* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

[h1]Allen Prefers Re-Signing With Celtics[/h1]Jun 18, 2010 7:30 AM EST

Allen_Ray_bos.jpg
Ray Allen will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, but his preference would be to remain with the Celtics.

"I'll deal with that when the time comes, but it's obvious that I don't want to be anywhere else," said Allen after Boston's Game 7 loss

Is Portland looking to keep Oden, Camby, Przybilla, Aldridge ?

Or are they willing to trade?

Manager: Allen Iverson wants to play again
By DAN GELSTON, AP Sports Writer
1 hour, 3 minutes ago
Email Print
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Allen Iverson(notes) is working on a comeback.

Gary Moore, Iverson’s personal manager, said that Iverson is planning a return to the NBA next season. Iverson returned to the Philadelphia 76ers in December and took a leave of absence in March because of family issues.

“Allen is working out and he’s getting himself prepared to make his return,

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67253/20100617/cavaliers_still_trying_to_buy_draft_pick/[/h2]
[h2]Cavaliers Still Trying To Buy Draft Pick[/h2]
Jun 17, 2010 4:40 PM EST

cle_40.gif
The Cavaliers don't have a pick in next week's NBA Draft, but they are trying to change that.

Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that, according to league sources, the Cavaliers remain in discussions to trade for or buy a first-round pick.

[h2][/h2][h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67257/20100618/rivers_will_wait_to_make_10_11_decision/[/h2]
[h2]Rivers Will Wait To Make 10-11 Decision[/h2]
Jun 18, 2010 4:28 AM EST

bos_40.gif
Doc Rivers is uncertain if he will be back as head coach of the Celtics for the 10-11 season.

"I don't know," said Rivers about his future. "I'm going to wait. I'm going to go and watch my kids play AAU basketball, and I'm going to wait for a little bit (before making a decision)."

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67261/20100618/heat_pick_up_option_on_chalmers/[/h2]
[h2]Heat Pick Up Option On Chalmers[/h2]
Jun 18, 2010 7:06 AM EST

mia_40.gif
The Heat will pick up Mario Chalmers' contract for the 10-11 season.

The Heat had until June 24, the day of the NBA Draft, to make its decision.

Chalmers now joins forward Michael Beasley and guard Daequan Cook as the only Heat players locked into 10-11 salaries.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67260/20100618/pacers_like_orton_at_no_10/[/h2]
[h2]Pacers Like Orton At No. 10[/h2]
Jun 18, 2010 7:04 AM EST

ind_40.gif
The Pacers are considering selection Daniel Orton with the No. 10 pick, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

The Pacers are in the process of setting up a second workout for Orton, who left Kentucky after his freshman season. He worked out for the Pacers on June 1.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...pects_jackson_to_remain_kobe_expresses_doubt/[/h2]
[h2]Magic Expects Jackson To Remain, Kobe Expresses Doubt[/h2]
Jun 18, 2010 6:21 AM EST

lal_40.gif
The future of Phil Jackson has been one of the most speculated aspects of the NBA Playoffs and apparently was a topic of conversation during the trophy presentation after Game 7.

Stuart Scott asked Jackson about his plans on coaching the Lakers in 10-11.

Reading lips, RealGM Forum poster KnicksManiac astutely pointed to Magic Johnson seemingly saying to Kobe Bryant, "He's staying."

"No, he ain't," replied Kobe.

Scott later asked Kobe about Jackson's chances of staying and the Finals MVP reiterated how much he has expressed his desire for him to remain as head coach of the Lakers.

During his postgame press conference, Jackson addressed his future briefly.

"It does improve my chances," said Jackson, in regards to the possibility of him coming back since they won the title.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

"...this never would have happened if it wasn't for you ******s. !$$% you. !$$% you. !$$%.....you...."
That was some real $@@ man. Keeping it real. Haha. But it is what it is with the NBA.

Originally Posted by maddog345

Originally Posted by RoOk

Ehh...I'm 50/50 on this trade man. It's good because we pick up a scoer in Andres & a young kid with good potential in Hawes but Andres contract is absurdly high.

What i'm thinking now is maybe we're looking at drafting Cousins or Favors now because having Andre, Andres, Young & Turner on the wings would just be too much.

Being a Philly fan, I say we draft Cousins (I know about his anger issues) but his talent is NBA superstar level and if put into the right situation, i can see him being our franchise leader for years (Same with Favors but for i now I'll say Cousins)

A starting line-up of:
Jrue/Williams
Iggy/Kapano
Young or Nocioni
Brand (Hopefully we get him traded off to a whole different time-zone smfh) & Spieghts
Cousins/Hawes

What do ya think? Should we draft Turner or Bring in Cousins/Favors?
We are probably still gonna draft Turner. Collins said he wants to move Brand to the 5. So our starting line-up will probably be

Holiday
Turner
Iguodala
Young
Brand

We are going to be small but at the 5 but we are gonna be very agile on the court. I like the take Collins is taking on. We are a very good fast break team. That is the only way we put up points on the board effectively. We are not a good half-court offensive team. Lord knows our shooting is damn near abysmal. Hopefully Turner will help us spread the floor & help the driving lanes for Iggy.
Young plays better at the 3, and Brand better off the bench.

IMO, still go for Turner. I'm loving that wing they would have, but they need to dump brand for like a 2nd round pick. Noic. as well
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

Manager: Allen Iverson wants to play again
By DAN GELSTON, AP Sports Writer
1 hour, 3 minutes ago
Email Print
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Allen Iverson(notes) is working on a comeback.

Gary Moore, Iverson’s personal manager, said that Iverson is planning a return to the NBA next season. Iverson returned to the Philadelphia 76ers in December and took a leave of absence in March because of family issues.

“Allen is working out and he’s getting himself prepared to make his return,

Originally Posted by BangDak

Ehh...I'm 50/50 on this trade man. It's good because we pick up a scoer in Andres & a young kid with good potential in Hawes but Andres contract is absurdly high.

What i'm thinking now is maybe we're looking at drafting Cousins or Favors now because having Andre, Andres, Young & Turner on the wings would just be too much.

Being a Philly fan, I say we draft Cousins (I know about his anger issues) but his talent is NBA superstar level and if put into the right situation, i can see him being our franchise leader for years (Same with Favors but for i now I'll say Cousins)

A starting line-up of:
Jrue/Williams
Iggy/Kapano
Young or Nocioni
Brand (Hopefully we get him traded off to a whole different time-zone smfh) & Spieghts
Cousins/Hawes

We are probably still gonna draft Turner. Collins said he wants to move Brand to the 5. So our starting line-up will probably be

Holiday
Turner
Iguodala
Young
Brand

We are going to be small but at the 5 but we are gonna be very agile on the court. I like the take Collins is taking on. We are a very good fast break team. That is the only way we put up points on the board effectively. We are not a good half-court offensive team. Lord knows our shooting is damn near abysmal. Hopefully Turner will help us spread the floor & help the driving lanes for Iggy.

IMO, still go for Turner. I'm loving that wing they would have, but they need to dump brand for like a 2nd round pick. Noic. as well
smh.gif
smh.gif
Ionno, it always felt like Young wanted to be the starting PF last year. When he came off the bench, his production dropped. Word to my lame fantasy team with him. Haha.

Holiday
Turner
Iguodala
Young
Brand

How is that team going to grab a rebound.

Thats basically a dummied-down version of the Suns offense.... and thats not pretty.

Turner is a bad pick for the Sixers.

Originally Posted by BangDak

A starting line-up of:
Jrue/Williams
Iggy/Kapano
Young or Nocioni
Cousins/Hawes

Holiday
Turner
Iguodala
Young
Brand

smh.gif
smh.gif
No he isn't.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Everybody knows he doesn't have enough perimeter skills to be a full time SF. He's better off suited as a PF in a small ball lineup with a guy that can block shots and rebound behind him.

I really think the Sixers will take Evan Turner in the end, but I just don't get why they traded Samuel Dalembert. Still makes zero sense to me.

From HoopsWorld --
Al Jefferson In Demand

In talking to a number of league sources in the run-up to the draft, HOOPSWORLD keeps hearing one name, in particular, involving possible draft day trades. We've heard plenty of rumors involving Minnesota Timberwolves forward Al Jefferson, and it turns out that where there's smoke there is definitely fire. Quite a few teams have indicated that Al Jefferson is one of their primary targets this summer.

The issue, of course, is that the Timberwolves really have two starting power forwards. Jefferson was acquired in the trade that sent Kevin Garnett to Boston, but the team subsequently drafted Kevin Love, and Love appears to have all-star potential at the four. He's a better rebounder and as good a scorer as Jefferson, but he has the added ability of hitting the three and he's vastly better at the free throw line. The team tried starting Love and Jefferson together a few times last season, but that didn't yield the wins, so it appears the Wolves will cash in Jefferson and slide Love into the starter's role.

The challenge for Timberwolves GM David Kahn and his team will be finding just the right deal. Several teams believe a draft day deal could get the deal done, and that the Timberwolves have targeted a player near the top of the draft as their ideal piece. Given their need for a center - Darko Milicic is saying he's finished with the NBA and Ryan Hollins is inconsistent - the Wolves could use Sacramento's fifth overall pick to land a player like Greg Monroe from Georgetown. Jefferson would be an upgrade over Jason Thompson, meaning the Kings could send him out and land another piece for their long-term puzzle.

The Timberwolves also need an upgrade at the guard spots, where Jonny Flynn and Ramon Sessions both look like good back-up point guards and Corey Brewer also looks like he would be better served as a back-up shooting guard. Unlike last year, however, the 2010 draft class is not incredibly deep in talented guards.

Still, there are plenty of teams looking to make moves on draft day, and it sounds like Jefferson might be the biggest name that gets moved as part of the annual draft party. There are certainly a lot of teams saying they have had conversations with the Timberwolves about acquiring him.

Damn Bigmike... Al Jefferson sure sucks when teams are considering him one of their primary targets in such a critical summer for the league
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Just step 1 in the process, I guess. Giving Speights time to grow. And I wouldn't put it passed Collins, for whatever reason, that he actually likes Nocioni

Two things from last night I'll throw in here..

If you're one of the greatest shooters in NBA history like people proclaim Ray Allen to be, you DON'T have multiple %#%% the bed games. I will give him somewhat of a pass because I thought he did a very nice job on Kobe throughout the series.

Now, Kevin Garnett is biggest fraud of a franchise player in NBA history. Afraid of taking shots, afraid of even touching the ball when the going gets tough. Pau couldn't guard him, nobody has ever been able to. But he floats on the perimeter setting screens and playing hot potato with the ball and people eat it up as 'team' play. Hell outa here, he's a the softest, most scared offensive post player to lace them up. People hate on Paul Pierce but I at least have respect for him in WANTING the ball. And even on the glass, How do you let LA grab 23 offensive boards and you tally 3 total?

Were Iso's the way to go when Ron had Paul locked up? Probably not, but they were left with no other choice.

Idk where the Celtics go from here. They had enough left in the tank to make this run, they won't next year but you can't go rebuild and make major changes now.

LA was the best team all year and no surprise they won it. I do think they need to make roster changes to make it 3 in a row.

I stand by what I say, unless we do find a way to get Bosh, if this roster stays as is, I don't think we go 3 peat.  We were outta gas last night, no way we go 9 months again. 

Unless we bolster the roster, they will go down in round 2-3 next season. 

Originally Posted by Al3xis

If you're one of the greatest shooters in NBA history like people proclaim Ray Allen to be, you DON'T have multiple %#%% the bed games. I will give him somewhat of a pass because I thought he did a very nice job on Kobe throughout the series.

Now, Kevin Garnett is biggest fraud of a franchise player in NBA history. Afraid of taking shots, afraid of even touching the ball when the going gets tough. Pau couldn't guard him, nobody has ever been able to. But he floats on the perimeter setting screens and playing hot potato with the ball and people eat it up as 'team' play. Hell outa here, he's a the softest, most scared offensive post player to lace them up. People hate on Paul Pierce but I at least have respect for him in WANTING the ball. And even on the glass, How do you let LA grab 23 offensive boards and you tally 3 total?

Were Iso's the way to go when Ron had Paul locked up? Probably not, but they were left with no other choice.

Idk where the Celtics go from here. They had enough left in the tank to make this run, they won't next year but you can't go rebuild and make major changes now.

