* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

[h1]Wade, Bosh Meet In L.A.[/h1]
Jun 10, 2010 6:16 PM EST

Bosh_Chris_tor.jpg
Dwyane Wade was spotted at BOA Steakhouse in Los Angeles along with girlfriend Gabrielle Union and Chris Bosh, among others.

Bosh and Wade are both free agents in waiting and there is some speculation that the two could sign together in Miami or even New York next season.

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ces_bulls_were_late_addition_to_lebrons_list/[/h1]
[h1]Sources: Bulls Were Late Addition To LeBron's List[/h1]Jun 10, 2010 5:35 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
By Christopher Reina

According to two sources with knowledge of the thinking within theinner circle of LeBron James, the Chicago Bulls were a late addition tothe list of teams he would genuinely consider in order to establish analternative to the New York Knicks should he decide to leave theCleveland Cavaliers this summer.

There are three distinct components and motivations behind the strategy:

The first is to quell the loud rumors that James has had stronginterest in signing with the Knicks as a free agent, which had beenbuilding for almost two years and were perceived to be on the verge ofspiraling out of control after the Celtics knocked the Cavaliers out ofthe playoffs. Indeed, the New York chatter had literally become achorus when the Boston crowd serenaded James with “New York Knicks

laugh.gif
@ Dirk going to New Jersey...
laugh.gif
Yeah right... He's not leaving Dallas to play on a crappy team and for a coach he hates... If he leaves, it's for somewhere he has a VERY real shot at a championship next year.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
@ Dirk going to New Jersey...
laugh.gif
Yeah right... He's not leaving Dallas to play on a crappy team and for a coach he hates... If he leaves, it's for somewhere he has a VERY real shot at a championship next year.
yea like the mavs right ?

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67129/20100610/hawks_getting_closer_on_coach_search/[/h1]
[h1]Hawks Getting Closer On Coach Search[/h1]

Jun 10, 2010 8:52 PM EST

Casey_Dwane_min.jpg
The Hawks will hold a conference call on Friday to determine whichcandidate should be offered their head coaching job, sources withknowledge of the search told Yahoo! Sports.

Ownership is currently divided on which candidate, Dallas Mavericksassistant Dwane Casey, Hawks assistant Larry Drew or TV broadcasterMark Jackson should be offered the job.

The Hawks hope to extend an offer by the weekend.

[h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67143/20100611/tyson_chandler_may_become_free_agent/[/h1]
[h1]Tyson Chandler May Become Free Agent[/h1]

Jun 11, 2010 4:17 PM EST

Chandler_Tyson_cha.jpg
Bobcats center Tyson Chandler is seriously considering exercising theearly termination option in his contract, a source told ESPN.com's ChadFord.

If he does so, he'll give up the $12.6 million he's scheduled toearn in 2010-11 and would become an unrestricted free agent on July 1st.

Chandler has struggled over the last two seasons, but the source says he's finally completely healthy.

"He's gotten all of his issues taken care of," the source said, "andhe's gearing up to have a big year next season. I think you're going tosee the same Tyson who played so well for the Hornets a few years ago."

[h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67144/20100611/kings_will_try_to_accommodate_nocioni/[/h1]
[h1]Kings Will Try To Accommodate Nocioni[/h1]

Jun 11, 2010 4:23 PM EST

Nocioni_Andres_sac.jpg
Kings forward Andres Nocioni would like to be traded this offseason and the team will work to accommodate his request.

The Sacramento Bee writes that if the Kings aren't able to tradeNocioni, they expect him to show up to training camp ready to play.

"I think that's just a different version of what we've covered,"said Kings president Geoff Petrie. "We kind of know how everybodyfeels. When and if and how, we don't know. There's nothing new there."

A buyout might be an easy avenue for Nocioni to get what he wants, but it sounds as though Petrie would prefer to trade him.

"He's still a productive player and he can still help teams," Petrie said. "He can still play."

[h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67142/20100611/rivers_hopes_celtics_re_sign_ray_allen/[/h1]
[h1]Rivers Hopes Celtics Re-Sign Ray Allen[/h1]

Jun 11, 2010 4:11 PM EST

Allen_Ray_bos.jpg
Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Friday that he hopes guard Ray Allen is able to re-sign with the team this season.

Allen's five-year contract, which he signed with Seattle back in 2005, will expire after the season.

"I think I've said in the middle of the year, hopefully we sign Rayback," Rivers said. "I think I can say that, if not I just got fined[for tampering]."

Allen has said many times this season that he'd like to remain withBoston and that he's aware he'll have to take a serious reduction fromthe $19.7 million he earned this season.

[h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...1/thorn_went_with_gut_decision_to_hire_avery/[/h1]
[h1]Thorn Went With 'Gut Decision' To Hire Avery[/h1]

Jun 11, 2010 11:08 AM EST

Johnson_Avery_dal.jpg
In hiring Avery Johnson to become the next head coach of the Nets, Rod Thorn made a gut decision.

“You talk to people, and it’s a gut decision more than anything elseafter that,

[h1]Sources: Hawks hiring Drew[/h1]
spears.png

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 43 minutes ago

The Atlanta Hawks have promoted assistant Larry Drew to become their next head coach, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Drew has been a Hawks assistant for six seasons and has 16 years of coaching experience but has never been a head coach. Drew, who also played 10 seasons in the NBA, was popular with the Hawks players, which helped him land the job after Mike Woodson was fired following a second-round loss to the Orlando Magic.

Drew, who was working out final contract details with the team, was hired over Dallas Mavericks assistant Dwane Casey and NBA television analyst and former player Mark Jackson. Hawks ownership made the decision following a conference call with team officials.

The Hawks made it to the playoffs three straight seasons, but were dominated in the second round the last two years.

[h1]Izzo weighing possible post-LeBron future[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 27 minutes ago

Michigan State’s Tom Izzo would have already accepted the Cleveland Cavaliers’ coaching job, but his final pause remains a willingness to preside over a rebuilding process if LeBron James(notes) leaves, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

From owner Dan Gilbert’s selling, as well as his conversations with outside sources, Izzo has a “level of comfort

Chandler is about to make 13M I believe this upcoming season then be a FA.

Is it really smart for him to leave 13M on the table though?

He'll get a multi year offer probably, which will net him some long term stability, but doubt for anything close to 10M+ a year.

I think he'd be better served to take the 13M this year, prove you're healthy, put in a productive season and then cash in next year.

Why would the Lakers go after Chandler? That Bynum-for-Bosh rumor is a pipe dream imo.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Chandler is about to make 13M I believe this upcoming season then be a FA.

Is it really smart for him to leave 13M on the table though?

He'll get a multi year offer probably, which will net him some long term stability, but doubt for anything close to 10M+ a year.

I think he'd be better served to take the 13M this year, prove you're healthy, put in a productive season and then cash in next year.
But with the new CBA coming, maybe he'll take a deal now rather than risk waiting.

I can see OKC ($14m) or Miami ($24m) using some of their cap space on him.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Why would the Lakers go after Chandler? That Bynum-for-Bosh rumor is a pipe dream imo.
Bosh coming here is never happening. Who knows if Drew will ever be legitimately healthy again, and even if he is what big men do we have on the bench. Tyson is obviously an upgrade over DJ and Powell. Now while I dont think Tyson has much left just his defensive mentality is a plus for any team he goes to, atleast if hes able to get on the court.

The Cleveland Cavs entire roster isn't worth either Monta or the #6 pick.
laugh.gif

Got to walk on the Thunder's floor today at the select a seat. Court really didn't seem that huge in person, in fact seemed small, but then again the court we usually play pickup on is the same 94x50, has the oversized 72 inch backboards, and the rims are 10'3. But it was still neat to me; upgraded my seats to another price level closer and it's the tunnel the dancer chics come out of. I still might call my rep Monday and try to get back to the other side by the visitor's bench though.

By the way, let's talk about how dumb Stern and the 2-3-2 and the Sun-Tue-Thu format is stupid. You get the extra day between Thu and Sunday for travel/rest right, except that's not when the venue change is. Game 4 yesterday was in Boston, as is game 5 on Sunday. So you still only get 2 days between 5-6, which is also when you have to travel across the entire country.

Why rush the schedule in the finals when the preceeding series, there was times when it would be like 4-5 days between games?

Back
Top Bottom