* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Tom Izzo is Michigan State.

I doubt this is true, and despite being a Golden Gophers CBB fan, I'd be really disappointed if he left Michigan State.

Very happy with the hire

maybe he will get devin to play defense again

Helps brook alot as well

waiting for japan air to give me the low down about how I will go nuts with him as coach though since he knows how I get In the nets threads

lol

Originally Posted by iceman3699

yes to Avery!!

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Very happy with the hire

Helps brook alot as well

waiting for japan air to give me the low down about how I will go nuts with him as coach though since he knows how I get In the nets threads

lol
laugh.gif
Me too. I wanna everything about this dude. 

Originally Posted by iceman3699

yes to Avery!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Very happy with the hire

Helps brook alot as well

lol
laugh.gif
I wanna know everything about dude.

I heard Avery has won 74% of his games.
pimp.gif

krazy88s wrote:

pimp.gif

Regular season games. 

Awesome. 

This wasn't a dig at NJ, this was for "mighty" Dallas whom I fear so much inside. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

krazy88s wrote:

pimp.gif
Regular season games. 

Awesome. 

This wasn't a dig at NJ, this was for "mighty" Dallas whom I fear so much inside. 
laugh.gif

Eh, I'll still take it.

Hell, after starting the season damn near 0-infinity I'll take anything over last year for us.
laugh.gif

Just gimme a coach who can actually coach and I'm straight. Kiki was atrocious.

Tom Izzo rejected an offer last week to fill the head coaching vacancy in Chicago, according to the chairman of Michigan State University's Board of Trustees.

The Cavs have made Izzo an offer believed to be approximately $6 million per season. Izzo may make his intentions known soon with both Michigan State and Cleveland awaiting a decision.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm....bulls_job/#ixzz0qOia12pU

Avery is a great coach to me. Motivates his players and make them play D. Good move for Nets

i don't think i'd be able to handle that voice of his

supposedly izzo is taking the job

Jun 09, 2010 7:56 PM EST

On Tuesday night, Tom Izzo called a meeting to let his players knowthat he had, in fact, been offered the head coaching job in Cleveland.

Though he did not notify them of any decision, Michigan Stateplayers left that meeting believing that Izzo was going to leave toaccept the Cavs' position.

As of Wednesday afternoon, Izzo still had not made a final decision.

Via The Plain Dealer

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...lieve_izzo_will_leave_for_cavs/#ixzz0qPegdAAJ

[h1]Michigan State coach Tom Izzo reportedly will visit Cleveland today, meet Cavaliers officials[/h1][h5]Published: Wednesday, June 09, 2010, 11:41 PM     Updated: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 12:09 AM[/h5]
Brian Windhorst, The Plain Dealer

http:///www.cleveland.com/sendthispage/sendthispage.ssf?">http://www.cleveland.com/...ispage/...ispage.ssf?'+location.href,490,510);">http://blog.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/print.html?entry=/2010/06/sources_say_msu_players_believ.html

UPDATED: 11:57 p.m.

izzo-horiz-apjpg-87a92df1a5d86a3e_large.jpg

Michael Conroy / Associated PressSources are telling The Plain Dealer that Michigan State basketball coach Tom Izzo could be visiting Cleveland on Thursday. Some of his MSU players believe he's close to taking the Cavaliers head coaching position.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Tom Izzo has flirted with NBA jobs before and then backed away from the edge only to stay at Michigan State.  

There's a chance that is what could be happening with his latest suitor, the Cavaliers. But there's no doubt the Michigan State coach is getting closer to that edge.

According to a Michigan State source, Izzo has scheduled a trip to Cleveland on Thursday to meet with team officials and possibly tour the Cavs' facilities. Whether or not Izzo will go through with the trip is unknown.

That isn't the only sign he's gotten serious about Dan Gilbert's offer to replace Mike Brown. Sources told The Plain Dealer Wednesday that Michigan State players left a meeting with Izzo Tuesday night believing he was going to take the Cavs' job.

Izzo didn't tell the players that directly. He called the meeting to acknowledge reports that he'd been offered the job, but players left afraid they were about to lose their coach.

Several other sources, however, indicated Izzo hadn't made a final decision. The expectation is he will take at least a couple more days to make up his mind.

LeBron James is expected to take considerably longer to make up his mind about his future.

With so much uncertainty, the Cavs are hedging their bets. According to a league source, the Cavs have opened discussions with former Nets and Hornets head coach Byron Scott. ESPN reported on Wednesday that Scott could interview with the team before the end of the week. However, sources indicate Izzo is still Gilbert's first choice.

This is not the first time Izzo has been in this position. He has declined offers to leave for the NBA numerous times over the last 10 years. He's been on the brink a few times, especially with the Atlanta Hawks in 2000, before deciding to stay with the Spartans.His latest rejection of an NBA job was recent as well. A Michigan State trustee told both the Chicago Tribune and the Detroit News on Wednesday that the Chicago Bulls talked to Izzo about their open coaching job before hiring Tom Thibodeau last week.

Trustee Joel Ferguson told the Tribune: "Tom thought he could get the job" with the Bulls.

Izzo's flirtation with the Bulls aside, at least some Spartans seem worried it will turn into a yes this time. A difference in the two jobs, in addition to the possibility James would re-sign, is that the Cavs have a larger budget for their coaching position.

Gilbert has offered Izzo at least $6 million a year to leave East Lansing after 15 highly-successful seasons. Thibodeau signed a three-year contract worth a reported $6.5 million with just two years guaranteed. The chance to make significantly more money plus work for someone, in Gilbert, who Izzo knows seems to be getting him to consider the Cavs more deeply.

The entire ordeal, though, is applying stress to Michigan State and the uncertainty may also be affecting recruiting efforts. It seemed to boil over a bit on Wednesday when athletic director Mark Hollis issued a terse statement attacking the media for the coverage of Izzo's potential departure.

"There have been many ridiculous reports," Hollis said in the statement. "I'm angry at the impact they have on student-athletes, coaches, wives and children, and other people at universities and organizations. Tom Izzo is the head basketball coach at Michigan State University."

However, Michigan State has acknowledged the Cavs are interested. The Cavs have said they're interested. Izzo has declined to comment or dismiss the speculation. Now his players are concerned they are losing their coach.

Which is why the Cavs might just be close to getting theirs.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

dirk to the nets ?
nerd.gif
hmmmm...
Devin Harris

Courtney Lee

Dirk

Cousins

Brook Lopez

pimp.gif

playoffs..?
not happening. i see the nets getting Rudy Gay more than any other free agent.

pimp.gif
nerd.gif

Izzo is hands down one of the best hoops coaches on the planet, regardless of level...

This would also destroy MSU basketball.
smokin.gif

God I hope Dirk doesn't end up with the Nets. Unless they're able to get another big free agent.

Nets - Johnson and Lee orBoozer

Harris-Johnson-CDR-Boozer or Lee- Lopez

Avery can do a lot with that, he pushes his players

Back
Top Bottom