* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

[h1]Jay-Z expected to be among first to visit LeBron[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 57 minutes ago

LeBron James(notes) is planning to invite six teams to meet him over the first three days of free agency, and rap mogul Jay-Z and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov will be part of a New Jersey Nets contingent that will make the first presentation on July 1 in the Akron, Ohio, area, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

James and his advisors plan to have the Nets, New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers make presentations. Yahoo! Sports first reported on Thursday night that James would be taking appointments with teams on July 1 to begin his free-agency process.

The Bulls have emerged as the favorites for James, and the Heat and Nets are making a strong push, too. The Knicks and Clippers appear to be longer shots to sign James. The Cavaliers remain a viable choice because of James’ seven seasons there and the opportunity for him to make as much as $30 million more re-signing with his hometown team.

The Nets are hoping the global might of Jay-Z – an idol and mentor to James – and Prokhorov can appeal to James’ desire to be a billionaire athlete with an international platform and profile.

Nets general manager Rod Thorn and coach Avery Johnson will also make the trip, but Thorn has decided to leave his job and retire in July. He hasn’t been happy with the pay cut the new owner has offered, and he also feels that at 69 years old his appetite for the job’s grind has diminished.

Nets ownership will try to move quickly on a replacement, and sources say potential targets will include Oklahoma City GM Sam Presti, New Orleans GM Jeff Bower and San Antonio Spurs GM R.C. Buford. Nets assistant GM Bobby Marks, who has drawn interest in the Portland Trail Blazers’ search, is a strong candidate, too.

The Nets are planning to move into a new Brooklyn arena after playing the next two seasons at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

i still want Lebron on the nets
laugh.gif
but it wont happen....maybe.

jay-z is filthy rich, he should just pay lebron extra under the table
wink.gif

Yeah that makes sense.

Jay-Z would be the one to go out of pocket, the man who owns a small percent of the team... not the new billionaire majority owner.

Originally Posted by BangDak

If i were them, i'd take on Okafor's bad contract for Dampier, and take in NO's + Orlando's future first round picks.

Sure, it might be late 20s, but it'll be a good way to start rebuilding. They need another centerpiece around Dirk. Sure, hes got a few more years left since he doesnt really use his athleticism, but they need to start planning for the future, and fast.
I don't know how sold I am on draft picks anymore TBH when it comes to our team.

In recent memory, we've had ONE good rookie that wasn't in the lottery, and Devin we got because we got lucky in a lopsided trade, in which in-turn we made another lopsided trade.. (We traded NVE [who fell off immediately after we traded him], Avery Johnson, Popeye Jones and Evan Eschmeyer (sp?), for Jamison, Fortson, Welsch, and Chris Mills)

Then we got Stack and Devin for Jamison, both were lucky deals.

We traded our 2008/2010 picks to NJ as part of our deal to get Jason Kidd (who has played well here, I have no problems with him and how he's played)... The players they drafted? Ryan Anderson and Jordan Crawford. Now I don't really know much about Crawford, and Anderson is a decent player, but my thoughts on late 20's draft picks? VERY expendable. We straight up BOUGHT the 25th pick (which was higher than what we were going to get anyways if we hadn't traded Kidd and would've got the same record).

A lot of people love draft picks, and I'd say upto 20, you're usually in good shape, but with the direction of this team, we don't need young kids, we want to try and get some guys with seasoning under their belts, and guys who can endure an 82-game season.

2003 we got Josh Howard (29) and Marquis Daniels (und), good scouting? Maybe. Devin as I said was from a trade where we hopped high in the lottery (only him, Jameer and Dwight have been the only All-stars of that draft), and since didn't have a draft pick higher than 24. We can get a value pick late if we want it, that's what we did for Beaubois. Beaubois we were targeting from the beginning, it was made very clear from Donnie and the front office. Late 20's CAN be nice, but unless we're going to draft a high pick, I'd rather have a roster spot taken by a veteran (even a Tim Thomas who played well while he was here).

If there is someone out there we could use, we can always make a small deal to just into the first round like we did last night.

Emeka has been very good at staying on the court the past few years,but those first few years still worry me a bit where he was constantlyinjured. That contract is NOT sexy at all either. Four more years, 52 million? Way too much if he's not even going to be our third best player on the floor IMO. Our defense from our Centers has been sufficient all along, ever since early 2000s when we got Dampier I've been SATISFIED. Definitely not overwhelmed with glee with our centers on the offensive end, but we would be so much more dangerous if we could get a big that could handle the ball on the inside.

