* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

While I do like Johnson...taking him at #2????? The entire city of Philly would be lining up to try and body Ed Stefanski.
laugh.gif

is there anywhere in this thread that has the full list of restricted and unrestricted free agents?

Sorry guys I'll try to keep the first page updated with the moves as much as I can.

Yao has the option to opt out. Like how Dirk is about to do (albeit resign) Yao isn't going to opt out though, and he's gonna play this year and then become a FA.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

While I do like Johnson...taking him at #2????? The entire city of Philly would be lining up to try and body Ed Stefanski.
laugh.gif

I wonder if they're thinking about trading Iggy for Wes.....

vandy0925 wrote:Hey guys, 

Member of Cavs press here. Have good source that says Cavs, 76ers and Sac will be involved in a 3-way deal the day before or of the draft. Major pieces are Cle sending Mo to Sac for Udrih and 5th pick, then shipping 5th pick to Philly along with Danny Green and expiring package (mainly Delonte's non-guaranteed contract and Telfair) for Iguodala. Really more like 2 separate deals, unclear to me if Philly and Sac will be swapping any more pieces

Originally Posted by Buc Em

vandy0925 wrote:Hey guys, 

Member of Cavs press here. Have good source that says Cavs, 76ers and Sac will be involved in a 3-way deal the day before or of the draft. Major pieces are Cle sending Mo to Sac for Udrih and 5th pick, then shipping 5th pick to Philly along with Danny Green and expiring package (mainly Delonte's non-guaranteed contract and Telfair) for Iguodala. Really more like 2 separate deals, unclear to me if Philly and Sac will be swapping any more pieces
I hope this doesn't happen. This is a terrible trade for Philly. 3 very very sub-par players for 1 very good one.
mad.gif
smh.gif
at Philly for even entertaining this offer.

^ I don't think it's bad for Philly, they end up getting the #2 and #5 picks in the draft. Turner and Cousins
eek.gif

I dont believe it. Surprisingly, some NT'er actually "made" this trade in his mock draft that he posted somewhere around here.

This only sounds good for Clev. and maybe Philly to get that #5 pick, but i wouldnt say it'd be worth it to dump Iggy. They could get waaay better offers then that.

And another thing, I assume Doug Collins does not want to go through a full scale rebuild and waste 2-3 years. So it wouldn't make sense to trade their best player.

Plus that horrible contract of his but I say we don't trade Iguodala if we can't get rid of Brand also

Originally Posted by Durden7

Why do you guys listen to trade talk before a draft?

Its pointless.  I dont get it.

...So that we can discuss our thoughts, etc on it?

As much as I'd love Mo Williams on the Kings, I'd rather have Cousins. If he's gone, sure I'll do the trade. Would management still do the trade? I doubt it. They traded away Hawes seemingly with the intent on drafting a center at 5, and it's looking like Monroe is their guy (2 workouts, 1 individual) if Cousins is gone. I don't see the Kings pulling the trigger here.

So you can discuss your thoughts on a made up, very likely wont happen, purely speculation trade?  Again.... its pointless.

Monroe at the 5?
laugh.gif

He's not as big, and fast to guard bigger centers like Dwight, Shaq, etc.

And discussing pure speculation is pretty pointless, but it builds up the hype, and makes you excited for draft days.

Whats the point of mock drafts? they're not real? they're purely speculation right? it's all for fun. relax.

Originally Posted by JPZx

^ I don't think it's bad for Philly, they end up getting the #2 and #5 picks in the draft. Turner and Cousins
eek.gif

I think Philly gets an A+ on this trade if they pull this off, Cleveland gets a B and Sac would get a big fat
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
if it all went down.

Philly accomplishes what they've been trying to do all along; dumping Iggy's @$#$ contract and rebuilding through the draft (
eek.gif
smh.gif
@ the #2+#5 Picks)
Cleveland at least gets a marginal #1 option and possibly a really exciting 2-3 tandom with Lebron. Plus they get to send Mo Williams the $$$* away from Cleveland.
And Sacramento............................................... not really sure what we accomplish. I mean I am/was all for dumping $%*!!+ contracts, but not at the expense of a draft pick and gaining another $%*!!+ contract of a piece of @$#$ player. SMH. Perhaps if we got Cleveland's 1st rd pick and a few 2nd rounders some how, someway?!?

IDK i feel like we're giving up the #5 for a whole lot of nothing.
frown.gif
either that or I'm just salty that Philly could end up with the 2 + 5 pick
laugh.gif

So you can discuss your thoughts on a made up, very likely wont happen, purely speculation trade?  Again.... its pointless.
laugh.gif
  It's not that serious.

Back
Top Bottom