* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by BangDak

Knicks arent moving Gallo, period.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by BangDak

Knicks arent moving Gallo, period.

you knick fans kill me

all year you guys was hyping him up, then after the all star break yall bash him talking about he is only a chucker and is overrated(which is true)

and now the knicks wont move him? YA OK

if NO ask for gallo they will get gallo

actually everyone starting hyping gallo up AFTER the all star break. He isn't just a chucker, he was the 4th option behind players like hughes, duhon, and harrington. they relegated him into a bail out 3 point shooter. he was getting the ball with 2 seconds on the shot clock. He only broke out the last quarter of the season.

gallo has a chip on his shoulder. he goes on camera talking about he wants to tattoo "knicks" on his heart. says if you win here it's the greatest place to win in the world. when garnett elbowed him thinking he was a soft euro, he went on an offensive tear. he went toe to toe with mello. he talks smack. he has the perfect personality and game for NYC. New york needs at least one home grown guy to root for. He fits the bill perfectly. Gotta give him a year or two on a real team with no black holes and see what he can do. In 2 years he can easily be an all star on a great contract

i don't know why some knicks fans think he's untouchable. though. If the hornets say give us randopkh and gallanari without us taking back terrible contracts they will be moved with the quickness. But i want to see gallanari get a shot really badly. If he becomes more aggresive he can be a stud

CP ain't going anywhere for a while anyway. I don't know how this story got so much hype.

Bangdak says Knicks won't trade Gallo?

Report: Knicks willing to part with anyone execpt A'mare

Hmm... should I believe Bangdak or the people running the Knicks?

Me obviously. Remember about all those trades i made about jefferies to houston during the trade deadline?

Thats right, i obviously know more then the management
laugh.gif

Umm... every time you put together a trade idea/proposal to ANY team, Jefferies was included. Don't pat yourself on the back too hard.

since people keep asking there is storys on INFO about the new CBA

Spoiler [+]
In conversations with front-office executives Tuesday night, I was told some strong stuff regarding the upcoming Collective Bargaining Agreement. As you probably know, the current CBA will end after the 2010-2011 season.

The gist of what I was told is that the owners will go for the jugular and drop the players’ salaries immensely.

I spoke with one executive about Amare Stoudemire and was told that, the way owners are talking now, Stoudemire wouldn’t even get a five-year contract worth $60 million under the next CBA. That sounded crazy to me, but when I spoke with a team owner an hour later, he made the executive sound tame.

“The owners are really going to chop the money down,’’ the owner said. “I think Stoudemire would get $5 or $6 million [annually] in the next deal. The bottom line is that things are going to change dramatically.’’

Five to six million dollars for a five-time All-Star in his prime? That sounds cruel compared with the players’ current salaries, so cruel that I just don’t believe it. A general manager I spoke with later agreed that that was an extreme.

“That [$5 million for Stoudemire] sounds a little bizarre, but player salaries are definitely going to take a hit,’’ the GM said. “Players that come up for contracts under the new CBA are going to find themselves getting a lot less money.’’

It’s well-known that owners will try to shorten contracts. Currently, players can sign contracts as long as six years. One GM told me the owners are looking to shorten the maximum length of a contract to four or five years. He added that they have actually discussed trying to guarantee only the first two years of a four-year deal, and that the third and fourth years would be guaranteed only if a player reached certain performance-based incentives the previous season.

In other words, it would be closer to the NFL than to today’s NBA.

“Those concepts are being discussed,’’ another GM told me. “Is there a sentiment among some [owners] that they’d like to have it like football? Yeah. But I think that’s out of bounds.’’

Severe drops in salary. Non-guaranteed contracts. Billy Hunter, the Executive Director of the Players Association, will not settle for that without a fight, and the owners know it.

“There’s going to be a lockout,’’ the owner said. “There’s not even a doubt in my mind about that. Billy’s not going to make a deal like that. Teams are already saving up money for a strike.’’

Maybe the players should start saving too

Spoiler [+]
The collective bargaining agreement between the NBA and the NBA Players Association is the most one-sided toward the players in sports, and as a result NBA owners lost a combined $370 million in the 2009-2010 season, according to commissioner David Stern.

The most obvious and loud call for change has actually come from players association head Billy Hunter, who said, “I can’t imagine at a time like this when the league is sort of riding the crest of the wave that there would be a desire on anyone’s part to want to disrupt that. What we should be doing is trying to come to some arrangement that both of us find to be mutually beneficial and acceptable.

I didnt make that many proposals
laugh.gif

and if you're going to give up half your team for CP, including AR and Gallo who could be considered two of your players with the most potential, i'd rather stay put. He'll be a expiring anyway.

it's not that simple. It would never be CP straight up for gallo. we have to weigh the cost of giving up every single one of our young assets and take back horrible contracts with CP

i still don't see why the hornets would move him anyway. way too much time on that contract.

I'm alright with not putting Okafor in a deal with the Knicks. That would mean Gray, Curry, or possibly Turiaf would be starting at center, anyway.

Paul and Posey for Gallinari, Randolph, Curry, either $650,000 or Toney Douglas and a first-round pick. Fair. Plausible. Done.