If we're going to deal for a Center (and I'm not saying any of these guys are on the market), I'd make my list VERY narrow. Kaman, Nene, Marc Gasol, and probably Bogut. I left a lot of names off purely because they're untouchable (Dwight, Lopez).

There are tons of mid-level Centers I wouldn't mind trying to go for like Gortat, Antonio McDyess, guys like that, but if we're going to trade away our hugest asset? No way.

The entire plan all-along with Dampier's contract was to lure a big name, a near-max contract guy. We've compiled assets like Beaubois, and veteran talent, so if a team say like Cleveland wanted to make a S+T and not completely lose out on LeBron, while LeBron still gets the money he wants (I believe LBJ can get a deal for max and then get traded in a S+T), it doesn't leave someone like CLE completely empty handed. The way Damp's contract works is basically they can cut him and he wouldn't have to be paid any of that money that's due. It's a loophole we can take advantage of, similar to how we signed KVH to a contract to get the Kidd trade done.

I don't believe we'll make that kind of trade, BUT that's what the Dampier Ultimate S+T (DUST) chip has been made so popular, because it gives us so much flexibility if we could lure a big-name here. I'll be satisfied if it's a 10-13 million dollar guy we go after and get, sounds good to me, as long as he's worth that money. The thing with Dampier is too that he wants to play for Dallas, he's let that be known, so he'd most likely return here. Haywood? I hope so, I like what he brought to the team. If we can get those two back, and then lure a big FA? Excellent. If not? We'll have to fight the entire season. Donnie and the rest of the Mavs FO has made it clear they want to make some noise this off-season, and hopefully we can.

Word is Shaq wants to play for Dallas next year, and I wouldn't be completely opposed to that if he can get in the Phoenix shape he was in, although it'd make us older than dirt, and we're already old.
laugh.gif

We'll wait and see, it's really unexpected. For all we know, each guy could re-sign with his old team (although I see Bosh going to either MIA or CHI, I think he's done for sure in Toronto). I took a look at Miami's roster and was SHOCKED that they literally have like 3 guys. Beasley, Chalmers, and James Jones (who has a team option, which I heard they want to get rid of him). I wouldn't mind the Mavs going after a guy like Haslem or JO either (even though Haslem is a PF and we don't really need it).

Haywood and Tim Thomas (who I think may be done in the NBA) are the only two guys who won't be back from last year (barring a trade), Haywood is the only big gaping hole. But the summer will be VERY interesting.

Atlanta (JJ), Boston (Ray Ray and potentially PP), Chi-Town, Cleveland, LAC, MIA, MIN, NJ, NY, Toronto and even Dallas could have dramatic shake-ups with their rosters from last year to this upcoming year.

Someone hit me up with that list of all the FA's.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yeah that makes sense.

Jay-Z would be the one to go out of pocket, the man who owns a small percent of the team... not the new billionaire majority owner.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's not like LeBron is a D-League player and Jay has a crapton more money than LBJ.

LBJ got more than enough money.

If you want some extra cash, you look to guys like Cuban.
laugh.gif

[h1]Six Teams To Make Presentations To LeBron[/h1]

Jun 26, 2010 2:59 AM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
LeBronJames and his advisors plan to have the Nets, New York Knicks,Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliersmake presentations.

Yahoo! Sports first reported on Thursday night that James would betaking appointments with teams on July 1 to begin his free-agencyprocess.

Jay-Z and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov will be part of a New Jersey Nets group to meet with LeBron.

The Bulls are now considered the favorites, with the Nets and the Heat making a strong push as well.

The Knicks and Clippers are currently considered longer shots to sign LeBron.

The Cavaliers remain in the picture, largely because LeBron is anOhio native and the franchise has the opportunity to offer a largercontract.

Via Yahoo!

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...o_make_presentations_to_lebron/#ixzz0rwkqgT89

This dude simmons is like the prototypical lebron stan.

Anyone remember him sayin that this year's cavs are like the 91 bulls and that they would steamroll everyone?

Now this guy and lebron stans are saying that the cavs are full of scrubs and that if lebron has a 6-24 night they get blown out by 30
eyes.gif

I expect the same things if he signs with the bulls. 2011 CHAMPIONS! BOOK IT!

Rose and  Bosh will take him to the next level cause they are proven players
laugh.gif

My man wrote me an essay
laugh.gif

Well, it all depends on your drafting team. (SA) is a great example. they get the BEST out of their value.

Yes, its better to get a all star with that contract, but ASSUMING hypothetically, i believe only the 2nd tier type of guys would come over to Dallas, (sugar ray, etc.)

still not bad, but i dont know if that puts them over the top. They need a CENTER if they want to bang inside the paint with LA, Boston, and Orlando.

The News
GM David Kahn indicated that he has met with Al Jefferson and told the big man that he will be traded once the Timberwolves find the right offer, according to the Star-Tribune.

Our View
Nothing will likely happen until the big free agents are all signed. At that point, the teams that lost our on the power forwards will likely give Kahn a ring. Jefferson is still very young and was an all-star prior to tearing his ACL in February of 2008. He averaged 17.1 points and 9.3 rebounds last season, but ACL injuries are typically of the two-year variety. Expect better production next season, no matter where he plays.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Ryan Gomes got waived by Portland...could be a fringe starter/backup forward for a good team.

We should get him back....Babbitt alone was WAY too much for Webster. I still am shaking my head about that one.

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

LOS ANGELES -- The NBA draft could be moving to Los Angeles next year and possibly the next three years as Madison Square Garden undergoes summer construction which won't be complete until 2014.

Tim Leiweke, President and CEO of AEG, said Monday he is currently talking to the league about holding the NBA draft at Staples Center or the Nokia Theatre next year and is hoping it will be a partnership that will last longer than that.

"We are talking to them and they are a high priority for us," said Leiweke. "They're comfortable here; they helped design our campus so it would be a perfect fit."

A league source says a timetable hasn't been set on announcing the location for next year's draft but chances are good the draft could be moving away from New York for the first time since 2001 as Madison Square Garden undergoes off-season construction.

"We've told them they can have it here for one, two, three years, whatever they need," Leiweke said. "We'll give them the flexibility that they need. We have a window that's open for [next year's NBA draft] so from a scheduling standpoint it works out well for us and them."

The NHL draft is being held at Staples Center on Friday and Saturday and Leiweke said the NBA is already looking at ways to utilize the LA Live campus during the draft as the NHL did this week.

"We have a tremendous relationship with the NBA so we stay in constant communication," he said. "They're aware of what we're doing this week and they're keeping an eye out on us and trying to see what the NHL did to activate the campus so I am extremely optimistic if the NBA makes a decision to move that we have a really good shot at getting them here."

Leiweke said he wasn't sure when he would know if the NBA draft would be coming to Los Angeles but said he would make the Staples Center and Nokia Theatre available to them and hopes a decision will be made by the time the NBA All-Star Game is held at Staples Center on Feb. 20.

If the NBA decides to move the draft to Los Angeles it would likely be held at the Nokia Theatre across the street from Staples Center. Nokia Theatre, a 7,100-seat venue, is more similar to the NBA draft's current home, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, which seats 5,600.

"The NBA could go into Nokia and it would actually be big for them compared to where they do it now or they could do it at Staples," Leiweke said. "It's their choice but we've made it clear to them that they could have either."

This better not happen
smh.gif

does anyone know the order of which teams will visit LeBron? I've heard the Nets will probably be first, and out of respect he will probably have the Cavs last.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Interesting... Third team for Okafor. Do the Mavs want Okafor now that Dampier and Haywood are about to be gone, JA? LOL.
Dampier is only going to be gone for a big FA.
wink.gif

I highly doubt we'd trade Dampier for Okafor, I'd think we'd shoot for something much higher.

okafor to hawks ? We need a center bad
nerd.gif

Sources: Blazers eye ex-Cavs GM Ferry

Former Cavaliers  general manager Danny Ferry has emerged as one of the first front-office targets of the Trail Blazers  after they abruptly fired Kevin Pritchard on draft night, according to sources with knowledge of Portland's thinking.

With no hope of successfully prying San Antonio's R.C. Buford or Oklahoma City's Sam Presti away from their respective clubs, Portland has Ferry high on its list of potential replacements for Pritchard, mere weeks after Ferry parted ways with the Cavaliers, sources told ESPN.com.

Blazers president Larry Miller told The Oregonian of Portland the search will begin in earnest Monday and that former Heat general manager Randy Pfund also is one of the names under consideration. The Oregonian reported that the Blazers also have interest in David Griffin, a former top aide in Phoenix to Steve Kerr.

Whether Ferry would be interested in such a quick return to the job -- especially after the seemingly vengeful manner of Pritchard's firing -- remains to be seen.

Ferry declined comment when reached via phone by ESPN.com.

The Blazers, like Dan Gilbert's Cavaliers, are a deep-pocketed organization known for giving their basketball people resources and the license to wheel and deal that many GMs envy.

But the apparent intent of Blazers owner Paul Allen to fire Pritchard in the most humbling manner possible -- about an hour before Thursday's draft began -- is expected to give pause to prospective replacements irrespective of the spending money Allen is known to provide his front-office executives.

Sources have maintained since it was announced June 4 that Ferry would not be receiving a new contract in Cleveland that Gilbert's desire to reclaim a more hands-on role in basketball decisions was a key factor in the split, along with Ferry's reluctance to fire coach Mike Brown.

Similar questions about autonomy are circulating about the Blazers' job in the wake of Pritchard's exit and persistent reports that Pritchard's popularity with Blazers fans actually hurt him with bosses who thought he received too much credit for Portland's consecutive 50-win seasons.

Miller said after the draft that Portland director of pro scouting Michael Born and director of college scouting Chad Buchanan will handle Pritchard's duties until a successor is found. Miller also told The Oregonian he is not under consideration for the job.

As shocking as the timing of his dismissal was, Pritchard's exit had been anticipated for weeks, despite his unquestioned role in the team's turnaround since the 2006 draft-day arrivals of Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge and despite the fact that he is under contract through next season.

Doubts about Pritchard's future in Portland began to circulate widely in mid-March, when top aide Tom Penn was fired in similarly abrupt fashion. Penn worked the NBA draft this week for ESPN as a salary-cap expert.

The Oregonian reported Thursday that Allen instructed Pritchard to run the Blazers' draft-night operations after being informed of his firing. Miller told reporters in Portland that Pritchard asked to run Portland's draft-night operations and was allowed to do so.

"I would hope that the fans would trust that we're going to do everything we can to make this organization better, because that's what we're going to do," Miller told reporters in Portland. "The goal is to win a championship here and bring a championship to the city of Portland."

Regarding Pritchard specifically, Miller said: "I'm not going to get into the details about what transpired or why. But I would say the process itself took a lot of things into consideration and at the end of the day the decision was made that it was time to go a different direction."

Besides Portland's front-office opening, Phoenix is looking for replacements for Kerr and Griffin, and the New Jersey Nets will be looking for a new front-office chief, with Rod Thorn reportedly stepping down July 15, according to ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5331287

Can't wait until CP posts about this.
laugh.gif

Sources: Blazers eye ex-Cavs GM Ferry

Former Cavaliers  general manager Danny Ferry has emerged as one of the first front-office targets of the Trail Blazers  after they abruptly fired Kevin Pritchard on draft night, according to sources with knowledge of Portland's thinking.

With no hope of successfully prying San Antonio's R.C. Buford or Oklahoma City's Sam Presti away from their respective clubs, Portland has Ferry high on its list of potential replacements for Pritchard, mere weeks after Ferry parted ways with the Cavaliers, sources told ESPN.com.

Blazers president Larry Miller told The Oregonian of Portland the search will begin in earnest Monday and that former Heat general manager Randy Pfund also is one of the names under consideration. The Oregonian reported that the Blazers also have interest in David Griffin, a former top aide in Phoenix to Steve Kerr.

Whether Ferry would be interested in such a quick return to the job -- especially after the seemingly vengeful manner of Pritchard's firing -- remains to be seen.

Ferry declined comment when reached via phone by ESPN.com.

The Blazers, like Dan Gilbert's Cavaliers, are a deep-pocketed organization known for giving their basketball people resources and the license to wheel and deal that many GMs envy.

But the apparent intent of Blazers owner Paul Allen to fire Pritchard in the most humbling manner possible -- about an hour before Thursday's draft began -- is expected to give pause to prospective replacements irrespective of the spending money Allen is known to provide his front-office executives.

Sources have maintained since it was announced June 4 that Ferry would not be receiving a new contract in Cleveland that Gilbert's desire to reclaim a more hands-on role in basketball decisions was a key factor in the split, along with Ferry's reluctance to fire coach Mike Brown.

Similar questions about autonomy are circulating about the Blazers' job in the wake of Pritchard's exit and persistent reports that Pritchard's popularity with Blazers fans actually hurt him with bosses who thought he received too much credit for Portland's consecutive 50-win seasons.

Miller said after the draft that Portland director of pro scouting Michael Born and director of college scouting Chad Buchanan will handle Pritchard's duties until a successor is found. Miller also told The Oregonian he is not under consideration for the job.

As shocking as the timing of his dismissal was, Pritchard's exit had been anticipated for weeks, despite his unquestioned role in the team's turnaround since the 2006 draft-day arrivals of Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge and despite the fact that he is under contract through next season.

Doubts about Pritchard's future in Portland began to circulate widely in mid-March, when top aide Tom Penn was fired in similarly abrupt fashion. Penn worked the NBA draft this week for ESPN as a salary-cap expert.

The Oregonian reported Thursday that Allen instructed Pritchard to run the Blazers' draft-night operations after being informed of his firing. Miller told reporters in Portland that Pritchard asked to run Portland's draft-night operations and was allowed to do so.

"I would hope that the fans would trust that we're going to do everything we can to make this organization better, because that's what we're going to do," Miller told reporters in Portland. "The goal is to win a championship here and bring a championship to the city of Portland."

Regarding Pritchard specifically, Miller said: "I'm not going to get into the details about what transpired or why. But I would say the process itself took a lot of things into consideration and at the end of the day the decision was made that it was time to go a different direction."

Besides Portland's front-office opening, Phoenix is looking for replacements for Kerr and Griffin, and the New Jersey Nets will be looking for a new front-office chief, with Rod Thorn reportedly stepping down July 15, according to ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5331287

Can't wait until CP posts about this.
laugh.gif

As a Blazers fan, I do not like Ferry as the first candidate. And I'm pissed at of how things went down. KP was cool...

Speaking of Kevin Pritchard. . .
Kevin Pritchard's open letter to Trail Blazers fans

Dear friends,

It's incredibly difficult to find the words toconvey just how lucky and grateful I am to have experienced what I havefor the past seven years with the Portland Trail Blazers, but I felt itwas important to try.

First and foremost, I want to thank andsalute Paul Allen. He is being unfairly characterized as a bad guy inall of this and that is completely inaccurate and totally unfair. We donot have Luke Babbitt, Elliot Williams, Armon Johnson and Ryan Gomeswithout an owner like Paul, just as we wouldn't have Brandon Roy,LaMarcus Aldridge, Nic Batum, Rudy Fernandez, Andre Miller or GregOden. He is a Blazers fan in every sense of the word and his onlymission is to bring another title to Portland. Like any relationshipours has had a few bumps and bruises, but I would not be where I amtoday without Paul and for that I am eternally grateful and foreverindebted to him.

Parting ways is not the end of the world.Ultimately, it may not be a bad thing at all, but right now I know theemotions are pretty raw. But it doesn't serve anyone to bash the TrailBlazers or Paul. It is after all a business of tough decisions. So, forthe sake of the players, coaches and everyone who believes in TrailBlazers basketball, let's turn the page, move on and keep our eye onthe prize.

None of this is to be taken too seriously. It is justbasketball. And, as strange as it may sound, none of the highlightsfrom the past seven years had to do with anything on the court; it waseverything off the court that meant the most to me. The little jibs andjabs with my co-workers and the media or enjoying dinner with great NBAfriends and counterparts or talking with a passionate fan in thegrocery store. In the end, it's all about sticking together and helpingeach other out.

Portlanders take great pride in their basketballteam and it's great to see that love and passion back. I'm glad I wasable to play a small part in making that happen, but understand ourcomeback was a total team effort led by our owner and not me.

Speakingof Portlanders, I want to thank our great fans. Everywhere I went forthe past seven years I received nothing but the most positive feedbackabout how much this city loves its team. I knew every night that westepped on the court at the Rose Garden that our fans would make thedifference and without question having the best fans in the NBA is ahuge advantage.

