* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Im Not You

The scary thing about LA...is that the roster tweaks they need to make are fairly minor.

A competent point guard, a young wing off the bench, and another big.
Some potential bargains that I want LA to look at are Kyle Lowry (reminds me of Fish but can't shoot), Shaun Livingston (played well but can't shoot and injury concerns), Dorell Wright (athletic, can defend and hit open threes).

Then of course there are the veterans like Tracy McGrady or Jermaine O'Neal that want a ring.

Just can't see Lowry. He makes terrible decisions still and don't see him as an improvement over Farmar. 

I do see Jermaine O'neal and Wright being a fit though. I'll like to see them make a play for Ridnour. I believe he can fill in that PG role nicely as a starter or off the bench.

Shaun Livingston and T-Mac would be excellent additions in LA. If Shaun can play at least 65 (including the playoffs) games next season...he'd be an absolute nightmare in the triangle.

You know what I really don't see how Bosh would work in LA, I'm not sure at this point in his career if he wants to go from being the number 1 option on a team to the number 3 option.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Young plays better at the 3, and Brand better off the bench.

IMO, still go for Turner. I'm loving that wing they would have, but they need to dump brand for like a 2nd round pick. Noic. as well
smh.gif
smh.gif
No, Young is better suited for the 4. He's a good starter for us. His improved jump shot helps spread the floor for our other players. Plus his post game has improved as well. Iguodala is our 3. Iggy has proved that he is much more effective at the 3 than the 2. We tried playing him at the SG two seasons ago. It did not work very well. He's not a good shooter. We are better off with Turner who has a shot at the 2 than Iguodala. Iggy is a great slasher on the offensive end & can catch the defense off guard with his cuts to the basket.

Originally Posted by Durden7

How is that team going to grab a rebound.

Thats basically a dummied-down version of the Suns offense.... and thats not pretty.

Turner is a bad pick for the Sixers.

That's something they are going have to work on. But they have used that lineup with Young at the 4 & Iggy at the 3. They were a good team when they had that lineup. Like I said before, I think Collins wants them to push the ball up the floor & get a lot of fast break points. Turner will be a good pick for us. We haven't had a decent SG since Iverson (pre Denver days). Turner will help spread the floor for everybody. The last thing we need is another big man clogging up the paint for us.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I really think the Sixers will take Evan Turner in the end, but I just don't get why they traded Samuel Dalembert. Still makes zero sense to me.
Tell me about it. We would have had his contract off the books at the end of next season. He does his job at the center postion (blocks shots, rebounds & not too many shots). I'm still scratching my head as to why we traded him. But then again our front office is horrible. We didn't resign Andre Miller, picked the wrong UCLA guard in last year's draft & paid Brand way too much damn money.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

The scary thing about LA...is that the roster tweaks they need to make are fairly minor.

Some potential bargains that I want LA to look at are Kyle Lowry (reminds me of Fish but can't shoot), Shaun Livingston (played well but can't shoot and injury concerns), Dorell Wright (athletic, can defend and hit open threes).

Then of course there are the veterans like Tracy McGrady or Jermaine O'Neal that want a ring.

Just can't see Lowry. He makes terrible decisions still and don't see him as an improvement over Farmar. 

I do see Jermaine O'neal and Wright being a fit though. I'll like to see them make a play for Ridnour. I believe he can fill in that PG role nicely as a starter or off the bench.

eek.gif
Why do you still hate on Lowry like that? True, he is wild at times, but he is always aggressive. Rebounds the ball for a PG and he goes to the line while shooting 80+%. Needs to develop a jumper, but 9pts/5assists/4rebs is pretty solid for a back-up PG. 

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

eek.gif
Why do you still hate on Lowry like that? True, he is wild at times, but he is always aggressive. Rebounds the ball for a PG and he goes to the line while shooting 80+%. Needs to develop a jumper, but 9pts/5assists/4rebs is pretty solid for a back-up PG. 

I'm sure under the right coach and system his decision making will improve somewhat, but I don't see LA going after a perimeter PG that can't shoot like Lowry or Livingston. 

They both have good skills that can help them in their system, but being able to shoot isn't one of them. 39% from the field just won't cut it. Lowry is probably more able to improve his shot than Livingston though. I would like to see them somehow get a pick in the draft and take Bledsoe. He's another Lowry who can actually shoot. Let him develop and he could possibly be a starter in a few years.

After checking the Sixers board on RealGM the Sixers insider there(he's 100% legit...one of the most respected ones on there) said the Sixers are NOT done trading yet.

They're supposedly eyeing Udoh/Aldrich via trade.

KG could've gone scoreless the entire fourth if it wasn't for miscommunication between the Lakers (Pau fronting with no help behind him and Pau/LO running at Sheed leaving him wide open).

I'm sure under the right coach and system his decision making will improve somewhat, but I don't see LA going after a perimeter PG that can't shoot like Lowry or Livingston. 

They both have good skills that can help them in their system, but being able to shoot isn't one of them. 39% from the field just won't cut it. Lowry is probably more able to improve his shot than Livingston though. I would like to see them somehow get a pick in the draft and take Bledsoe. He's another Lowry who can actually shoot. Let him develop and he could possibly be a starter in a few years.
I don't really see Lowry as a horrible decision maker. Considering he comes off the bench to back-up Aaron Brooks and gets almost same amount of assists with a lot less turnovers, most teams would be happy to have him as their back-up PG. Farmar and Shannon Brown are definitely a step lower than Lowry as back-up PGs as well. I hate to say this, but Lowry is even comparable to Mike Conley. You might bring up Conley's late season's improvements as usual, but statistically, they are quite similar for the season. Lowry got injured at the end of the season as well. I believe the Rockets will try to re-sign Lowry no matter what unless there is a Bosh deal or something.    

This forum will be much nicer next week when there aren't 15 Kobe/Laker threads on page 1 run by morons and 200 haters in there like fireman tryin to piss on every comment/post/stat/breakdown/made up story that's talked about. 
smh.gif

Can't wait to get back to normal, see ya'll next week. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

After checking the Sixers board on RealGM the Sixers insider there(he's 100% legit...one of the most respected ones on there) said the Sixers are NOT done trading yet.

yup. sixerfan1976 is legit. udoh is supposebly the guy they want now, and they might be willing to trade thad for him

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by franchise3

Sixers official website accidently put up a pic of Turner, with the caption of the Sixers draft Evan Turner. It's down now.

So, Turner #2. But we knew that.
Yeah we know Turner is going #2, but what you said sounds weird? The people running the website have the inside scoop? Seems odd. Where'd you hear that? Or did you see it?

It happens kind of a lot more than you think.

[h1]NBA: Darius Miles attempts another comeback after knee injury[/h1]

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — On the same day as Game 7 of the NBA finals, Darius Miles is running the floor alongside several players who have never been in the NBA and perhaps never will.

Itwas hardly the place for a former No. 3 overall pick in the draft. Butfollowing what was once called a "career-ending" knee injury andoff-court problems, Miles is determined to overcome the rustiness andhis balky knee to play in the NBA again.

If it requires being agrunt in the Charlotte Bobcats' obscure free-agent camp the same weekthe league crowns a champion, so be it.

"For a guy like him tocome in this kind of setting speaks well for him," Bobcats coach LarryBrown said. "It shows you how much he wants to play."

For Milesit's simple. He's worked on his jump shot, still feels he has thequickness that made him so difficult to guard, and he has incentive toovercome the obstacles that have left him out of the league for morethan a year.

"My son is 2 years old and he's never got a chanceto see me play. I want him to get the experience of being in an arena,"Miles said. "I'm 28 years old. I've got at least five or six good yearsleft in me if my body holds up. I just want to be part of something,part of something that means something."

That seemed certain in2001 when Miles became the first player to come straight from highschool to make the NBA's All-Rookie team. Known for his tremendousathletic ability, the 6-foot-9 Miles missed only one game in his firsttwo seasons with the Los Angeles Clippers.

Soon, though, troublefound Miles. After two years in Cleveland, Miles was traded toPortland. He averaged double figures in points in each of his threeseasons there, but also clashed with Trail Blazers coach MauriceCheeks. He then injured his right knee late in the 2005-06 season, whenhe averaged a career-best 14 points in 40 games.

Miles spent thenext two years out of the league after undergoing risky microfracturesurgery in November 2006. Soon an independent doctor determined Mileshad suffered a career-ending injury, allowing the Blazers to shed $18million off their salary cap.

Miles, though, wouldn't retire, and began working on reinventing his game.

"Ihad a God-gift (talent) and never thought it would be taken away fromme," Miles said. "I probably would have never worked on my jump shot.Like never, because I can always get to the basket and jump higher thaneverybody. But it got to the point where you can't do that anymore soyou've got to work on your jumper."

Portland's salary cap reliefplan was foiled when Miles and his newfound shooting stroke signed withMemphis early in the 2008-09 season. He had to sit out 10 games forviolating the league's substance abuse policy, but finished the seasonwith the Grizzlies.

But Miles ran into further legal troublesoon after the season ended when he was arrested in Illinois on amarijuana possession charge. The Grizzlies decided not to re-sign him.

Miles hasn't resurfaced in the NBA since, yet he's confident after undergoing another knee surgery last year.

"Mybody is back," he said after a workout at Time Warner Cable Arena thisweek. "It's been three, four years since I've been healthy. This time Itook off I really just kind of worked on getting my body healed."

Charlotte'sBrown never forgot about Miles, whose long, athletic frame feedsBrown's craving of players who can play multiple positions.

"It's been 10 years I've been trying to get him in a gym," Brown said. "Finally did it."

AddedMiles: "Coach Brown, he's always been supportive of me. It's funnybecause every time I used to play against him he was always, 'I want tocoach you.' I thought it would never happen. It's crazy that it'shappened this way."

While Brown said Miles is in decent shape,he's still a long way from earning a roster spot. The good news forMiles is that owner Michael Jordan has been watching the workouts thisweek. Charlotte has roster openings for next season, and Miles couldget an invite to training camp by signing a non-guaranteed contract.

"WhateverI've got to do to get on the team or whatever, whatever they need me todo," Miles said. "Like a lot of situations, I was used to being thefirst or second option. Coming to a situation like this, it's new forme, being in a free agent camp and all this stuff.

"I'm just trying to listen and learn and follow the lead."

— The Associated Press

I don't really see Lowry as a horrible decision maker. Considering he comes off the bench to back-up Aaron Brooks and gets almost same amount of assists with a lot less turnovers, most teams would be happy to have him as their back-up PG. Farmar and Shannon Brown are definitely a step lower than Lowry as back-up PGs as well. I hate to say this, but Lowry is even comparable to Mike Conley. You might bring up Conley's late season's improvements as usual, but statistically, they are quite similar for the season. Lowry got injured at the end of the season as well. I believe the Rockets will try to re-sign Lowry no matter what unless there is a Bosh deal or something.    

Its still debatable with him and Conley until Conley can have a full season of productive basketball.

And I didn't say he wasn't a good backup, I think he's a damn good backup. I just don't see him being somebody LA needs as their backup unless he improves his shot.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

yup. sixerfan1976 is legit. udoh is supposebly the guy they want now, and they might be willing to trade thad for him
So the Sixers gave up Dalembert only to have plans of drafting a younger Dalembert?  It's not even saving them money as they took on Nocioni's tuuuurrible contract. 

Holiday/Iggy/Turner/Brand/Udoh...Yea, welcome to the 2011 lottery.

Best of luck to Darius... If the right situation, he could come off the bench & contribute in some way or another.

Well nobody said anything about Philly winning the east
laugh.gif

Team isn't close to being a threat yet. Never will be until they get rid of the other Eds.

Eh, maybe its just me.

ive always felt that both Iggy and Thad Y always played better when each other were off the courts (both playing the 3), but thats just me.

If philly can get down to like #7 (Detroit/Pacers at 10? since those are the only teams willingly to give up their picks), i wouldnt mind seeing something like Jrue-Iggy-Brand-Udoh lineup.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by Buc Em

So the Sixers gave up Dalembert only to have plans of drafting a younger Dalembert?  It's not even saving them money as they took on Nocioni's tuuuurrible contract. 

Holiday/Iggy/Turner/Brand/Udoh...Yea, welcome to the 2011 lottery.
Aside from the fact that they both block a lot of shots, Udoh and Dalembert are nothing alike. Udoh has an extremely high basketball IQ, can handle the ball, hit the mid-range, doesn't take bad shots and is a great teammate. He's like the anti-Dalembert. Turner will be playing shooting guard and I think you can expect Hawes to get the start at the 5, although Brand, Speights, Udoh/Aldrich will all be getting minutes there. Lou, Meeks, Nocioni, Speights and Udoh sounds like a pretty good bench to me. Jrue is gonna be a heck of a player too I've heard a bunch of hate on here regarding him but I think he's going to have big year. Cleveland and Charlotte probably won't be in the playoffs next year and who knows about Atlanta if they lose Joe. I think you can add Philly and New York to the playoffs next season.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...xers_accidentally_reveal_pick_will_be_turner/[/h2]
[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...xers_accidentally_reveal_pick_will_be_turner/[/h1]
[h1]Sixers Accidentally Reveal Pick Will Be Turner?[/h1]

Jun 18, 2010 3:03 PM EST

The Sixers official team site may have tipped the front office's hand on their selection with the second overall pick.

An image of the results draft board showed a Photoshopped version with John Wall being selected by the Wizards, followed by Evan Turner by the Sixers.

Right on Franchise.

Edit: Picture of it-
sixersscreen-tz-420.jpg

And am i the only one who thinks if Lowry was still on the Grizz, BHZ would be praising him like no tomorrow?
laugh.gif

I can see the Pacers accepting a trade of maybe Lou Wills + Meeks? (i feel like Philly might be losing out on this deal) for that pick for Udoh?

I'll like that starting lineup though. The bench might be a bit lacking though.

Jrue-Turner-Iggy-Brand-Hawes
Noic-Young-Speights-Udoh.

Eh.

Originally Posted by CP1708

This forum will be much nicer next week when there aren't 15 Kobe/Laker threads on page 1 run by morons and 200 haters in there like fireman tryin to piss on every comment/post/stat/breakdown/made up story that's talked about. 
smh.gif

Can't wait to get back to normal, see ya'll next week. 
pimp.gif
It's beyond awful.

Half the threads on the first page are either about Kobe and the Lakers, or asking random questions like "What does T-Mac do now?", that's really thread worthy?  People need to start posting their random thoughts or questions in the actual season/offseason threads, and half the Kobe/Laker stuff is the same conversation just worded differently it seems, or it's been discussed in the past.

I said it earlier, but NT should close the Sports forum for 3 days after a major championship, big trade, or anything important.  Let people calm down, actually think, and not just be prisoners of the moment.

Back
Top Bottom