LA was the best team all year and no surprise they won it. I do think they need to make roster changes to make it 3 in a row.
hy·per·bo·le:  extravagant exaggeration (as “mile-high ice-cream cones)

Originally Posted by Al3xis

KG went out like a little girl. He took a jump shot around the 9 min mark that he missed, got a layup because Pau fronted with no help behind him and a wide open dunk due to miscommunication. Other than that, he was vintage KG in the fourth.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I would like LA to address their PG issues (re-sign Fish but not sure on Farmar or Brown) and add athleticism along the perimeter.

Originally Posted by JPZx

From HoopsWorld --
Al Jefferson In Demand

In talking to a number of league sources in the run-up to the draft, HOOPSWORLD keeps hearing one name, in particular, involving possible draft day trades. We've heard plenty of rumors involving Minnesota Timberwolves forward Al Jefferson, and it turns out that where there's smoke there is definitely fire. Quite a few teams have indicated that Al Jefferson is one of their primary targets this summer.

The issue, of course, is that the Timberwolves really have two starting power forwards. Jefferson was acquired in the trade that sent Kevin Garnett to Boston, but the team subsequently drafted Kevin Love, and Love appears to have all-star potential at the four. He's a better rebounder and as good a scorer as Jefferson, but he has the added ability of hitting the three and he's vastly better at the free throw line. The team tried starting Love and Jefferson together a few times last season, but that didn't yield the wins, so it appears the Wolves will cash in Jefferson and slide Love into the starter's role.

The challenge for Timberwolves GM David Kahn and his team will be finding just the right deal. Several teams believe a draft day deal could get the deal done, and that the Timberwolves have targeted a player near the top of the draft as their ideal piece. Given their need for a center - Darko Milicic is saying he's finished with the NBA and Ryan Hollins is inconsistent - the Wolves could use Sacramento's fifth overall pick to land a player like Greg Monroe from Georgetown. Jefferson would be an upgrade over Jason Thompson, meaning the Kings could send him out and land another piece for their long-term puzzle.

The Timberwolves also need an upgrade at the guard spots, where Jonny Flynn and Ramon Sessions both look like good back-up point guards and Corey Brewer also looks like he would be better served as a back-up shooting guard. Unlike last year, however, the 2010 draft class is not incredibly deep in talented guards.

Still, there are plenty of teams looking to make moves on draft day, and it sounds like Jefferson might be the biggest name that gets moved as part of the annual draft party. There are certainly a lot of teams saying they have had conversations with the Timberwolves about acquiring him.

Damn Bigmike... Al Jefferson sure sucks when teams are considering him one of their primary targets in such a critical summer for the league
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

That's just stupid and ******ed. No team considers him a good player and its probably only teams that don't know what the hell they doing right Mike?

I can't see LA 3-peating and it really depends on if Phil stays. Alot depends on what happens in free agency as well. If everything stays the same (which is unlikely) they can make another run, but if teams really do make improvements and you can possibly see two superstars playing with each other next year in Chicago, Miami, NY or whatever then there will be a problem. People said Boston was done at the beginning of the season, so I'm not completely counting out either team.

I definitely want to see what kinda moves LA makes this off-season, but if Phil leaves I don't see it happening. If he stays, there's still a pretty good chance for them depending on who they play during those first few rounds of the playoffs and how healthy teams in the West stay.

The scary thing about LA...is that the roster tweaks they need to make are fairly minor.

A competent point guard, a young wing off the bench, and another big.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

The scary thing about LA...is that the roster tweaks they need to make are fairly minor.

A competent point guard, a young wing off the bench, and another big.
Some potential bargains that I want LA to look at are Kyle Lowry (reminds me of Fish but can't shoot), Shaun Livingston (played well but can't shoot and injury concerns), Dorell Wright (athletic, can defend and hit open threes).

Then of course there are the veterans like Tracy McGrady or Jermaine O'Neal that want a ring.

Sixers official website accidently put up a pic of Turner, with the caption of the Sixers draft Evan Turner. It's down now.

So, Turner #2. But we knew that.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Sixers official website accidently put up a pic of Turner, with the caption of the Sixers draft Evan Turner. It's down now.

So, Turner #2. But we knew that.
Yeah we know Turner is going #2, but what you said sounds weird? The people running the website have the inside scoop? Seems odd. Where'd you hear that? Or did you see it?

Back
Top Bottom