* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Korver not going to make up the team 3-point shooting by himself. He's good for 1 or 2 9 or 10 a game.
laugh.gif
Kyle Korver is not good for 9 or 10 3s a game. Dude breaking records nightly now?

Maybe 3-4 MOST.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

not that he would but

whats the hold out rules for the NBA?
I'm not sure if this applies to American-born players but a player like Ricky Rubio could entered the 2010 Draft had he not signed with a team last summer.

Now I see why Memphis has the reputation it does with draft prospects who refuse to work out for them. Arn Tellem is the best in the business, it will be interesting to see if they can come to some sort of compromise.

After reading the last few pages, where did some come up with the assumption that if the Knicks included BOTH Anthony Randolph and Danilo that they wouldn't have to take back Emeka Okafor's contract?
nerd.gif

Because then it's too one sided for NO.

CP3 is a monster, but 2 high ceiling prospects, and they get to unload Okafor's contract? If that was really on the table, NO would've accepted with the quickness.

Like I said, on draft night I believe, there was a report that Portland was close to trading for CP3, but, the Hornets backed out last minute. I forget the package, but, that package was for sure not as good as a Gallo/AR/Take Okafor's contract off our hands type deal.

As for Lorenzen Wright, I read police are stumped. Dude just vanished. No cell phone use, use of credit cards, no contact, nothing.

And
laugh.gif
@ everybody taking KLJ's '9-10 3's' so seriously.

It was like Miller, Oden, Bayless and Pendergraph or something like that.

To be honest, as much as i like AR, i'd be willlingly to part with him, but to include Gallo, i'd pass. CP3 isnt happy where he is, and it'd be tough for any other team to match our offer anyway.

Either way, i think its going to take a 3rd team in order for anyone, to get cp3.

Originally Posted by franchise3

CP3 is a monster, but 2 high ceiling prospects, and they get to unload Okafor's contract? If that was really on the table, NO would've accepted with the quickness.
WELL DUH.. NO is trying to do whats best for them. and making some team taken Okafor and his horrible contract is best for them

really if it was Gallo,AR and curry contract(can add in the fillers) for CP3 and Okafor the knicks would turn it down? HELL NO and if they did everyone in the front office should be fired on the spot

Yeah that's not enough to take back Okafor's contract, so the deal would have to be re-structured.

I always assumed the Hornets would get two young stud players in return, whether it be Oden/Batum, or Gallo/Randolph.

Collison
Thornton
Batum
West
Oden

Collison
Thornton
Gallo
West
Randolph

Neither is bad.

If gallo + AR are included we wont include currys expiring, and Walsh is not that dumb to include both. Also, no one thinks chandler has a high ceiling too?

Barring any crazy offer by Portland, still think this is the best offer for cp3 (including okafor): randolph/chandler/azbuike/turiaf/curry

Everytime it seems like we move ahead in others perceptions of the franchise we do new stupid stuff to just make us look bad.

This came up at the wrong time and now it only gives people a reason to try and bad mouth the franchise again. Other people already don't like to respect us because of our old reputation til' we beat they ++@%@ last season.
laugh.gif

I would be surprised if we let this continue on and we end up trading him or he holds out. Something will have to give. I don't see why he's having such a hard time taking the incentives So, I can see it from both sides. I would have to see exactly what they are though. My thing is did all the rookies sign that played in summer league? Why did he have to hold out to play when the rookies that didn't sign yet were playing? Of course people won't look at that because they would want to place the blame solely on the franchise, but he could've at least played since it was in his best interest.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

If gallo + AR are included we wont include currys expiring, and Walsh is not that dumb to include both. Also, no one thinks chandler has a high ceiling too?

Barring any crazy offer by Portland, still think this is the best offer for cp3 (including okafor): randolph/chandler/azbuike/turiaf/curry
How would you go about taking back the necessary money needed to get Okafor? Or is that under the assumption if you include both, you won't take back Okafor?

Chandler won't ever be anything close to a borderline all-star.

Again, what if New Orleans doesn't want Turiaf? He has another year on his deal.

You have to include Curry in any deal because the rest of the Knicks' assets don't make enough money to balance out the deal financially.

Mike, Okafor + CP3 for Gallo/AR/??? might seem like a snap deal to you, but NY would be tacking on Okafor's big contract, CP3's big contract, and now won't have depth. Again, CP3 is arguably the best PG in the game, but I dunno how their cap space would look like.

They might be stuck with CP3 - Amare - Okafor - whatever else they have, for the next two years with no wiggle room. And I don't think a CP3 - Amare - Okafor - whatever's left over is that good a team.

Ps - Azabuike + Turiaf and such aren't really that attractive as pieces.

ESPN.com source: Bulls prepared to sign T-Mac if he meets two conditions (health and willing to come off bench) in MON workout. Link on way

bwahaha I remember this,  dude dreamt he blocked Isaiah Thomas
roll.gif

Ps - Azabuike + Turiaf and such aren't really that attractive as pieces.
Azubuike is a very decent piece, but the fact that Turiaf has an extra year on his contract makes it that he's not a very good asset.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

How would you go about taking back the necessary money needed to get Okafor? Or is that under the assumption if you include both, you won't take back Okafor?

Chandler won't ever be anything close to a borderline all-star.

Again, what if New Orleans doesn't want Turiaf? He has another year on his deal.
Yea it was an assumption that we wont take back okafor if we include both (doubt it works financially). IMO i think chandler is a good wing player at best, wont be an all star, but at the same time you never know since he slowly gets better every year. Honestly, i dont really care if we get CP3 or not. If we're getting rid of all our pieces for him no thanks, you need depth to win in this league. I'm just as fine with our current team and going after melo.

I think the Knicks should stick with the roster they have now instead of throwing half of it away for Paul and Okafor (who I think would be an awful fit). They should use the next two years to see where this group of players takes them. By that time, Felton's contract and Paul's contract will both be up and they could try to sign Paul then without giving up any players. The new CBA might make that difficult, though, but that's what I would do.

WELL DUH.. NO is trying to do whats best for them. and making some team taken Okafor and his horrible contract is best for them

really if it was Gallo,AR and curry contract(can add in the fillers) for CP3 and Okafor the knicks would turn it down? HELL NO and if they did everyone in the front office should be fired on the spot

Totally agree.

laugh.gif
@ NY turning down a lineup of CP3, Chandler, Amare, Okafor.

Get a solid shooting guard that can defend and hit the 3 and they will be solid.

so someone in the knicks thread said ESPN.com had something up on ATL Josh Smith on the trading block. i cant find nothing tho

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Get a solid shooting guard that can defend and hit the 3 and they will be solid.
Uh, Andy Rautins? LeBron was suppose to see how playing with him would be so widely beneficial, remember?
laugh.gif

so someone in the knicks thread said ESPN.com had something up on ATL Josh Smith on the trading block. i cant find nothing tho

Oh, so now they finally realized that him and Horford wouldn't be beneficial to them in the long run?

Back
Top Bottom