I'll always look back fondly on Portland and themany great memories and all the lasting relationships I made here. Yes,ultimately, I'm tearfully sad to be leaving Portland and incrediblydisappointed that I won't be able to help see this thing through to theend. But rest-assured wherever I end up I'll be keeping a close eye onPortland and cheering the team on because I will always consider myselfa Trail Blazer.

Thank you, Portland. You're the best. You have agreat owner, great players, a great coach, a great team president, agreat president emeritus and a great front office. In other words, youhave a great team and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Keep the faith.

Go Blazers!

Sincerely,
Kevin Pritchard
http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2010/06/kevin_pritchards_open_letter_t.html

Speaking of Kevin Pritchard. . .
Kevin Pritchard's open letter to Trail Blazers fans

Dear friends,

It's incredibly difficult to find the words to convey just how lucky and grateful I am to have experienced what I have for the past seven years with the Portland Trail Blazers, but I felt it was important to try.

First and foremost, I want to thank and salute Paul Allen. He is being unfairly characterized as a bad guy in all of this and that is completely inaccurate and totally unfair. We do not have Luke Babbitt, Elliot Williams, Armon Johnson and Ryan Gomes without an owner like Paul, just as we wouldn't have Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Nic Batum, Rudy Fernandez, Andre Miller or Greg Oden. He is a Blazers fan in every sense of the word and his only mission is to bring another title to Portland. Like any relationship ours has had a few bumps and bruises, but I would not be where I am today without Paul and for that I am eternally grateful and forever indebted to him.

Parting ways is not the end of the world. Ultimately, it may not be a bad thing at all, but right now I know the emotions are pretty raw. But it doesn't serve anyone to bash the Trail Blazers or Paul. It is after all a business of tough decisions. So, for the sake of the players, coaches and everyone who believes in Trail Blazers basketball, let's turn the page, move on and keep our eye on the prize.

None of this is to be taken too seriously. It is just basketball. And, as strange as it may sound, none of the highlights from the past seven years had to do with anything on the court; it was everything off the court that meant the most to me. The little jibs and jabs with my co-workers and the media or enjoying dinner with great NBA friends and counterparts or talking with a passionate fan in the grocery store. In the end, it's all about sticking together and helping each other out.

Portlanders take great pride in their basketball team and it's great to see that love and passion back. I'm glad I was able to play a small part in making that happen, but understand our comeback was a total team effort led by our owner and not me.

Speaking of Portlanders, I want to thank our great fans. Everywhere I went for the past seven years I received nothing but the most positive feedback about how much this city loves its team. I knew every night that we stepped on the court at the Rose Garden that our fans would make the difference and without question having the best fans in the NBA is a huge advantage.

I'll always look back fondly on Portland and the many great memories and all the lasting relationships I made here. Yes, ultimately, I'm tearfully sad to be leaving Portland and incredibly disappointed that I won't be able to help see this thing through to the end. But rest-assured wherever I end up I'll be keeping a close eye on Portland and cheering the team on because I will always consider myself a Trail Blazer.

Thank you, Portland. You're the best. You have a great owner, great players, a great coach, a great team president, a great president emeritus and a great front office. In other words, you have a great team and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Keep the faith.

Go Blazers!

Sincerely,
Kevin Pritchard
http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2010/06/kevin_pritchards_open_letter_t.html

he was told he was gonna get fired after the draft but still had to finish the draft, and he still leaves in a classy way... mad props....

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...es_admit_shopping_al_trade_impacted_by_darko/[/h2]
[h2]Wolves Admit Shopping Al, Trade Impacted By Darko[/h2]
Jefferson_Al_min_090123.jpg

Jun 26, 2010 11:22 AM EST

min_40.gif
David Kahn admitted on Friday that he is exploring a trade of Al Jefferson and the likelihood of a trade increases if the Wolves re-sign Darko Milicic.

"It's the right time finally for us to explore this," Kahn said of a possible Jefferson trade. "I've met with Al and discussed this. If Darko comes back, there could be a need to create some playing time. We really need to get our front line settled."

This makes me wonder if there's a deal already in place to trade him, but it can't be announced until after July. Saying which PF you are shopping (Love/Al) would probably be a significant disadvantage for the Timberwolves when it comes to receiving fair value for him.

Back
Top Bottom