* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

OJ was a Timberwolf.

Hey while I'm at it...

Ray Allen was a Timberwolf.
Brandon Roy was a Timberwolf.
Chauncey Billups was a Timberwolf.

Etc Etc. Etc.

Aight, self pity session over
laugh.gif

I don't see Lebron to the Clips.

Timberwolves haven't had a nationally televised game in two years.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

OJ was a Timberwolf.

Hey while I'm at it...

Etc Etc. Etc.

laugh.gif
I'll remember when Ricky Rubio was a Timberwolf.

OJ was a Timberwolf.

Hey while I'm at it...

Etc Etc. Etc.

laugh.gif

I don't see Lebron to the Clips.

Timberwolves haven't had a nationally televised game in two years.
smh.gif

The Lakers were Minnesota too. 
nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

OJ was a Timberwolf.

Hey while I'm at it...

Etc Etc. Etc.

laugh.gif
I'll remember when Ricky Rubio was a Timberwolf.
roll.gif

Are New Orleans fans slowly coming around to wanting Chris Paul traded? I've been taking a peak at some of their boards and seen a few things. I don't think it happens during this offseason, but when the Hornets are not in the playoff picture this season, I expect him to be the big prize of the 2011 trade deadline.

We got the assets to make a KG-#@* type offer to them and if I'm Memphis my focus this off-season is to be prepared to make a huge offer to New Orleans at the deadline. Whether we do it or not is a big "IF" though.

An offer at the deadline would be: Mayo, Conley, ZBo ($16mil expiring), Thabeet, future picks for Chris Paul, Emeka Okafor (bad contract), James Posey (bad contract), and Julian Wright. Then I'll wait on CP3 to turn Rudy Gay into a star.
laugh.gif

why the %!#$ would we want Zach Randolph?

laugh.gif

I promise some people just think so one-sided on situations. I bet you probably think getting Zach would be a long-term fit for you guys and that the Sixers are on there way to a championship, so adding Zach for 1 year will hurt that teams chance? No, he's a damn $16mil expiring contract and in the process you just might be able to get rid of Brand's whack @@+ deal. I believe Zach has the biggest most productive expiring deal this season. Some of his contract is deferred as well, I don't know how much though. I think instead of paying him $16mil, it would be something like $11-12mil.

but see boston gave up all of that for KG and was still good. if memphis does that trade for CP3 will they would look like well the Horents

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

but see boston gave up all of that for KG and was still good. if memphis does that trade for CP3 will they would look like well the Horents
Yea after they went and got Ray Allen too. If we drafted Paul George this year and held on to Brewer, Gay, Gasol, etc., you think we wouldn't be one of the better teams in the West with other old teams beginning to shake up and decline?

Paul, George, Gay, Okafor, Gasol and then of course you would have other guys on the bench (Posey, Wright, Brewer, Sam Young, a free agent signing, etc.). I just think if you virtually replace Conley with Paul, a combination of Brewer and George with what OJ gave you (plus longer defensively and a bigger backcourt), replace Zach offensive production with Okafor's defensive production and you have a better team IMO. Thabeet wasn't effective enough his first year to say he won games for us, so even though we lose him we don't lose much production with Haddadi still being here.

Not to mention the improvement Rudy and Gasol makes from playing with a much improved PG. I don't believe we would win a championship, but if we continue to tweak the roster and add more pieces we would be a lot more competitive and competing at a high level . Then, you have one of the better PG's in the league possibly turning Rudy and Gasol into all-stars due to his playmaking ability.

Oh Mike, I have a feeling you're going to regret that comment.  Shoulda just co-signed him homie. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Enjoy the game tonight ya'll. 

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Unless Chris Paul signs an extension immediately(fat chance), it's not worth the risk.
Yea, that's the scary risk of making a move like that.

Would the team play well enough to make Paul think he should sign an extension with them?

I feel sometimes you have to take big risks like that and be confident enough in the team you put together to make an impact. My main reasoning for wanting to make a move like that because I think it automatically makes Rudy and Marc better players and possible all-stars. Balance the team out with defenders and shooters and you got yourself a team.

[h1]Amar’e Stoudemire does not plan to exercise player option [/h1]
Posted by Inside Hoops
Jun 8

Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic reports:
[table][tr][td]
amare_stoudemire.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table]
Phoenix Suns All-Star Amar’e Stoudemire said today that there is “no chance

Amare Stoudemire needs to find a different career.

I'm hopin someone will eventually put some sense into his brain!!!!!!!!!

I'm sick of seeing Golden State on ESPN or TNT. *@!# that. If I wanted to see a fast paced team lose by 30 every time they're on TV, I would watch the Knicks like I normally do. Those games should be for GOOD teams that people on either coast or stuck in middle don't get a chance to see that often.

* 2010 NBA Off-Season Thread: Amare won't exercise option, Turk back to Suckramento? *

"You're black" says the kettle to the pot

laugh.gif
 J/k or am I
nerd.gif

And yes, I am bored

[h2]http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=29584[/h2]
[h2]Breaking News: Tom Izzo Informs Michigan State Players He Plans To Take Cavaliers Head Coaching Position[/h2]Sources close to WFNY have informed us that Tom Izzo has told his players at Michigan State that he plans on taking the Cavaliers job.  Our sources have heard directly from players on the MSU team that Izzo informed them this week that he is planning on making the move up to the NBA level under the ownership of MSU grad Dan Gilbert.  We have also heard from a separate source that Izzo is holding off on announcing this until the end of the week, when his kids finish up school in the Lansing area.  While Izzo could always change his mind, we are comfortable reporting that he has in fact informed his players at Michigan State that he will be taking the Cavaliers job.

More details as we get them.

Wow if true.

Nets and Avery Johnson have agreed to a deal. Devin Harris is about to kill himself.

I would have thought it'd take 8 mill a year to jump. If true, I'm interested to see the number.

Just got the text about Avery & the Nets. Wow...Im shocked. I would leave the team based on his voice alone Smh

My question is when will NBA teams learn that hiring successful college coaches RARELY work out? Smfh

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

[h2]http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=29584[/h2]
[h2]Breaking News: Tom Izzo Informs Michigan State Players He Plans To Take Cavaliers Head Coaching Position[/h2]Sources close to WFNY have informed us that Tom Izzo has told his players at Michigan State that he plans on taking the Cavaliers job.  Our sources have heard directly from players on the MSU team that Izzo informed them this week that he is planning on making the move up to the NBA level under the ownership of MSU grad Dan Gilbert.  We have also heard from a separate source that Izzo is holding off on announcing this until the end of the week, when his kids finish up school in the Lansing area.  While Izzo could always change his mind, we are comfortable reporting that he has in fact informed his players at Michigan State that he will be taking the Cavaliers job.

More details as we get them.

Wow if true.

Nets and Avery Johnson have agreed to a deal. Devin Harris is about to kill himself.

laugh.gif

Bron isn't goin to go back to play for a college coach with an aging roster is he? 
laugh.gif

Did Cleveland just seal their fate? 

Amary staying in Phoenix? 
pimp.gif
  No heart or titles for Phoenix for another 5-6 years. 
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom