* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67524/20100628/suns_will_make_final_pitch_to_amare_tuesday/[/h2]
[h2]Suns Will Make Final Pitch To Amar'e Tuesday[/h2]
Jun 28, 2010 4:36 PM EST

phx_40.gif
The Suns will meet with forward Amar'e Stoudemire on Tuesday in Los Angeles, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

Phoenix owner Robert Sarver and coach Alvin Gentry will make their final pitch to the soon-to-be free agent.

It's been reported that the Suns aren't willing to give Stoudemire a maximum contract, which could drive him to leave for another team.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67535/20100628/byron_scott_wont_wait_for_jackson_lebron/[/h2]
[h2]Byron Scott Won't Wait For Jackson, LeBron[/h2]
Jun 28, 2010 10:01 PM EST

cle_40.gif
Byron Scott has interviewed twice for the Cavaliers' head coaching position and said the team expects to make a decision by Thursday's start of free agency.

"I’m not sitting and waiting on Phil Jackson," Scott said about the possibility that Jackson could retire, leaving the Lakers' job available to him. "That ain’t me. I’m not waiting on anybody."

Scott hasn’t spoken to James but people in his camp communicated to the coach that there is a "50-50" chance that James will return to the Cavs.

"He’s a loyal guy. He wants to win," said Scott.

"I would coach there without LeBron," Scott said. "But they got a good shot at getting him back. Without him, they would probably go from 60 wins to 30 wins. But [without James], it’s still a better job than when I first started in New Jersey, and it’s still a better job than when I first started in New Orleans."

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._extend_qualifying_offer_to_matthews_fesenko/[/h2]
[h2]Jazz Extend Qualifying Offer To Matthews, Fesenko[/h2]
Jun 29, 2010 12:13 AM EST

uta_40.gif
Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor announced today that the team has tendered qualifying offers to center Kyrylo Fesenko and guard Wesley Matthews. Per team policy, financial terms were not released. In accordance with the league’s collective bargaining agreement, in order for a team to retain its right of first refusal with respect to a restricted free agent, the team must tender the player a qualifying offer by June 30. A restricted free agent may sign an offer sheet with any team, but is subject to a right of first refusal with the team for which the player last played.

[h1]Source: Trio talk free agency scenarios[/h1]

By Chris Broussard and Marc Stein
ESPN.com
A modified version of the ballyhooed free-agent summit that was initially suggested and then downplayed by Dwyane Wade has indeed taken place, ESPN.com has learned.

Sources close to the situation said Monday night that three of the biggest names in basketball -- Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James -

- met over the weekend in Miami to seriously discuss their futures, with a focus on the increasingly plausible possibility of those three teaming up with Wade's Heat.

[h4]LeBron Tracker[/h4]
1966.jpg
Where will LeBron James land? We're keeping tabs on the King. Here's the latest. LeBron Tracker

Yet sources with knowledge of the meeting stressed to ESPN.com that James, while clearly intrigued by the possibility of forming a star-studded Miami trio with Wade and

Bosh, has not yet committed to leaving his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers for South Beach.

One source did label Miami as the new frontrunner to land James in a package deal with Bosh and a re-signed Wade but also cautioned that James was "non-committal"

with the start of free agency fast approaching.

Sources said James remains committed to fielding free-agent pitches from several teams when free agency officially opens Thursday at 12:01 a.m. ET,

with the Chicago Bulls continuing to rank as a highly appealing destination and a return to Cleveland still figuring prominently in his thinking and

with the Dallas Mavericks looming as an intriguing outsider.

Earlier Monday, Fox Sports Radio's Stephen A. Smith reported on his morning radio show and via his Twitter feed that James and Bosh have committed to joining

Wade in Miami. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel newspaper, in a report on its website Monday afternoon, quoted a source close to Wade as saying that the 2006

NBA Finals MVP "believes his team is poised to pull off a free-agency coup" by signing James and Bosh and re-signing Wade.

Unless Miami trades away former No. 2 overall pick Michael Beasley to a team with salary-cap space, so it can avoid taking salary back,

Heat president Pat Riley will not be able to offer the estimated 2010-11 maximum salary of $16.5 million to all three Team USA stars.

But sources told ESPN.com that James, Wade and Bosh all expressed confidence at the meeting that contractual complexities to make this ambitious triple signing

work can be worked out, although it was not immediately clear if all three players would receive an equal amount or if one or two would receive the max.

Another variable is whether Bosh would be willing to sign with the Heat outright or if he wants to hold out for a sign-and-trade.

Toronto Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo acknowledged Monday for the first time in a radio interview with the Fan590 in Toronto that "it's becoming more

and more clear" that the prospect of Bosh re-signing with the Raptors is "not going to happen." But sources close to the situation have maintained for months that Bosh

was likely to work with the Raptors on a sign-and-trade if he ultimately decided to leave in free agency, thereby ensuring that Toronto doesn't lose him without

compensation and enabling Bosh to get an extra year on his contract potentially worth as much as $30 million.

Sources insisted, meanwhile, that other scenarios were discussed at the weekend meeting apart from the Miami plan. One source said James' admiration for Bulls legend

Michael Jordan is such that he is determined to hear Chicago's pitch later this week, keeping alive the possibility that both James

and Bosh could still wind up together with the Bulls.

In that scenario, sources said, James and Bosh would join Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah in Chicago, while Wade would hope to be joined in Miami

by close friend Carlos Boozer, who was not at the meeting.

Sources said James, furthermore, has not ruled out staying with the Cavaliers. Although Cleveland does not have the financial flexibility or the trade assets to import

Bosh or Wade and enhance its chances of retaining this summer's face of free agency, James is a proud Ohioan who is said to be still wrestling with the notion of

leaving his home state, no matter how enticing the possibilities are in Miami and Chicago.

The Sun-Sentinel reported that Wade is also exploring his options by planning free-agent sitdowns in coming days with the Bulls and Mavericks. ESPN.com

had previously reported that Wade and Bosh are scheduled to be in New York on Friday for separate recruiting visits with the New York Knicks and New Jersey Nets.

It was not immediately clear, as details of the Miami option emerged, whether Riley intends to stay in his front-office role and let coach Erik Spoelstra

return for his third season or if, say, James urges the 65-year-old to return to the bench for a third stint coaching the Heat.

David Lee – With LeBron James on their mind, the New York Knicks aren't making Lee a priority going into this summer. While Lee recently said that he could be a nice compliment to James, it doesn't appear as if the Knicks see him in that role, especially at Lee's high asking price. The New Jersey Nets and Minnesota Timberwolves are both interested and there is a good chance Lee will find a new home, and some stability, this summer.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16616

Would it be the smart move for NJ to give Lee a long term deal considering they just drafted Favors? I know he might take some time to develop, but how long would they plan on keeping the #3 pick playing off the bench? Plus it would seem like a waste of their money to pay Lee to come off the bench.

Lee on the Wolves would be hilarious, I made a joke pre-draft, but I would love to see that team with nothing but PGs and PFs

So if LBJ, Wade, and Bosh team up and win...that old "Kobe had Shaq" argument goes out the window right?

^
I highly doubt it. 
laugh.gif

I don't care, it'll be nice to see that come together.   Bron, Wade, Bosh, vs Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Artest and Bynum?  Sign me up for some of that.   17 couldn't be any sweeter.   
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

So if LBJ, Wade, and Bosh team up and win...that old "Kobe had Shaq" argument goes out the window right?

laugh.gif

It would be crazy if that happened, though.

Who the hell wrote this crap? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[h1]How the San Antonio Spurs Can Get LeBron James[/h1]
by
74629754_crop_340x234.jpg

There is an option for LeBron James if he wants to go to a winning team: the San Antonio Spurs.

The Spurs could trade Tony Parker, who only has one year left on his contract, Manu Ginobili, and some draft picks to the Cavaliers for LeBron James.

Why would LeBron want to go to San Antonio in the first place? I have reasons that could entice LeBron James into a Spurs uniform in 2011.

First, LeBron would be with Tim Duncan. Duncan is one of the greatest big men the NBA has ever seen.

Also, LeBron could mentor the young guys like Dejuan Blair and George Hill. Both would be starters if this trade happened.

The state of Texas has no state income tax, so really LeBron would be getting twice as much money.

Coach Gregg Popovich, in my opinion is one of the greatest coaches in the NBA. LeBron James would love to play under Popovich.

Even though San Antonio isn't a big market, there are based off of championships. LeBron even said, he wants to go a team that can win right now.

LeBron would rule San Antonio, Tim Duncan would be the No. 2 guy. Duncan, though, only cares about winning.

The San Antonio Spurs are one of the best franchises in the NBA. LeBron James would make them even better and more mainstream.

Then you bring in the Mexico factor for LeBron James. San Antonio is very close to Mexico.

LeBron could globalize himself in Mexico. That could make LeBron James a bigger sports figure in Central America than most NBA players.

Even though San Antonio isn't that big of a sports market, he has Mexico that could him up out, marketing wise.

When you add the winning tradition of the Spurs, Tim Duncan, Gregg Popovich, and the Mexico factor.

LeBron James should go to San Antonio and win some championships.

Yup Bron to the Spurs!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Even Doo wouldn't co-sign this crap.  

People are losin their damn minds with this free agency nonsense. 

Honestly, if im Cleveland, i'd actually take that deal.

I rather start rebuilding with Parker and Manu then nothing. and ask them to throw in blair as well of course.

I had know idea you rebuild with 30 year old players

Twolves still going after Rudy gay? Hahahha if true Kahn is a idiot

^
I dunno, I like Rudy in Minny actually.  They got enough damn PG's and PF's, it's time to get a decent wing out there.  They could sign Bron and not win nothin, so why not get at least a decent young guy and let them play it out a year or two, see if the core grows at all.  Rubio, Rudy, Al Jeff, Love, Webster, Flynn, Wesley, Booker......that's not a terrible start is it? 

Not like they're getting a big name to go there anyways

Then why draft wes? Hell why draft 2 other wing players? And Wes is classic small foward so he ant moving to sg

Nothing wrong with going after Rudy if you drafted someone other then wes, but they just drafted there small foward of the future

Save the money for a rainy day, let Wes max his PT?  Something like that? 

Eh, ok, I can see what you're sayin.  I guess I was lookin at it in that you get as many assets as you can if your Minny.  Maybe you could dangle Wes for a peice you might need later and what not.  But Rudy wants how much?  70-80 mil?  So that'd be a big gamble if they don't find a taker on Wes, not to even mention the Rubio stuff, or if AL Jeff gets moved. 

JJ should actually be the one they target, being a solid 2 guard they could slot in.  I don't believe in Martell at all, he's merely a cheap hold over til they get a solid upgrade imo.  But no way JJ goes there. 

This is getting beyond ******ed. 

"reports" of Lebron was in _______  (insert city)

"reports" that Wade scratched his @#$

"summits" 

I mean, damn, just sit back and wait a couple days, we'll all find out soon enough.  These foolish reports are lookin dumber and dumber by the minute. 

NBA.com has an item saying the Lakers are gonna try and send Bynum + Odom to Tor for Bosh + Jack.

Bynum + Odom > Bosh

Back
Top Bottom