* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Joe in Dallas would be good for them if Dirk is coming back.  I think he'd be better off as the second option rather than the situation in Atlanta.

Originally Posted by franchise3

NBA.com has an item saying the Lakers are gonna try and send Bynum + Odom to Tor for Bosh + Jack.

Bynum + Odom > Bosh
Bosh is not worth Odom and Bynum.

I still don't want Rudy in Minnesota. I think we can have a good team with Wes and Brewer on the wing. If anyone gets traded from Minnesota it's most likely Session for a PG who has an expiring contract to get ready for Rubio next year and Al. And if we go after David Lee
smh.gif
enough of the PF's PLEASE

That would be a steal for Toronto if they were able to get Bynum and Odom for Bosh since they are more than likely going to lose him for nothing anyway.

You know what's funny? The Knicks are nowhere to be found in all these BS reports people are spewing out. It's all a smokescreen, Lebron is signing with the Knicks

First Rambis, now B Shaw. 

I wonder if Phil does return, would he add Byron to his staff, with the intent (and we all see it coming) that Scott would get the job once Phil does leave for good. 

Shaw gotta know Bron ain't comin back.  Talk about startin from the bottom. 
smh.gif

I get the feeling the Lakers told Shaw even if Phil retired, he wouldn't be their first choice.

Good luck to him if he leaves for Cleveland.

Originally Posted by CP1708

First Rambis, now B Shaw. 

I wonder if Phil does return, would he add Byron to his staff, with the intent (and we all see it coming) that Scott would get the job once Phil does leave for good. 

Shaw gotta know Bron ain't comin back.  Talk about startin from the bottom. 
smh.gif

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Did B Scott just take the Cavs job? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
   I can't tell anymore.  LA Times says it's Scott. 

Pro
laugh.gif
  I claim innocence. 

Cleansneaks, Ima pretend you were talkin to the writer of that article, not me, the guy that said it was a load of crap.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  I'm nice like that. 
wink.gif

Nets to trade Yi Jianlian to Wizards

The Nets have gotten another step closer toward their ultimate goal of hitting the $33-million mark in bankroll by dumping Yi Jianlian on the Washington Wizards, in a move that will be announced in a few hours.
In return, the Wiz are sending the Nets Quinton Ross’s $1.146 contract, which enables the Nets to increase their cap space to precisely $30 million – a nice round number that will get you LeBron James ($16.5M) and a stud who can start out at $13.5M.

So much for the foray into the Asian continent, unless they believe a billion Chinese fans are going to follow the owner. But it's a good move all around, and best for the kid himself.

Source

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Then why draft wes?
Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If you wanted Rudy, you shoulda taken Cousins...
But where's the guarantee that we will get Rudy Gay?

Lets rewind back to June 24 and say David Kahn took Cousins instead of Wes, because Rudy Gay was their target in FA. Then FA comes, and Rudy Gay signs with the Clippers, or whoever, despite us throwing truck loads of money at him. What do you do then? You're without a talented wing player, which was a position of monumental struggle on this team last year.

I get what both of you are saying, but it's not like the fact that we're "targeting him" means he automatically will come here.

[h1]Adviser to James Will Not Meet With N.B.A. Suitors[/h1][h6]By JONATHAN ABRAMS[/h6][h6]Published: June 29, 2010[/h6]

When LeBron James starts listening to pitches on Thursday from the teams trying to lure him away from the Cleveland Cavaliers, one person who is not expected to be present is William Wesley, a prominent, behind-the-scenes adviser to various athletes and a longtime acquaintance of James.

Keep up with the latest news, on the court and off, with The Times's basketball blog.

Wesley, who straddles the worlds of college basketball and the N.B.A., is widely known by his nickname “Worldwide Wes.

Cle won't work out a S&T should Lebron decide to leave.
Big mistake IMO

If he's gonna walk, try to at least get something for him.  Provided it's decent return.  If it's all garbage, then yeah, don't do anything to hinder you going forward, but to just say no, we flat out won't trade him, that's stupid. 

Why are the Wizards helping out other teams like the Bulls and Nets clear cap space? I know no one deserving a max wants to sign with the Wizards right now, but how about clearing cap space themselves by trading Gilbert at a loss even. Wall and Blatche is a good start imo.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Cle won't work out a S&T should Lebron decide to leave.
Big mistake IMO

If he's gonna walk, try to at least get something for him.  Provided it's decent return.  If it's all garbage, then yeah, don't do anything to hinder you going forward, but to just say no, we flat out won't trade him, that's stupid. 
Not sure where you got from franchise's post that Cle for sure won't do a S&T. Like you said earlier, crazy rumors every day until it starts.

You prob happy Cleveland will go back to nothing when LeBron leaves and they get nothing in return. But help your former Lakers Shaw or Scott tho! 

Back
Top Bottom