* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Samardo Samuels coming to Cleveland who y'all got?????????????????????????????

tired.gif

SamAmicoNBA

Source: Cavs close on deal involving Delonte West. Have eyes set on small forward, as earlier reported by @PDcavsinsider.

No other details yet on Cavs stuff. Rumors say other team is Dallas, but that is PURE speculation at this point.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

ztgeg1.jpg

Works financially and basketball wise.
nerd.gif
What are the Knicks going to do with Felton then?
Play him in a Barbosa role (I know that's not necessarily his game) off the bench then deal him when December 15 rolls around.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Does CP3 have a trade clause?

If he doesn't, then my offer still stands to bring him to Memphis for those 2 yrs.
laugh.gif
The only two players with NTC's are Dirk and Kobe.

i read the other day Dirk got one. but i thought the NBA put a stop to that when kobe got his?

What are the Knicks going to do with Felton then?
put his $%# on the bench if you get CP3. who cares

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

The only two players with NTC's are Dirk and Kobe.
i read the other day Dirk got one. but i thought the NBA put a stop to that when kobe got his?
What do you mean? You thought the NBA stopped handing out No trade clauses? I never heard anything about that.

The reason why so few players have no trade clauses because the circumstances to qualify for a NTC are very specific.

A "no-trade" clause can be negotiated into an individual contract if the player has been in the NBA for at least eight seasons, and has played for the team with which he is signing for at least four seasons. They don't have to be the immediately prior four seasons -- for example, Horace Grant got a no-trade clause from Orlando when he signed with them in 2001. He had played for Orlando for four seasons, but had played for Seattle and Los Angeles in the interim. Very few players actually have one of these no-trade provisions. Otherwise, individually negotiated contracts may not contain no-trade clauses. The no-trade clause prevents the team from making a trade involving the player without the player's consent.

You can't have a NTC without re-signing with a team. I'm not sure where you heard about the NBA getting rid of NTC's, I'm not saying I don't believe you, just never heard of it myself.

An additional note, partial reason why Dirk took less money is because he was going to get that no trade clause.

I hope it's the Magic. I really want their current core to breakthrough and bring home a championship.

Orlando incoming: Chris Paul, Emeka Okafor
New Orleans incoming: Vince Carter's huge expiring contract, Daniel Orton (can't be traded until Aug. 2), and Brandon Bass.

They're going to be looking for cap relief and I assume they don't desire Jameer Nelson that much seeing as how they have Darren Collison.

the magic better go after CP3 hard. with him you can put them right next to the heat.

and JA it may have been the NBA was going to do away with No trade clause with the new CBA

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

The Hornets still have him for two years so they do not have to give in and trade him to Orlando, LA or NY. If the organization is wise they will trade him to the highest bidder regardless of location.
Who the hell does Chris Paul think he is?

He has no power in saying "trade me here, trade me there."

I hope he gets traded to the Kings.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I doubt you want that to happen. The Kings would be beating your Mavs all over again in the playoffs.

no way in hell do the lakers trade for him. they would be super thin front court wise...

best fit would be new york

Originally Posted by JPZx

I hope it's the Magic. I really want their current core to breakthrough and bring home a championship.

Orlando incoming: Chris Paul, Emeka Okafor
New Orleans incoming: Vince Carter's huge expiring contract, Daniel Orton (can't be traded until Aug. 2), and Brandon Bass.

They're going to be looking for cap relief and I assume they don't desire Jameer Nelson that much seeing as how they have Darren Collison.

I like your optimisim, but NO is gonna want some decent amount of  players and/or draft picks in return for paul. I think if orlando is to deal then it'll be VC, pietrus, bass and some future draft picks in exchange for chris and emeka. We would have paul, nelson and duhon at PG and emeka can play PF/center as well as gortat. Seems complicating though
laugh.gif

"I want to be that guy," Rose said Tuesday in an interview with ESPNChicago.com before the start of Team USA’s training camp. "I want to be the reason why the Bulls are back to what they were [during the Michael Jordan era]."
"Why wouldn’t I want to be [the face of the franchise]?" Rose asked. "That’s the point of playing the game. That’s the greatest thing right now.

pimp.gif

no way in hell do the lakers trade for him. they would be super thin front court wise...

best fit would be new york

the knicks with Amare and CP can contend for a title as long as they don't gut every single player. more than the magic if they have to give up Gortat in a trade. who would play center when dwight has 4 fouls in the 2nd quarter?

i wouldn't even be mad about CP to orlando though. get My boy Patrick a ring.

None of the pieces Orlando can offer are going to entice New Orleans enough to trade Chris Paul to them besides maybe Vince's expiring. There's no need for Jameer with Darren Collison in the fold. Bass is solid but not much more than a 20 MPG player. Pietrus is good but inconsistent. Gortat shows potential but shouldn't be the centerpiece to any trade. Ryan Anderson is decent but Craig Brackins is essentially the same player. And Daniel Orton is a bum.
ohwell.gif

New Orleans might as well start from scratch and acquire expirings, young players with potential and draft picks. That makes me believe New York has the best offer. Curry and Azubuike are expiring, Randolph and Chandler are young pieces and Turiaf is a servicable player on a good contract. They also would not mind taking on Okafor and his terrible contract.

I have to think New Orlean's looks out for themselves, and I'm sure someone can come up with better offers than what New York can offer.

Paul has no leverage in this situation.

They can trade him to somewhere like Memphis and he'll just have to sit on his hands and wait.

Or ruin his career like Stephon and Francis did.

Theres my problem. If we're going to get CP, i'd like to try and keep Buike and Turiaf. They'll be real good serviceable role players (who know their role) once playoffs come.

Another thing, if we were to take on Okafor's contract as well, that'd would mean, no FA can come in 2011. But then again, you have a core of CP3, Gallo, and Amare. That'll definitely at least get past the first round, assuming they dont face a top tier team like Boston, Miami, etc.

Besides the contract, why is okafur and dwight on the same team bad? dwight can't ever stay on the damn court.

Look at that contract Okafor got. DO NOT WANT.

If we getting Paul might as well give away Toney Douglas and Raymond Felton.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

The Hornets still have him for two years so they do not have to give in and trade him to Orlando, LA or NY. If the organization is wise they will trade him to the highest bidder regardless of location.
Who the hell does Chris Paul think he is?

He has no power in saying "trade me here, trade me there."

I hope he gets traded to the Kings.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I doubt you want that to happen. The Kings would be beating your Mavs all over again in the playoffs.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by DubA169

the knicks with Amare and CP can contend for a title 

laugh.gif

wait till the old man wakes up
i didn't say they would be a lock. i'm saying "contend".

best point guard and a top 3 power forward? if they keep some semblance of a core and as long as they got someone to deal with bynum. I don't think it's a crazy statement.

Back
Top Bottom