* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

After checking the Sixers board on RealGM the Sixers insider there(he's 100% legit...one of the most respected ones on there) said the Sixers are NOT done trading yet.

They're supposedly eyeing Udoh/Aldrich via trade.

yup. sixerfan1976 is legit. udoh is supposebly the guy they want now, and they might be willing to trade thad for him
So the Sixers gave up Dalembert only to have plans of drafting a younger Dalembert?  It's not even saving them money as they took on Nocioni's tuuuurrible contract. 

Holiday/Iggy/Turner/Brand/Udoh...Yea, welcome to the 2011 lottery.
Aside from the fact that they both block a lot of shots, Udoh and Dalembert are nothing alike. Udoh has an extremely high basketball IQ, can handle the ball, hit the mid-range, doesn't take bad shots and is a great teammate. He's like the anti-Dalembert. Turner will be playing shooting guard and I think you can expect Hawes to get the start at the 5, although Brand, Speights, Udoh/Aldrich will all be getting minutes there. Lou, Meeks, Nocioni, Speights and Udoh sounds like a pretty good bench to me. Jrue is gonna be a heck of a player too I've heard a bunch of hate on here regarding him but I think he's going to have big year. Cleveland and Charlotte probably won't be in the playoffs next year and who knows about Atlanta if they lose Joe. I think you can add Philly and New York to the playoffs next season.

Spencer Hawes will be the starting center for a playoff team?

A bench of Lou Williams, Jodie Meeks, Andres Nocioni, Mareese Speights, and Ekpe Udoh sounds good?!

Originally Posted by BangDak

And am i the only one who thinks if Lowry was still on the Grizz, BHZ would be praising him like no tomorrow?
laugh.gif

I can see the Pacers accepting a trade of maybe Lou Wills + Meeks? (i feel like Philly might be losing out on this deal) for that pick for Udoh?

I'll like that starting lineup though. The bench might be a bit lacking though.

Jrue-Turner-Iggy-Brand-Hawes
Noic-Young-Speights-Udoh.

Eh.
he is so much better than Conley. i think he is the worst starting pg in the league

Originally Posted by Durden7

After checking the Sixers board on RealGM the Sixers insider there(he's 100% legit...one of the most respected ones on there) said the Sixers are NOT done trading yet.

yup. sixerfan1976 is legit. udoh is supposebly the guy they want now, and they might be willing to trade thad for him
So the Sixers gave up Dalembert only to have plans of drafting a younger Dalembert?  It's not even saving them money as they took on Nocioni's tuuuurrible contract. 

Aside from the fact that they both block a lot of shots, Udoh and Dalembert are nothing alike. Udoh has an extremely high basketball IQ, can handle the ball, hit the mid-range, doesn't take bad shots and is a great teammate. He's like the anti-Dalembert. Turner will be playing shooting guard and I think you can expect Hawes to get the start at the 5, although Brand, Speights, Udoh/Aldrich will all be getting minutes there. Lou, Meeks, Nocioni, Speights and Udoh sounds like a pretty good bench to me. Jrue is gonna be a heck of a player too I've heard a bunch of hate on here regarding him but I think he's going to have big year. Cleveland and Charlotte probably won't be in the playoffs next year and who knows about Atlanta if they lose Joe. I think you can add Philly and New York to the playoffs next season.

A bench of Lou Williams, Jodie Meeks, Andres Nocioni, Mareese Speights, and Ekpe Udoh sounds good?!

let's see..Lou was averaging 18 and 6 last year before iverson came in and changed the rotation(he's also only 22 years old), meeks came in and played well for us last year as a ROOKIE he even started some games for the bucks and us towards the end of the year, nocioni has been getting trashed on since this trade went down but he's more than capable of being a guy that can come off the bench and get into the opposing teams best players head in a Matt barnes type role, speights might have more potential than anyone on this team, and udoh is going to be a lottery pick and is one of the most NBA ready players in the whole draft.....so, yeah I'd say it's a good bench.

Originally Posted by Durden7

let's see..Lou was averaging 18 and 6 last year before iverson came in and changed the rotation(he's also only 22 years old), meeks came in and played well for us last year as a ROOKIE he even started some games for the bucks and us towards the end of the year, nocioni has been getting trashed on since this trade went down but he's more than capable of being a guy that can come off the bench and get into the opposing teams best players head in a Matt barnes type role, speights might have more potential than anyone on this team, and udoh is going to be a lottery pick and is one of the most NBA ready players in the whole draft.....so, yeah I'd say it's a good bench.
Udoh is NBA ready right now?  Really?  And only head Nocioni is gettin' into is his own teammates with the terrible decisions that he makes.

Only bright side on that bench is Speights but he needs to be given a chance and get more minutes/touches.

Bro what epke udoh are you thinking of...he's 23 years old. Dudes ready. From what I read of Collins talking about the dalembert trade he said if they kept dalembert he was going to have to play brand at the 5 full time because he didn't think Sam and Elton played well together. Our team was real drive heavy last year and Sam couldn't do anything farther than 5 feet from the basket so it was really clogging up the lanes. Now with hawes, speights and Jason smith all being capable of making outside shots it's going to give them a different look. Collins said he sees these guys interchangeable with brand because they all mesh well with brand. So we could see speights get the start at center.

Al Jefferson, #4, #23 for Nocioni, #2.

-Take DeMarcus Cousins at #4.
-Take James Anderson or Eric Bledsoe (if he freefalls) at #23.

PG- Jrue Holliday/Louis Williams
SG- Eric Bledsoe/Jodie Meeks
SF- Andre Iguodala/Kapono
PF- Al Jefferson/Elton Brand
C- DeMarcus Cousins/Mareese Speights

Thatlineup is a lot better than if you just selected Turner. Rolling with alineup of Hawes as your starting Center and Brand as your PF is suicide.

^That doesnt sound bad...but if they're moving the #2 pick, they HAVE to move brand with that contract.

Im sure they can actually use Noic's production for maybe half a year before they get tired of him.

^now you're talking jpz...I love that lineup. Just take kapono instead of nocioni and I'm down

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by sensation87

I heard that Sheed snapped after the game and tried to go into the refs locker room.

This is from John Hollinger's twitter
Bombshell from Doc: "I don't know if Rasheed will ever play again." about 2 hours ago via web
i'm not a celtics fan and im not gonna go crazy posting this everywhere on NT

but the celtics got straight up ROBBED. i'm disappointed in the game of basketball. if sheed knocked crawford into a coma i would have no remorse. the NBA is dead to me. yeah ill root for the knicks. but it isnt the same sport. the second half of this game disgusted me
me too man, me too. it started with kobe swinging himself into ray allen's arm as he was shooting that three. they let that go ALL game, why call it then with a few minutes to go in a 3 point game? there was a few suspect calls on big baby where me and him both were making the same "WHAT?!" face, like the and 1 on that jumper where he just had his hand up. a couple on sheed too where it seemed like they were just trying to take him out the game. then that blatant charge by pau that they called a block against pierce plus the up and down that they didn't call. these calls looked like they took the energy and heart right out of the celtics in the closing minutes. it was a physical game the whole game, then they only let the lakers play physical when it mattered most. gasol's screaming horse face took me out the game at the end. can't believe that weird, ugly son of a !$##% has 2 rings, why can't they just send him back to memphis or minnesota where they get no televised games. don't tell me i have to watch him make those faces for the rest of his career in the lakers 50 televised games a year. i just wanna give a big !$$% you to the memphis grizzlies for ruining my basketball viewing for the last 3 years. you ruined it for everyone. they had kwame %!%%!%% brown starting at center and were going to trade bynum for 60 year old jason kidd and his pubescent almost as ugly as gasol son. this never would have happened if it wasn't for you ******s. !$$% you. !$$% you. !$$%.....you.

if you've been actually watching the playoffs or the NBA for that matter of fact you would notice that they always make that call .... and throughout the playoffs, heck even in the series Ray Allen has been on the opposite end of that call but you what I'll just leave it at that

Too many of you guys get all feminine with your game watching letting your emotions run wild, instead of paying attention to what's actually taking place

Originally Posted by JPZx

Thatlineup is a lot better than if you just selected Turner. Rolling with alineup of Hawes as your starting Center and Brand as your PF is suicide.
That lineup looks good on paper but I don't think it would work very well. The paint would be so crowded that it would make Iguodala's game very limited. Those 2 big guys would go good together on a team that has some good perimeter scoring. The Sixers don't have that. All team's have to do is play us for the jumpshot & we'd be done. Plus with those 2, it would slow the Sixers offense down greatly. We wouldn't get many fast break points & our transition offense would be stagnant. We need to speed up our offense, not slow it down. That's how we were successful 2 years ago when we had Thad at the 4 spot. I don't think Collins is gonna start Hawes. He'd better not. He's said before that he wants to try Brand at the 5. I would prefer Speights to start at the 5 for us.

Thats a better lineup than any with Turner in it.

Its not great, but its a better option.

That lineup has no veteran leadership or players who have won much though.

That
lineup is a lot better than if you just selected Turner. Rolling with a
lineup of Hawes as your starting Center and Brand as your PF is suicide.

Question:
Would the T'wolves be willing to take on Elton Brands contract? I honestly don't see them trading the #2 pick without Brand being part of that deal. Plus I actually have a feeling they are gonna be looking to keep Noc.

So Bledsoe is a 2 guard now?  I have seen IT ALL!
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

I'm sure if Bledsoe dropped to 23 they would take a look at him at that spot and try them out on the court at the same time. If they don't want to take the risk, then take James Anderson. Only reason I put Bledsoe there is because there's no way Meeks is going to start.

We are looking to keep him, I actually heard we were trying to get him alone at first and hawes wasn't even part of the deal originally. Hell I miss when we had Matt harpring I'm looking forward to nocioni haha

Hawes wasnt in the original deal?
laugh.gif

Come to think of that deal, how can you have two players who play the same position, have huge contracts, and are both blackholes on offense on the same team?

I'm interested to see what moves Philly would continue to make though.

^now you're talking jpz...I love that lineup. Just take kapono instead of nocioni and I'm down

laugh.gif

Yes PLEASE!

This guy Kapono is HORRIBLE, last season I swear he could not hit a 3 to save his life

Man it doesn't even make sense how bad he is. He was surrounded by straight athletes that wanted to drive to the rack everytime, all he was asked to do was hit WIDE open threes. I only watched about 20 or so of our games this year to spare myself from breaking objects but I swear I didn't see him hit a single three pointer. He's also the pansiest Philadelphia athlete of all time and we traded him for the only player with heart on the whole team. Losing Reggie to bring in kapono made us way weaker and it was speights best friend on the team so I think that it had an effect on his play too

Originally Posted by BangDak

Come to think of that deal, how can you have two players who play the same position, have huge contracts, and are both blackholes on offense on the same team?

What two players are you talking about?

Elton Brand and Al Jefferson.

^THANK YOU.

Trading the #2 would be stupid at this point.

Co-Sign on Kapono, dude is the reason why I wish they never traded Korver.
smh.gif

And yall can stoneface me if you want, but am I the only one who thinks Cousins isn't THAT good?

Believe me I'd take Brand in if it meant getting Turner. Not only do you get a great player/prospect but you finally get fans back in the seats again. And it's been confirmed that Evan Turner has no problem with Minnesota... I mean, dude voluntarily went to college in Ohio, I wouldn't be surprised if he had no problem playing in Siberia or Antarctica or some #%%%
laugh.gif

By the way, anybody see this? Probably just another smokescreen though.
[h1]76ers' Collins impressed with Syracuse's Johnson[/h1]
By KEITH POMPEY - The Philadelphia Inquirer

New 76ers coach Doug Collins got what he wanted.

Collins said he likes when NBA prospects produce pre-draft works that make a team reconsider its draft plans.

Syracuse forward Wesley Johnson did just that Saturday at the Sixers' predraft workout at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.

"Watching Wesley work out was like, 'Wow, that was impressive,'" Collins added. "This young kid, he's got it: Charismatic, he can play, respectful, he's older. I mean, impressive."

The Sixers are expected to use the second overall pick on Ohio State junior Evan Turner, assuming the Washington Wizards take Kentucky's John Wall at No. 1.

"I mean, he's going to be really good," the coach said. "So from that standpoint, you see a guy and are like, 'It's fun to see somebody with that type of talent.' "

The Sixers put Johnson through a solo workout that included isolation and pick-and-roll drills. The team was impressed with his conditioning, demeanor, and the way he responded to coaching.

"I think it's a good shot for me to come here," Johnson said of becoming a Sixer. "It's just up to them to evaluate everything and wait on (June) 24th. But I think I have a good shot of coming here."

A concern about Johnson is his ability to play man-to-man defense in the NBA. He played exclusively in a 2-3 zone with the Orange.

"Everybody got the stigma of the zone," Johnson said. "'Oh, he's in the zone. It's probably hard for him to play man.'

"But I grew up playing (man-to-man). It all comes down to want-to. So really, I just have to carry that over and show them I can."

Collins isn't worried about how Johnson will adjust defensively.

"Well, I can tell you most guys coming out of college aren't very good defensively," he said. "If they are, they probably aren't very good offensively. It takes a rare guy in college to be really good at both ends of the floor."

But judging from Collins' praise, Johnson could end up as a perennial all-star. The coach said Johnson reminded him a little bit of Scottie Pippen. The former seven-time NBA all-star will be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in August.

Johnson has "a little Scottie, a late-developer, long arms, rangy," said Collins, who drafted Pippen in 1987 as the coach of the Chicago Bulls. "Not as good a ball handler right now as Scottie. He's a better shooter. But he's got the lanky, rangy body. He's got a real good feel."

Back
Top Bottom