Okafor/Gray
West/Randolph/Brackins
Gallinari/Stojakovic
Thornton/Pondexter
Collison

Mozgov/Turiaf/Jordan
Stoudemire
Chandler/Azubuike/Fields
Felton/Walker/Rautins
Paul/Douglas

Old but didnt see anything posted so......

Jul 18, 2010 12:13 PM EST

Grizzlies rookie Xavier Henry sat out the summer league at theurging of his agent, Arn Tellem, because he couldn't come to terms on acontract.

NBA rookies are slotted into a salary, a value that can be negotiated between 80 and 120 percent.

Memphis offered Henry 100 percent of the rookie scale and has proposed that the additional 20 percent be earned through bonuses.

It has been customary for rookies to receive 120 percent of the rookie scale without having to clear hurdles.

ESPN.com source: Bulls prepared to sign T-Mac if he meets two conditions (health and willing to come off bench) in MON workout. Link on way

Bang you did include Jeffries in every deal, but it cost a lot more than you thought, with the draft picks and all.

*paging Mike

Chicago set to sign TMac

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

TMac will do all right off the bench for Chicago. It's a good signing, as, the Bulls need somebody to facilitate besides Rose. His offensive explosiveness is gone, but TMac is a great passer/setting people up. This dude has been talking about it's not about the money, and how he wants to join a contender, so, we'll see if he balks about coming off the bench. If he does..
smh.gif

We could always sign Gallo back end of the season anyway.

Good post Mike. I had forgot about what was attempted from the last lockout. I know some of these contracts are wild long and too big but the marquee all star players shouldn't be taking such a big of a hit like Carmello for example.

I'll start getting ready for a short season in 2011

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i just dont see paul being all that successful in orlando. dwight needs to work on his offense ol lazy %%% dude cuz paul just gonna lob to him...

also people say that orlando has better pieces? like what though? who the %@#* wants bass or gortat? why would the hornets need nelson? only thing that makes sense is carter's contract.

if orlando lands paul they still gonna be the 4th best team in the east. Dwight needs to man the %@#* up and work on his game

paul
jj
fench jordan
shard
howard

okafor
Q
anderson
duhon

still the 4th best team in the east

lebron needs to stop being a *#+$@ and let paul go to new york. the least who could do for being a +#!% tease to them for 2 years...
4th Best team in the EAST??????
indifferent.gif

i see ur sig but ill go ahead and lay it out there for you homer.

miami 
chicago
boston

all better than orlando by a large margin right now.

if they got paul they would still be 4th best team in the east

Too many things to point out in this quote that are ******ed.

your reply was ******ed. Too many things to point out yet you pointed out NOTHING.   

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Old but didnt see anything posted so......

Jul 18, 2010 12:13 PM EST

Grizzlies rookie Xavier Henry sat out the summer league at the urging of his agent, Arn Tellem, because he couldn't come to terms on a contract.

NBA rookies are slotted into a salary, a value that can be negotiated between 80 and 120 percent.

Memphis offered Henry 100 percent of the rookie scale and has proposed that the additional 20 percent be earned through bonuses.

It has been customary for rookies to receive 120 percent of the rookie scale without having to clear hurdles.

clowns

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Vince Carter: The Expiring Contract That Isn't [/h2]
squareuserpicjpeg_tiny.jpg
by Ben Q Rock on Jul 25, 2010 8:00 AM EDT in News
comment.v1599.png
10 comments

More photos » Phelan Ebenhack - AP

Browse more photos »

In several places around this site, members of the Orlando Pinstriped Post community have written that Orlando Magic guard Vince Carter has an expiring contract, which makes him a desirable trade chip as NBA teams look to cut costs before the next collective bargaining agreement arrives sometime next year, potentially after a lengthy lockout. For clarification's sake, we should note that Carter's contract doesn't expire next summer, nor is it a team option. It's what one might term as a "semi-expiring" deal. Yes, it can end next summer, but it'll come at a price.

Carter has a partially guaranteed deal for the 2011/12 season. If he is not waived before June 30, 2011, Carter's salary of $18.3 million becomes fully guaranteed; if he is waived by the above date, he pockets $4 million and becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1. The $4 million figure will stay on his team's cap for that year.

I assure you I'm not picking nits here; these distinctions are important. If the Magic elect to trade Carter, they'll likely have to include $3 million in cash--the maximum allowable amoun--in the bargain to cover most of Carter's guarantee, which is a fact to consider when trying to evaluate potential trade partners. Which ones wouldn't mind having to cover $1 million of Carter's guarantee? Would they demand another asset, such as a future draft pick, as further compensation?

Those details don't change the fact that Carter will almost assuredly become a free-agent next summer, as it's simply hard to imagine that any team is willing to pay him $18.3 million when it could simply pay him to go away. But the circumstances around the pending free agency merit attention. Can't overlook them, no matter how silly they might seem.

No %@$! you cant get CP3 for Gallo straight up. All I'm saying is if the NYK want CP3, Gallo will have to be included in the deal.

It's that simple

Now, if the NYK feel the cost of the whole package is too much, I guess that's understandable

Back
Top Bottom