread sticky'd?  I like it. 
smokin.gif

WWW is just as big an attention tramp as James is

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
July 1st is when teams can start recruiting players but they have to wait until July 8th to officially sign them because the league has to figure out the salary cap numbers.
Originally Posted by bittersweet

Are you going to leave 30 million on the table?

Plus, the type of team LeBron, Wade, or someone of that caliber would be getting in Dallas is equal/comparable to what they'd get ANYWHERE else.

I don't care what player it is, they're not going to take less-money. The only person that has done that recently is Duncan, and it's because he was getting older.
Kevin Garnett & Ray Allen took less money because they wanted to win ... and what did they do? Win. A championship at that.
Totally different set of circumstances considering Garnett and Allen came to Boston via trades and not outright signings. They were going to make their money regardless. Allen had no say in going to Boston on Draft night. Garnett had some say in the matter and ultimately decided to go to Boston.

We don't know how LeBron and etc. are thinking right now. Just a bunch of speculation. I think everyone wants the max contract, but they should be smart enough to understand their big contract's effect on the whole team. Timmy Duncan knew what was going on.

YIKES!
[h1]Sources: Mavs to pursue Johnson[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 2 hours, 43 minutes ago

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will pursue a sign-and-trade to lure Atlanta Hawks free agent Joe Johnson(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Mavericks are unlikely to engage the Cleveland Cavaliers into a sign-and-trade for LeBron James(notes), but Johnson has emerged as a realistic target for the Mavericks. Johnson, is more likely to embrace a sign-and-trade to the contending Mavs than sign a free-agent contract with New York or Chicago, sources said.

“New York is far from his first option,

This is so unlike wes tho. So to mean alot of this is #%##+@!!

Been thinking this since Cleveland got eliminated.  His name was never out there all that much now every week they have a "Who is Worldwide Wes?" segment on ESPN and now everyone drops his name.

Glad to see this was stickied.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ill_have_questions_about_bulls_roster_future/[/h2]
[h2]Sources: LeBron Will Have Questions About Bulls' Roster, Future[/h2]
Rose_Derek_chi_090214.jpg

Jun 28, 2010 11:14 AM EST

chi_40.gif
With some viewing the Bulls as the frontrunners to sign LeBron James, multiple league sources tell Chris Sheridan of ESPN that James will have questions about Chicago's roster and future.

"n my conversations over the weekend with several league sources keyed into the maneuverings surrounding the start of free agency July 1," Sheridan writes, "the dialogue consistently circled back to one pertinent point: When LeBron looks at what will surround him on his future team, especially when weighing Chicago vs. New York, he is going to have questions of his own."

Owner Jerry Reinsdorf's track record of being averse to paying the luxury tax and whether he is willing to maintain the large payroll necessary to win multiple championships is the first concern mentioned in Sheridan's story.

The others: The unknown quantity that is new coach Tom Thibodeau, Chicago's present lack of a three-point shooter who can spread the floor around James, whether Derrick Rose can play off the ball, on the wings next to James who often handles and initiates the offense, and the team's relative lack of flexibility to improve next summer compared to the Knicks who are set to have Eddy Curry's $11 million contract come off their books.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...fer_johnson_max_knicks_bulls_also_in_pursuit/[/h2]
[h2]Hawks Will Offer Johnson Max; Knicks, Bulls Also In Pursuit[/h2]
Jun 28, 2010 8:00 AM EST

atl_40.gif
Although LeBron James remains their lead target, the Knicks will meet with Joe Johnson in Los Angeles just hours before their sitdown with James in Ohio on Thursday.

New York is hoping to meet with Amar'e Stoudemire's representatives in Los Angeles Thursday night.

League sources told Frank Isola of the New York Daily News that the Hawks will be in Los Angeles at midnight Thursday to attempt to retain Johnson.

The Bulls are another team expected to go hard after Johnson even though they may fall just short of the salary-cap space to offer a second maximum-salary contract. Chicago will also be in pursuit of James.

One source told Isola that the Hawks intend to offer Johnson a max contract and "get the deal done."

The Knicks are hoping to secure Johnson by offering him a chance to play with James, should they be able to convince the crown jewel of this summer's free-agent class to sign in New York.

A source familiar with the Hawks' thinking says the team is not interested in a sign-and-trade with the Knicks, preferring to let Johnson walk to New York if he chooses not to return to Atlanta.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67520/20100628/arenas_is_a_definite_possibility_for_magic/[/h2]
[h2]Arenas Is A 'Definite Possibility' For Magic[/h2]
Jun 28, 2010 12:03 PM EST

orl_40.gif
The Magic are believed to be active in trade talks and Ken Berger of CBS Sports writes that acquiring Gilbert Arenas from the Wizards is a "definite possibility."

Orlando general manager Otis Smith has a good relationship with Arenas, but center Dwight Howard might question how Arenas fits in with the team's scheme.
[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67515/20100628/bosh_officially_declines_player_option/[/h2]
[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67515/20100628/bosh_officially_declines_player_option/[/h2]

[h2]Bosh Officially Declines Player Option[/h2]
Jun 28, 2010 11:39 AM EST

tor_40.gif
By Christopher Reina

Chris Bosh has officially declined his player option for the 2010-11 season, according to a source.

The decision to not exercise his player option was a mere formality and something decided months ago, as it was for many of the other 2010 free agents.

Bosh held a player option worth $17.149 million with the Raptors, but the deadline for him to exercise the option passed a few days before the NBA Draft.

The deadline for LeBron James and Chris Bosh to exercise their player options for 10-11 isn't until June 30th.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67519/20100628/shaq_could_get_two_year_$8m_deal/[/h2]
[h2]Shaq Could Get Two-Year, $8M Deal[/h2]
Jun 28, 2010 11:59 AM EST

cle_40.gif
Shaquille O'Neal made $20 million with the Cavaliers this past season, but league officials expect the free agent center to take a significant pay cut.

The Journal Times writes that O'Neal could get a two-year, $8 million contract on the free agent market.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67517/20100628/nets_waive_keyon_dooling/[/h2]
[h2]Nets Waive Keyon Dooling[/h2]
Jun 28, 2010 11:48 AM EST

njn_40.gif
The New Jersey Nets have requested waivers on guard Keyon Dooling, Nets President Rod Thorn announced today. Dooling was acquired on July 21, 2008 from Orlando in exchange for cash considerations. In two full seasons with New Jersey, Dooling appeared in 130 games, averaging 8.6 ppg, 1.6 rpg and 3.1 apg.

Joe Johnson is really scary. For someone with his talent and even production for the nba regular season to come out THAT flat in the playoffs consistently is not a good look at all.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Joe Johnson is really scary. For someone with his talent and even production for the nba regular season to come out THAT flat in the playoffs consistently is not a good look at all.
He'll fit in perfectly in Dallas then......

If Joe Johnson was smart then he should stay with the Hawks.

and this got stickied? no wonder, i looked through 10 pages and couldnt find this thread thinking what the hell..
laugh.gif

I swear this past playoff series has soured everyone on Joe Johnson. You'd think he was a bum the way people bring his name up lately

Back
Top Bottom