* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

The Suns will be a higher seed of San Antonio 10 times out of 10 to me, I don't see what's so funny about that.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

CP1708 wrote:
Doo, I been sayin it for 2 years now, I don't know what more I can tell you. 

Reports expect the SPURS to re-sign RJ today. RJ having one year under his belt and working with POP during the summer should help his game ALOT this year.

no not really

Yeah, RJ was supposed to help ya'll out last year too.

RJ with an extra year, doesn't make up for the extra year older Manu and Duncan just got.  So it's a wash at best. 

It's done Doo.  You got 4, that's better then every other team out there almost, call it good.  Start fresh in a year or two, see what magic they can work.  But this cast, this crew is donezo. 

In 2 years LA will be done, you can tell me so then if it makes you feel better.  But I'll already know. 
laugh.gif

I saw the Livingston blurb on Rotoworld. Who sourced the Charlotte Observer. Went to the Observer site, they did sign him, but they don't say the terms. There is no way possible Livingston could've netted a 8.5M per year deal. That can't be right, or, MJ is total fail.

Sorry guys I can't say the SPURS are done untill DUNCAN comes out and says HE is done. Which is coming soon. 
embarassed.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif

until then I just expect the Spurs to put out the best team and hope for the best.

What's not to get, they're an old team and they won't magically get any younger.

Best case scenario, they can make it through the season and get a 7th/8th seed, then hope to get hot or play through their age through the playoffs and make a run.

I give them the this year then they need to rebuild. Richard Jefferson and "a full year with the team" won't magically make Duncan or Manu younger, or allow them to beat the Thunder or Lakers or overcome their age. No shame in that, they've had a great run.

Always coming through, Nas.

Rotoworld fail

And the thing with the Spurs is... age. Years are flying by, while the big 3 gets older and older. And when that happens, injuries occur. That and RJeff game seems off. Age too, or just not in the right situation? A lot of people want to give the Spurs the benefit of doubt, because of how good an organization/good a coach Pop is, but, you can't do much about father time.

Sorry guys I can't say the SPURS are done untill DUNCAN comes out and says HE is done. Which is coming soon. 
embarassed.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif

until then I just expect the Spurs to put out the best team and hope for the best.

Sure Duncan is still one of the top PFs in the league still, but even thats a reach. But the rest of his team is on the same page as Duncan in terms of aging and declining. Sadly savvy veternship can only get you so far; and the Spurs have ran their course and milked this borderline DYNASTY squad for as long as they could. It would be in their best interest to blow @@+@ up and put the team in the hands of their great front office and do work.

This I can respect and understand as well. Its kinda like the Kings a few years ago (although we sucked not cuz we were old....we just sucked
laugh.gif
)  where we were stuck in mediocrity until Petrie decided to blow it up by trading away Miller/Salmons and then Martin so that we could start fresh.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

This I can respect and understand as well. Its kinda like the Kings a few years ago (although we sucked not cuz we were old....we just sucked
laugh.gif
)  where we were stuck in mediocrity until Petrie decided to blow it up by trading away Miller/Salmons and then Martin so that we could start fresh.
Building around Mike Bibby and Peja FTL! I still miss Martin on the Kings tho. Too bad he couldn't co-exist with Tyreke in his limited time there. Considering he did better on the Rockets last season with another shoot first PG in Brooks... 

Originally Posted by franchise3

So did Shaun Livingston really sign a 2 year 17M contract? Is that right? That's 8.5M a year.

How did this guy get paid more than a Luke Ridnour and some other dudes?

IF he can play a full season...he's WAY better than Luke Ridnour

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
Building around Mike Bibby and Peja FTL! I still miss Martin on the Kings tho. Too bad he couldn't co-exist with Tyreke in his limited time there. Considering he did better on the Rockets last season with another shoot first PG in Brooks... 
For some reason I just hated Kevin Martin
laugh.gif
i think it has something to do with him being a terrible neighbor when he was here still
nerd.gif
smh.gif
seriously I hate him
laugh.gif

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68265/20100721/raptors_face_competition_for_barnes/[/h2]
[h2]Raptors Face Competition For Barnes[/h2]
Barnes_Matt_orl_100210.jpg

Jul 21, 2010 7:36 AM EST

tor_40.gif
Five teams remain in the running to sign free-agent forward Matt Barnes, according to sources.

The Raptors are still one of those teams, despite the unlikelihood of a sign-and-trade with the Magic that Barnes thought would be completed by now.

In addition to the Raptors, Barnes is weighing interest from the Cavaliers, Heat, Celtics and Lakers.

Barnes announced on his Twitter feed Monday night that he was headed to Toronto, but the deal feel through when it became apparent that the Magic had limited sign-and-trade options.

"It's something we've discussed and talked about," Magic general manager Otis Smith told the Orlando Sentinel on Tuesday when asked about the sign-and-trade talks with Toronto.

"At this point nothing has happened," Smith continued, "and I don't really anticipate anything happening."

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68271/20100721/sixers_sign_tony_battie/[/h2]
[h2]Sixers Sign Tony Battie[/h2]
Jul 21, 2010 2:23 PM EST

phi_40.gif
Philadelphia GM Ed Stefanski announced today that the team has signed free agent center Tony Battie.

“We see Tony Battie as a player who can come in and give us additional depth in the front court while also providing a valuable veteran presence for our younger players both on and off the court,

Damn, I feel like Simmons should pay me a little money for his book. 
laugh.gif

Check out Amar’e Stoudemire, who scores 22 to 25 points a night for Phoenix, grabs two rebounds a quarter, screws up defensively over and over again, botches every defensive switch, doesn’t make anyone else better, doesn’t create shots for anyone else and doesn’t feel any responsibility to carry his franchise even as Phoenix pays him as its franchise player. Did Amar’e get voted by fans into the West’s starting lineup for the 2009 All-Star Game with the Nash era imploding and the Suns shopping him more vigorously than Spencer and Heidi shopped their fake wedding pictures?
24 Of course he did.

I wish Amare went to Utah last year.  Still would have had an elite PG with him (Deron) but that banger that could do all the dirty work Amare won't (Boozer) I think in that situation Amare could thrive.  Shaq wasn't mobile enough, nor did he care enough about boards and defense to cover up for Amare. 

Or even Chicago with Rose and Noah.  That woulda worked too. 
smh.gif

Hope the Knicks listen to me Pro and go that route. 

embarassed.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif

That's fine, but no matter how you slice it, you are in denial. That team is finished.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

embarassed.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif

That's fine, but no matter how you slice it, you are in denial. That team is finished.

Just to take this thread in a different direction for maybe a few replies or so, I'm wondering how you guys think the Minnesota Timberwolves are going to do this upcoming season, based on the moves they've made. Put aside your mockery of David Kahn just for a quick second, and only focus on the players.

Additions: Wes Johnson, Michael Beasley, Martell Webster, Nikola Pekovic, Luke Ridnour
Departures: Al Jefferson, Ramon Sessions (probably), Oleskiy Pecherov, Sasha Pavlovic, Damien Wilkins, Ryan Gomes.

PG- Jonny Flynn, Luke Ridnour
SG- Wes Johnson, Martell Webster (could be flip flopped)
SF- Michael Beasley, Corey Brewer
PF- Kevin Love, Nikola Pekovic
C- Darko Milicic, Ryan Hollins

They're definitely improved from last year, but how much improved? I say 26 or 27 wins, which would be up 11 from last year.

I'm just wondering what the outsider's perspective is... because a lot of homers on other boards are saying 30-35 wins
eyes.gif

I just expect the Spurs to put out the best team and hope for the best. 

For the fools who do not know how to read.
smh.gif

Jefferson back with Spurs after opting out of deal

By PAUL J. WEBER, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 1 minute ago

SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Richard Jefferson(notes) is returning to the San Antonio Spurs after opting out of his old contract that would have paid him $15 million next season.

The Spurs announced Wednesday they have re-signed the veteran swingman. Terms were not disclosed, though Jefferson was willing to part with his bloated deal that expired next summer for longer-term security.

Jefferson struggles with the Spurs after being traded from Milwaukee. The Spurs took on his hefty contract hoping the 30-year-old would bring a jolt to their championship core of Tim Duncan(notes), Tony Parker(notes) and Manu Ginobili(notes).

Jefferson’s 12.3 scoring average was the lowest since his rookie year, though coach Gregg Popovich has stood by him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-spurs-jefferson

sick.gif
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

better then last year, but eh.

im tempted to say 20 games max, but if they're lucky, ill give them 30.

I could see them winning 25 to 30 games. They'll be high flying and 3 point shooting so their scoring might win a few games. Beasley for most improved
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom