* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h1]Sources: Turkoglu longs for return to Kings[/h1]
Forget Chris Bosh! Michael Jordan of Turkey wants to play in Sacramento!? Clearly a first in NBA league history.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I'm from Long Beach and  I don't see Snoop lookin to put me on his next record anytime soon. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
How long have you been saving that gem?

Thing with hiring Izzo is, yeah, he might be fail on this level, but I think Gilbert gave Ferry his run at doing things Ferry's way, and nothing has come from it. Ferry did all these moves, stood behind Mike Brown, etc.

Guess Gilbert is figuring he's gonna have more say from now on.

If I'm Sacramento, why even bring back Turk? It's basically a rebuilding process, and do they really want to be tied up with dude's contract? But I guess bringing him back fills a need at SF, and taps into their fan base, since he was well liked over there.

Come on Pro, I don't premeditate posts, that just came naturally.  Scouts honor.  Never was a scout, but scouts honor anyways.  
laugh.gif

Nas, barely remember the joint, honestly didn't even know it was 562, moved  to Temple City from there (near Pasadena) and then up to Modesto area later on, then hell, er Oregon. 
smh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

If I'm Sacramento, why even bring back Turk? It's basically a rebuilding process, and do they really want to be tied up with dude's contract? But I guess bringing him back fills a need at SF, and taps into their fan base, since he was well liked over there.
If the Kings are even remotely interested, Nocioni + Garcia or Beno for Hedo + garbage might work. I would do it if the Raptors are dumb enough to take Nocioni + Garcia. The Kings need a PG either to start with Tyreke or come off the bench so Beno has to stay for now. Best case scenario is still Bosh coming to Sac, but that will never happen.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Nas, barely remember the joint, honestly didn't even know it was 562, moved  to Temple City from there (near Pasadena) and then up to Modesto area later on, then hell, er Oregon. 
smh.gif
 No way Modesto can be better than Oregon. Modesto is worse than Sacramento... No offense to Central Valley folks though.

I can actually see us going after Jefferson because he gives us the same production as Zach almost and he's about 4 years younger.

It will show that Memphis is committed to paying for OJ, Jefferson and Marc long-term. We wouldn't just get Jefferson back in that deal though after giving up Rudy and Zach.

AP source: Tom Izzo, Cavaliers discuss contract

By LARRY LAGE(AP)–46 minutes ago

Tom Izzo will owe Michigan State $500,000 if he leaves to coach the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Cutting a check shouldn't be a problem.

A person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Cavs owner Dan Gilbert and Izzo discussed terms of a possible contract that would pay the coach up to $6 million a year for four or five seasons. Use of one of Gilbert's jets has not been discussed.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the discussions were to be confidential.

The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer first reported Monday that Gilbert and Izzo talked about the framework of a deal, worth about $6 million a season for up to five years.

Izzo makes more than $3 million a season and is under contract through 2016. Kentucky gave John Calipari an eight-year contract topping $31 million last year, the largest known deal for a college basketball coach.

According to the latest version of Izzo's deal — which was last signed by him on Sept. 4, 2009 — he has to pay the school $500,000 within 30 days of terminating his employment if he takes a job in pro or college basketball.

Since the Atlanta Hawks offered Izzo a lucrative offer to leave Michigan State after he won the 2000 national championship, his name has been mentioned regularly for openings in the NBA and NCAA.

He has turned deals down in the past, or has chosen not to pursue possible opportunities, but the Cavs might give him an offer too good to refuse.

Especially, if Izzo knows — or has a good indication — that LeBron James will re-sign in Cleveland.

A message was left Tuesday by the AP for Izzo, who didn't confirm or deny the Cavs-related reports in a radio interview Monday night.

"I've taken the no-comment-on-all-of-it policy, which is a little bit unlike Tom Izzo," he said on WILS radio in Lansing, Mich. "But I've been very consistent with that. And maybe to close it up, I would just say there are so many things out there that are so far-fetched right now.

"I'm the Michigan State coach and that's what I'm going to do right now. Who knows what the future brings? But it sure isn't at all like it's maybe being speculated."

Gilbert reiterated in an e-mail Monday to the AP the team's policy is to not comment on "any rumor about potential new hires, trades, free agent signing, etc." Complicating his coaching search is the uncertainty surrounding James, the jewel of the marketplace when free agency opens July 1. James said in an interview last week Cleveland has "an edge" in re-signing him.

Izzo led the Spartans to the Final Four this year for the sixth time in 12 seasons. The late John Wooden at UCLA and Duke's Mike Krzyzewski are the only other coaches who have accomplished that feat.

If the Cavs want Izzo, they could offer him a chance to make twice as much as he does in East Lansing, where he has roots dating to 1983 when he was hired as an assistant coach. Izzo is from Iron Mountain, Mich., and has been Michigan State's coach since the 1995-96 season. He was promoted following Jud Heathcote's retirement.

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Sweet. Hedo wants to come to Sac. Do it Petrie.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
good god its rumors like these that make me nervous

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

It will show that Memphis is committed to paying for OJ, Jefferson and Marc long-term. We wouldn't just get Jefferson back in that deal though after giving up Rudy and Zach.
We wouldn't even ask for Randolph in return though. Someone else probably.

Lebron leaving Cleveland and going to either Chicago or Miami means more TV time for other teams around the league.
pimp.gif

The league shows Chicago and Miami alot anyways already.

Probably more Thunder on TV next season. Not sure about the Grizzlies man... Less Warriors tho rite? Haha. The Bay Area does have a big fan base though.

Warriors games will get aired because they're on the west coast. ESPN/TNT can only show so many Lakers, Blazers and Suns games.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Probably more Thunder on TV next season. Not sure about the Grizzlies man... Less Warriors tho rite? Haha. The Bay Area does have a big fan base though.
I don't see why they wouldn't put more games on there for the Grizz. At most, I would expect about 4 games. We usually only get 1 game each season and that's the MLK game. I was surprised that we got the OKC/MEM game at the end of the year. Its not like we some boring %$$ team and won't be competing for a playoff spot next season.

Alot of people actually liked watching the Grizz on TV this past season just because they ACTUALLY got to see the team play. Even bangdak became a fan.
laugh.gif

And jpz, I was talking about if a 3-way deal happened between 76ers/Grizz/Twolves. Sixers would be the team to pick up Zach.

Lebron leaving Cleveland and going to either Chicago or Miami means more TV time for other teams around the league.
pimp.gif

The league shows Chicago and Miami alot anyways already.

they will just max out on chicago and miami games

teams like the thunder and bucks will pick up more TV games

Would LeBron James be willing to play for the Los Angeles Clippers if Donald Sterling no longer owned the team? Billionaire entertainment mogul David Geffen wants to find out.

A source close to the situation confirmed a New York Post report that Geffen is interested in purchasing a majority share of the Clippers -- and that the long-shot attempt to convince Sterling to cede operating control of the team is among the reasons James and close friend Maverick Carter were in Los Angeles over the weekend.

http:///sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5264601&story=5264616">http://sports.espn.go.com...264601&...idth=640,height=550,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;" href="http://niketalk.yuku.com/editor/view#">[+] Enlarge
nba_g_geffen_300.jpg

Noel Vasquez/Getty ImageDavid Geffen, left, took in Game 2 of the NBA Finals at the Staples Center with Jeffrey Katzenberg, center, and Tom Cruise.

Sterling has insisted for nearly three decades that he will never sell the franchise. But the New York Post reported in Tuesday's editions that Geffen -- who already has a working relationship with James and Carter -- has expressed interest in buying a 51 percent stake in the Clippers.

James was invited to watch Game 2 of the NBA Finals at Staples Center in Geffen's seats, sources confirmed, but he ultimately elected not to attend Boston's eventual 103-94 victory, fearful of the spectacle his courtside presence would create at a time that James' impending free agency has routinely drawn media attention away from the playoffs.

Yet Carter, who handles the bulk of James' business dealings, did watch the game with Geffen.

"Mr. Sterling has never expressed a desire to sell any part of his team," Clippers president Andy Roeser told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday. "Because it is an asset of remarkable value, it's true that there have been countless inquiries over the years. But the Clippers have never been for sale."

The Clippers, to this point, have not been seriously mentioned along with teams such as Chicago, New York and New Jersey as a viable threat to lure James away from the Cleveland Cavaliers in free agency. That's despite the fact that the Clippers can offer him a promising group of potential sidekicks -- led by All-Star center Chris Kaman, forward Blake Griffin and guards Eric Gordon and Baron Davis -- as well as proximity to the many off-court business opportunities that only Hollywood can provide.

[h3][/h3]
The [New York] Post reported that Geffen has been chasing the Clippers "for quite some time" and told Sterling at a dinner last Friday that "he can deliver LeBron as long as he's calling the shots."

But the reason the Clippers have not been mentioned as a serious suitor is no mystery. Sources say that the Clippers won't factor into James' thinking as long as they continue to be run by Sterling, whose increased willingness to spend over the past decade has done little to change his reputation as one of the league's worst owners.

Geffen, by contrast, is another wildly successful businessman who, like investor Warren Buffett, appears to have quickly secured James' respect. As a record executive, film and theatrical producer and one of three co-founders of DreamWorks Studios, Geffen has a net worth estimated at $4.6 billion by Forbes Magazine.

The Post reported that Geffen has been chasing the Clippers "for quite some time" and told Sterling at a dinner last Friday that "he can deliver LeBron as long as he's calling the shots."

Sterling, however, has not only resisted any attempt to purchase the team but declined repeated invitations from cities such as Anaheim to move the franchise out of Los Angeles and away from the Lakers' considerable shadow.

The Times also confirmed Geffen's interest in buying into the Clippers, quoting "multiple sources" on its website Tuesday, but said that "not all sources" put the stake Geffen covets at 51 percent.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I don't see why they wouldn't put more games on there for the Grizz. At most, I would expect about 4 games. We usually only get 1 game each season and that's the MLK game. I was surprised that we got the OKC/MEM game at the end of the year. Its not like we some boring %$$ team and won't be competing for a playoff spot next season.

Alot of people actually liked watching the Grizz on TV this past season just because they ACTUALLY got to see the team play. Even bangdak became a fan.
laugh.gif

And jpz, I was talking about if a 3-way deal happened between 76ers/Grizz/Twolves. Sixers would be the team to pick up Zach.

why the %!#$ would we want Zach Randolph?
Knicks, Rockets, Sixers, Nets, Kings, Bucks, Clippers, Bobcats and Thunder will all probably atleast double the amount they were on national TV from last year. Wizards will probably get around 5 or 6 games just because of John Wall but they were on TV a *$!# load last year when they sucked. If the Grizzlies have a really good start to the season then they might get some flex schedule games later in the season but they'll probably only have one game on ESPN to start with. Cavs, Hawks, Spurs, Mavericks, Warriors and Pistons games will take a drop from last year. Raptors, Timberwolves, Pacers and Pistons probably won't get any games.

Haha. Hey now... The Kings might not be competing for a playoff spot next season, but I still want to see them on national TV. I already have the Warriors on local TV so I need me some Kings on TV (streaming is ok...) Clippers got some appearances last year too, but Blake was injured. Wonder if they will get appearances this time.

But yeah, Grizz should get some if they continue to improve.

With Yao Ming back in Houston... Back on TV!

lebron and clippers?

that would be crazy.
kobe and lebron same city.
but it's the bermuda triangle for nba careers to fade.
and also the clippers have the 8th pick.
do the clips have cap room?
it would be the best fit for him imo,
cavaliers are aging and prove they cannot win
bulls have d rose , i can't see them sharing the ball.
heat will have dwade? and lebron? that's a good fit.
but clippers
with baron, air gordon, blake griffin, kaman and lebron at the 3,
would be a sick starting line up IF the clippers stay healthy, but griffin needs to prove himself.
when does lebron HAVE to make a decision?
how long will his name linger this whole summer?

Bron to the Clips was my og wish, he's used to watchin the Lakers play in June anwyays, now he wouldn't have to fly around to do so at least. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The Clippers will someday be good.  I don't know when, but someday. 

Warriors get games also because we're fun to watch even though we stink it up. At least when we lose, we lose in an exciting way.
laugh.gif

The Clippers have a team that can be real solid in the future especially if Blake Griffin comes around.

Back
Top Bottom