* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Speaking of Kevin Pritchard. . .
Kevin Pritchard's open letter to Trail Blazers fans

First and foremost, I want to thank andsalute Paul Allen. He is being unfairly characterized as a bad guy inall of this and that is completely inaccurate and totally unfair. We donot have Luke Babbitt, Elliot Williams, Armon Johnson and Ryan Gomeswithout an owner like Paul, just as we wouldn't have Brandon Roy,LaMarcus Aldridge, Nic Batum, Rudy Fernandez, Andre Miller or GregOden.

laugh.gif
 Read in between the lines

Originally Posted by Fear23

An NBA player told Alan Hahn of Newsday that LeBron James' top choice is to sign with the Nets.
The player urged Hahn to "be the first reporter to start writing theNets as the team he's most likely to go [to], because that's what it'ssounding like."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a..._lebron_is_leaning_toward_nets/#ixzz0s14oeurF

pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
    I ONLY WISH!!!!!
so many rumors flying around saying this and that, unless we have a video of lebron saying this then it doesnt matter.

This guys a tool,
roll.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...n8Hm8vLYF?urn=nba,251378

Denver Nuggets: No picks

The upside? Denver would have had the 23rd pick, but it decided to send it to Minnesota last season for Ty Lawson(notes), who may have been a top-five rookie last year. The downside? Denver is desperate for some frontcourt depth, and it spent all night (when Mark Warkentien wasn't tying up the line faxing out resumes) working the phones to try and buy a pick to use on a big man. So the Nuggets did what they had to do, and didn't do what they were supposed to. All at once. And somehow, we'll give them a ...

Grade: B

So, they had needs that weren't met, and they get an B.

Charlotte Bobcats: No selections

Usually I'm pretty low on middling draft projects who automatically earn guaranteed deals, but trading your pick two years in advance for the chance to draft Alexis Ajinca(notes)? Fail.

Grade: F

And a team that is young and developing without picks, just like Cleveland and Denver who both got B's? F? Really?

Los Angeles Lakers: Devin Ebanks(notes), Derrick Caracter(notes)

I've fallen for this trap before, getting enthused about guys taken in the second round who I've actually heard of, and then Pete Mickael goes and flames out. But Caracter has a legitimate post game, and Ebanks can help defend at the end of the bench. Considering you just won a championship and had two second-rounders to work with? Yeah, I know I've been mostly A's so far, but...

Grade: A

Help defend at the end of the bench? You mean help defend Adam Morrison from gobbling up all the popcorn?

Memphis Grizzlies: Xavier Henry(notes), Greivis Vasquez(notes)

Henry looks smallish and shooting guard-@+%, and the Grizz already have one of those. Vasquez, I'm sorry, looks about as slow as they come. And both get guaranteed deals?

Grade: D

HE HATIN' ON GREIVIS.
smh.gif

Minnesota Timberwolves: Wesley Johnson(notes), Lazar Hayward(notes), Nemanja Bjelica(notes), Paulo Prestes(notes)

Listen, I even like Martell Webster(notes). Think highly of him. But to cash in Ryan Gomes'(notes) desirable contract and the 16th pick on Webster? Johnson might be terrible, and a guaranteed contract for Lazar Hayward? What an awful night.

What did he want them to do? Draft Cousins who I think would be a train-wreck with Love? Gomes is NOT that great, maybe Webster wasn't worth the 16th pick, but he's a proven good role player. Johnson MIGHT be terrible? EVERYONE might be terrible if they turn out to be a bust.

New Orleans Hornets: Craig Brackins(notes), Quincy Pondexter(notes)

So, the Hornets not only saved themselves a heap of money by trading Morris Peterson(notes) and heading under the luxury-tax threshold, they added two first-round prospects in the process. I know next-to-nothing about Brackins and Pondexter, but given Jeff Bower's draft history and the sting of Peterson's contract, I'm inclined to call this one of the best nights of the bunch.

Oh God... This tool gets paid to write this junk? Yeah they saved themselves money, exactly what a team needs when you have one of the best PG's in the L.

Philadelphia 76ers: Evan Turner(notes)

I can gripe about his less-than-stellar athleticism and his similarity to Andre Iguodala(notes) for the rest of your Friday, but the bottom line stays the same. Philadelphia just drafted Evan Turner. That's a good thing. Could be a great thing.

I love Turner, and I think he's good for Philly, but is he saying that Turner isn't a good athlete? He's not Josh Smith or Iguodala, but give me a break.

Someone get me a gig /w Yahoo!, I can write better crap than this wanker.

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Sources: Blazers eye ex-Cavs GM Ferry

Former Cavaliers  general manager Danny Ferry has emerged as one of the first front-office targets of the Trail Blazers  after they abruptly fired Kevin Pritchard on draft night, according to sources with knowledge of Portland's thinking.

With no hope of successfully prying San Antonio's R.C. Buford or Oklahoma City's Sam Presti away from their respective clubs, Portland has Ferry high on its list of potential replacements for Pritchard, mere weeks after Ferry parted ways with the Cavaliers, sources told ESPN.com.

Blazers president Larry Miller told The Oregonian of Portland the search will begin in earnest Monday and that former Heat general manager Randy Pfund also is one of the names under consideration. The Oregonian reported that the Blazers also have interest in David Griffin, a former top aide in Phoenix to Steve Kerr.

Whether Ferry would be interested in such a quick return to the job -- especially after the seemingly vengeful manner of Pritchard's firing -- remains to be seen.

Ferry declined comment when reached via phone by ESPN.com.

The Blazers, like Dan Gilbert's Cavaliers, are a deep-pocketed organization known for giving their basketball people resources and the license to wheel and deal that many GMs envy.

But the apparent intent of Blazers owner Paul Allen to fire Pritchard in the most humbling manner possible -- about an hour before Thursday's draft began -- is expected to give pause to prospective replacements irrespective of the spending money Allen is known to provide his front-office executives.

Sources have maintained since it was announced June 4 that Ferry would not be receiving a new contract in Cleveland that Gilbert's desire to reclaim a more hands-on role in basketball decisions was a key factor in the split, along with Ferry's reluctance to fire coach Mike Brown.

Similar questions about autonomy are circulating about the Blazers' job in the wake of Pritchard's exit and persistent reports that Pritchard's popularity with Blazers fans actually hurt him with bosses who thought he received too much credit for Portland's consecutive 50-win seasons.

Miller said after the draft that Portland director of pro scouting Michael Born and director of college scouting Chad Buchanan will handle Pritchard's duties until a successor is found. Miller also told The Oregonian he is not under consideration for the job.

As shocking as the timing of his dismissal was, Pritchard's exit had been anticipated for weeks, despite his unquestioned role in the team's turnaround since the 2006 draft-day arrivals of Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge and despite the fact that he is under contract through next season.

Doubts about Pritchard's future in Portland began to circulate widely in mid-March, when top aide Tom Penn was fired in similarly abrupt fashion. Penn worked the NBA draft this week for ESPN as a salary-cap expert.

The Oregonian reported Thursday that Allen instructed Pritchard to run the Blazers' draft-night operations after being informed of his firing. Miller told reporters in Portland that Pritchard asked to run Portland's draft-night operations and was allowed to do so.

"I would hope that the fans would trust that we're going to do everything we can to make this organization better, because that's what we're going to do," Miller told reporters in Portland. "The goal is to win a championship here and bring a championship to the city of Portland."

Regarding Pritchard specifically, Miller said: "I'm not going to get into the details about what transpired or why. But I would say the process itself took a lot of things into consideration and at the end of the day the decision was made that it was time to go a different direction."

Besides Portland's front-office opening, Phoenix is looking for replacements for Kerr and Griffin, and the New Jersey Nets will be looking for a new front-office chief, with Rod Thorn reportedly stepping down July 15, according to ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5331287

Can't wait until CP posts about this.
laugh.gif

As a Blazers fan, I do not like Ferry as the first candidate. And I'm pissed at of how things went down. KP was cool...

QFT. I dont know who they are gonna find to do a better job than maybe Sam presti but i dont see him leaving okc and who would want to come here and be treated like KP was.

I respect Paul allens cake but I cant get with his decision making and his vulcan group !#$%%*!!

KP had built us back up into a contender and to just get dropped like that, right before the draft, and expected to complete the draft?!?! SMH dude got did dirty but props for taking the high road.

The NBA: Where "the-offseason-is-borderline-embarrassing-and-teams-are-willing-to-risk-setting-their-organizations-back-10 years-by-revolving-around-a-few-free-agents" happens.

It's a terrible precedent.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

This guys a tool,
roll.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...n8Hm8vLYF?urn=nba,251378

Denver Nuggets: No picks

The upside? Denver would have had the 23rd pick, but it decided to send it to Minnesota last season for Ty Lawson(notes), who may have been a top-five rookie last year. The downside? Denver is desperate for some frontcourt depth, and it spent all night (when Mark Warkentien wasn't tying up the line faxing out resumes) working the phones to try and buy a pick to use on a big man. So the Nuggets did what they had to do, and didn't do what they were supposed to. All at once. And somehow, we'll give them a ...

Grade: B

So, they had needs that weren't met, and they get an B.

Charlotte Bobcats: No selections

Usually I'm pretty low on middling draft projects who automatically earn guaranteed deals, but trading your pick two years in advance for the chance to draft Alexis Ajinca(notes)? Fail.

And a team that is young and developing without picks, just like Cleveland and Denver who both got B's? F? Really?

Los Angeles Lakers: Devin Ebanks(notes), Derrick Caracter(notes)

I've fallen for this trap before, getting enthused about guys taken in the second round who I've actually heard of, and then Pete Mickael goes and flames out. But Caracter has a legitimate post game, and Ebanks can help defend at the end of the bench. Considering you just won a championship and had two second-rounders to work with? Yeah, I know I've been mostly A's so far, but...

Help defend at the end of the bench? You mean help defend Adam Morrison from gobbling up all the popcorn?

Memphis Grizzlies: Xavier Henry(notes), Greivis Vasquez(notes)

Henry looks smallish and shooting guard-@+%, and the Grizz already have one of those. Vasquez, I'm sorry, looks about as slow as they come. And both get guaranteed deals?

Grade: D

HE HATIN' ON GREIVIS.
smh.gif

Minnesota Timberwolves: Wesley Johnson(notes), Lazar Hayward(notes), Nemanja Bjelica(notes), Paulo Prestes(notes)

Listen, I even like Martell Webster(notes). Think highly of him. But to cash in Ryan Gomes'(notes) desirable contract and the 16th pick on Webster? Johnson might be terrible, and a guaranteed contract for Lazar Hayward? What an awful night.

What did he want them to do? Draft Cousins who I think would be a train-wreck with Love? Gomes is NOT that great, maybe Webster wasn't worth the 16th pick, but he's a proven good role player. Johnson MIGHT be terrible? EVERYONE might be terrible if they turn out to be a bust.

New Orleans Hornets: Craig Brackins(notes), Quincy Pondexter(notes)

So, the Hornets not only saved themselves a heap of money by trading Morris Peterson(notes) and heading under the luxury-tax threshold, they added two first-round prospects in the process. I know next-to-nothing about Brackins and Pondexter, but given Jeff Bower's draft history and the sting of Peterson's contract, I'm inclined to call this one of the best nights of the bunch.

Oh God... This tool gets paid to write this junk? Yeah they saved themselves money, exactly what a team needs when you have one of the best PG's in the L.

Philadelphia 76ers: Evan Turner(notes)

I can gripe about his less-than-stellar athleticism and his similarity to Andre Iguodala(notes) for the rest of your Friday, but the bottom line stays the same. Philadelphia just drafted Evan Turner. That's a good thing. Could be a great thing.

I love Turner, and I think he's good for Philly, but is he saying that Turner isn't a good athlete? He's not Josh Smith or Iguodala, but give me a break.

Someone get me a gig /w Yahoo!, I can write better crap than this wanker.
That was absolutely painful to read.  Can we concoct a way to get him fired?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

The NBA: Where "the-offseason-is-borderline-embarrassing-and-teams-are-willing-to-risk-setting-their-organizations-back-10 years-by-revolving-around-a-few-free-agents" happens.

It's a terrible precedent.

ive lost alot of respect for lebron james man. the way he has handled this is horrible. presentations??? o rly? This dude has one huge ego... i dont know whats sadder. the teams gambling on him or lebron himself for making this whole offseason look like a traveling circus....

dude needs to go to college...

Let's just get to July 1st so, I can tell you that Lebron ain't winning a championship in NJ/NY/CLEV. I think his only shot is in Chicago or Miami, other than that it will take a year or two. Cleveland will be a longer shot because of who they might bring back.

KP getting fired is the stupidest thing Paul Allen might ever do, how you going to fired someone who build you one of the top teams now and for the future. When that news broke at the Wolves draft party I started chanting "Fire Kahn, hire
Pritchard" one dude gave me a head nod in approval
laugh.gif

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67482/20100627/bosh_says_miami_in_top_contention/[/h2]
[h2]Bosh Says Miami In 'Top Contention'[/h2]
Bosh_Chris_tor_091129.jpg

Jun 27, 2010 9:46 AM EST

mia_40.gif
ChrisBosh said that the Heat is in "top contention" to sign him as a freeagent this summer, while noting that he is not interested in playingcenter.

"Everybody pretty much is on an even playing field until I hear whatthey have to say," Bosh said. "I want to see things for myself, howthey run everything, what their ideas are."

Bosh "dismissed" a report from Yahoo! Sports that claimed he wouldcertainly follow LeBron James to Chicago should James decide to jointhe Bulls.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ive_sees_lebron_bosh_to_chicago_as_done_deal/[/h2]
[h2]Executive Sees LeBron, Bosh To Chicago As 'Done Deal'[/h2]
Jun 27, 2010 7:08 AM EST

chi_40.gif
AnNBA executive told The New York Times that, based on discussions withother team officials, he believes that LeBron James and Chris Bosh havealready decided to sign with the Bulls.

In that case, James' meetings with teams this coming week would be merely a formality.

"I think it's a done deal," the executive said about James departing Cleveland for Chicago and taking Bosh with him.

The Bulls are not likely to hold room for two maximum-salarycontracts once next season's salary cap is set, but they may be withinstriking distance of that goal.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67484/20100627/bosh_says_he_wont_play_center/[/h2]
[h2]Bosh Says He Won't Play Center[/h2]
Jun 27, 2010 9:57 AM EST

tor_40.gif
Chris Bosh says he isn't open to playing center next season, should he sign with a new team as a free agent.

"The thing I said when I came into free agency is I'm going to be aforward," Bosh said. "I'm going to play my natural position."

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67486/20100627/knicks_high_on_joe_johnsons_list/[/h2]
[h2]Knicks High On Joe Johnson's List[/h2]
Jun 27, 2010 10:11 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Chris Broussard of ESPN is reporting that the Knicks are high on Joe Johnson's list of potential free-agent destinations.

"Plugged-in sources saying Knicks high on Joe Johnson's list of teams," Broussard wrote on his Twitter page.

The Knicks have enough cap room to sign two max-level free agentsand Johnson might be an option should LeBron James and Dwyane Wade signelsewhere.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67487/20100627/heat_still_want_to_re_sign_haslem/[/h2]
[h2]Heat Still Want To Re-Sign Haslem[/h2]
Jun 27, 2010 12:20 PM EST

mia_40.gif
Heat forward Udonis Haslem said Saturday that the team is still very much interested in re-signing him.

Haslem will join Dwyane Wade in free agency on July 1.

He said Miami president Pat Riley told him recently that "he wants me here and will exhaust every option" to do so.

Haslem added that he didn't know if he'd take less money in order to stay.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._deal_with_dirk_then_explore_top_free_agents/[/h2]
[h2]Mavs Will Deal With Dirk, Then Explore Top Free Agents[/h2]
Jun 27, 2010 9:57 AM EST

dal_40.gif
TheMavericks plan to try to land a top free agent next month, but firstthey'll deal with re-signing All-Star forward Dirk Nowitzki.

Dallas doesn't have the cap room to sign a max-level free agentoutright, but they could work a sign-and-trade with a player's currentteam.

The Mavericks have their future first-round draft picks and contracts that can be used in such a deal.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67481/20100627/nets_add_sam_mitchell_to_coaching_staff/[/h2]
[h2]Nets Add Sam Mitchell To Coaching Staff[/h2]
Jun 27, 2010 9:41 AM EST

njn_40.gif
The Nets will add Sam Mitchell to head coach Avery Johnson's staff, according to league sources.

Mitchell coached the Raptors from 2004-08 and was the NBA's Coach of the Year in 2007.

He was fired by Toronto 17 games into the 2008-09 season.

John Loyer, longtime Nets assistant Tom Barrise and former playerPopeye Jones will also be on Johnson's staff. He will hire one moreassistant.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...o_teams_with_confirmed_interest_in_fernandez/[/h2]
[h2]Four Top Euro Teams With Confirmed Interest In Fernandez[/h2]
Jun 26, 2010 11:28 AM EST

por_40.gif
Rudy Fernandez has confirmed interest from Olympiacos SPORT, Regal FC Barcelona, Real Madrid and Unicaja, among many others.

Fernandez's preference, however, is to remain in the NBA.

If Fernandez is stuck with Portland or another team unattractive to him, Barcelona becomes the favorite.

Boston Celtics targeting Brad Miller with MLE.

Spoiler [+]
Sources: Celtics targeting Miller

The Boston Celtics have targeted center Brad Miller to sign in free agency, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Miller and guard Ray Allen are expected to be the Celtics’ two top priorities in free agency following the retirement of Rasheed Wallace and a knee injury to Kendrick Perkins.

The Celtics have their midlevel exception available to sign the 34-year-old Miller, who has the versatility to play the power forward and center positions. Several contenders are expected to pursue Miller, but sources say the chance to play for the defending Eastern Conference champions has significant appeal to him.

The departure of Wallace clears $13 million off the Celtics’ books over the next two seasons and leaves them with a gaping hole on their frontline. Perkins tore ligaments in his right knee in Game 6 of the NBA Finals and faces a lengthy rehabilitation process.

Despite durability issues during his career, Miller played 82 games for the Chicago Bulls last season and could give the Celtics a rugged presence with an inside-outside offensive game.

The Celtics are still confident coach Doc Rivers will return for the final year of his contract, and he plans to make a decision this week on whether he will be back or join his family in Orlando.

Rivers has acted like a coach who plans to return. He participated in the Celtics’ draft preparation, and he had been working with general manager Danny Ainge to prepare for the start of free agency on Thursday. He has also had conversations with prospective candidates to replace Tom Thibodeau on his coaching staff, but that hire is on hold.

Rivers had meetings planned with close associates this week to discuss his future. He also traveled to San Antonio over the weekend to watch his son, Austin, one of the best high school players in the country, compete for USA Basketball in an under-18 tournament.

I might be wrong but maybe LeBron and his "team" is putting it out there that he has CHI as his #1 option to throw ppl off to where he really wants to sign (NYK/MIA/NJN)

Originally Posted by h3at23

I might be wrong but maybe LeBron and his "team" is putting it out there that he has CHI as his #1 option to throw ppl off to where he really wants to sign (NYK/MIA/NJN)

that's what it seems like, these dudes came out of NOWHERE as the "front runners" Miami has been talked about since this past NBA season though i remember when they played on ESPN (d wade dunk on varajao) and dudes was saying Lebron is either gonna go to MIA with riley and dominate the league or go to the Knicks and rekindle the MIA and NY rivalry from the 90's

That evaluation of our draft is stupid.

So, if we already have one SG in OJ, we don't need another one to back him up? OJ suppose to play all 48 minutes huh?

Draft grades the day after a draft might be the most idiotic thing I've ever come across.

It basically means, if you get two first round picks, you're getting a good grade.

Like, I think back to when in 2005 NFL Draft the Vikings selected WR Troy Williamson (#7 overall) and then DE Erasmus James (#18 overall) and we received an 'A' from Mel Kiper because we had a good draft. Like I said, grading draft picks right after they have been made has absolutely no logic whatsoever. Where are both those guys now? 4 years after they were selected they both bottomed out. Done. Washed up. So much for that 'A' Mel....

[h1]Chris Bosh says Miami Heat is in `top contention' to land him[/h1]

Heat_Raptors_Basketbal_NSD108.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh reacts after making a basket in the final seconds of the game as Miami Heat forward Jermaine O'Neal looks on during second-half NBA game action on Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2010, in Toronto.
NATHAN DENETTE / AP

clear.gif

[h3]By BARRY JACKSON[/h3][h3]
[/h3]
Chris Bosh told us Saturday he hasn't decided what team he will sign with but is seriously considering Miami and expects to meet with Heat officials after free agency starts July 1. Also Saturday, Yahoo.com reported the Heat will be one of six teams granted a meeting with LeBron James.

Asked if the Heat has as good a chance at landing him as any team, Bosh said yes but that he will not decide until he has met with suitors that interest him.

``Miami is in top contention,'' Bosh said during a quiet moment at DJ Irie's charity golf tournament in Miami Beach. ``With the money they have, the cap space they have, the rights on Dwyane [Wade], him possibly staying. And just having a good organization; they are known as a first-class organization. Dwyane is going to be one of the greatest players in the history of the game when it's said and done.''

But asked whether he would be willing to play center should the Heat keep Michael Beasley and/or re-sign Udonis Haslem, Bosh said, ``The thing I said when I came into free agency is I'm going to be a forward. I'm going to play my natural position.''

Should Bosh sign with Miami, those sentiments could increase the chance of Beasley being dealt, despite Pat Riley's comment that he will not trade Beasley to clear cap space. The Heat believes Beasley can play some small forward but views him primarily as a power forward.

If Bosh signs, it also means the Heat will need a center in free agency, with Brendan Haywood or re-signing Joel Anthony among the options. Among power forwards, Bosh is Miami's top preference, with Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer also on its radar.

One concern for Heat fans is Toronto receiving a sign-and-trade offer for Bosh that's more enticing than what Miami has to offer (Beasley, future draft picks), unless a third team is involved. Bosh could make $125 million over six years if he re-signs with Toronto (to stay or more likely for purposes of a sign-and-trade), or $97 million over five years otherwise.

Is it important to him to have the bigger deal? ``That's definitely something to consider -- that's a part of the chaos of this,'' he said, not ruling out signing with a team outright. If he does push for a sign-and-trade, ``that kind of cuts the number of teams down that can actually do a sign-and-trade that would work.''

Bosh dismissed a Yahoo.com report quoting a source as saying he would sign with Chicago if James signs there. But the Bulls are a contender for him.

Bosh said he will take recruiting trips, including one to the Heat ``at some point'' after Wednesday: ``Everybody pretty much is on an even playing field until I hear what they have to say. I want to see things for myself, how they run everything, what their ideas are.''

Bosh said determining his future has been ``very tough because there are so many things to consider. I want to win. I want to be happy. I just have to be patient. But it's hard to be patient. You drive yourself crazy a little bit. But if I didn't feel nervous, I'd be worried.''

Yahoo.com's report on James said the Heat, Nets, Knicks, Bulls, Clippers and Cavaliers will meet with him and his staff in Akron, Ohio, on Thursday, or soon after. The report deemed the Bulls the favorite but said the Heat and Nets will make a ``strong push.''

WoW, this is getting ridiculous:

[h2]LeBron James Turns Up The Volume On Free Agency With His New Headphones Line[/h2]
June 27, 2010 5:00 PM ET

ny_ap_lebron_jayz1_576.jpg

AP Photo/Andy Kropa
LeBron and Jay-Z will compete for headphones supremacy.

Guess what Knicks fans -- now you can listen to Jadakiss rap about LeBron coming to New York in a pair of brand new Bron-Bron headphones! Monster Cable Products Inc. CEO Noel Lee told the Associated Press that James will be launching his own headphones line. What will they cost? No price tag has been assigned as of yet, but buyers should be aware that this is the same company that sells Lady Gaga headphones for $119.95 ... and LeBron is a much better basketball player than Lady Gaga.
http://

In case you weren't aware, this isn't LeBron's first stint in the headphones business. King James is part of Skullcandy's NBA Player Series that features eight different players' headphones. However, there's actually nine different pairs to be purchased because Kobe has a black pair and white pair -- you know, for home and away games. If you check out the headphones, you'll notice LeBron's are pretty uninspiring compared to Deron Williams' or Andre Iguodala's pair. It's likely LeBron got fed up playing second fiddle to D-Will and A.I. and opted for an upgrade through Monster.

James' decision to join Monster may also spell bad news for Nets fans. Earlier this year, Jay-Z partnered up with Skullcandy to release his own line of headphones. If LeBron was considering signing with New Jersey this offseason, wouldn't he want to be on the same headphones label as one of the Nets owners (Jay-Z)?

If you were curious, Monster' headquarters are based in San Francisco, just a few hundred miles from Los Angeles. The Clippers are supposed to be major players in the free agent market this summer and in case you didn't hear, billionaire music/entertainment mogul David Geffen has interest in purchasing the Clipps. We're not trying to spread rumors, but a headphones line based out in Cali could be a step in Clippers' direction.

I'll be so glad when all this free agency hoopla is all over.

laugh.gif
i have NO IDEA what our roster is gonna look like
chalmers
wade
beasley
haslem
bosh
wright?
Joe Johnson?
bell?
felton?
qrich?

laugh.gif
i have NO IDEA what our roster is gonna look like
chalmers
wade
beasley
haslem
bosh
wright?
Joe Johnson?
bell?
felton?
qrich?

I'd be tight as hell if I was a Knicks fan and the team ended up with Amar'e and Joe Johnson. Both players will obviously get the max, but those are not two guys that will deliver a championship. Expectations are going to be through the roof in NY, and after all the posturing done by Walsh, the best that they may end up with are these two guys.....
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom