* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

I really hope Melo doesn't sign that extension.
ohwell.gif

Rudy Gay and Max Contract are like oil and water

Melo might want to hold off. Doesnt the owner of the Nuggets have to sale the team because hes buying the Rams? If thats the case who knows who will buy the team and who they will hire and all that. New owners could come in and blow up everything and Melo would be stuck, he'd lose any leverage he has.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I'm shock melo is talking a about signing it and not testing waters next year

Why would you be shocked? The current CBA expires after next year, and maximum contracts could be signifcantly downsized in the next labor agreement.

Melo has already shown before that he definitely does not risk guranteed dollars(as opposed to Bron, Wade, and Bosh), when he signed previous deal. .
i forgot all about that

your 100% right

Rudy Gay with a guaranteed max deal = LOTS of rebounds for Love to chase down.  Dude could put up Wilt rebound numbers. 
laugh.gif

Melo should think REAL hard about takin a deal to stay in Denver.  I don't have faith in their mental game, and his prime is just tickin away out there, he may lock up his dollars, but he won't win nothin out there long term.  IMO he HAS to at least wait out this offseason and see where all the players fall, and see if he can find an opening thru that.  If all the players land out East, and the West is lite, then ok, but if some of them come out West and that conference gets dicey, he could get a whole lot of one and dones in his career.  Melo is better then that.  He needs to be chasin titles. 

Do the right thing Melo, the money will come later.....

If I was the T'Wolves and I wanted to get the number 2 pick and Rudy Gay, then I'd consider a 3 team trade with the Grizzlies and 76ers.

Philly gets Z-Bo
Memphis gets Al Jefferson
Minnesota gets number 2, Rudy Gay and Elton Brand

T'Wolves would have probably have to give up another player to make the contracts work, but I think it'd be a solid trade for them. Draft Derrick Favors who I think would do well alongside Love and use Brand as your veteran leader.

Or the T'Wolves could just draft Cousins at 4 who is going to be a pretty solid player and not tie themselves up with Brand's contract.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Melo might want to hold off. Doesnt the owner of the Nuggets have to sale the team because hes buying the Rams? If thats the case who knows who will buy the team and who they will hire and all that. New owners could come in and blow up everything and Melo would be stuck, he'd lose any leverage he has.

He's not really "selling" the Nuggets. He's basically just putting it in someone else's name in his family so he can buy the Rams. Unless something changed

Some Blazers related stuff

Talks about the Kevin Pritchard and the GM situation, Draft needs, Greg Oden's rehab, Rudy Fernandez getting traded on Draft night (to Minnesota to lure Rubio?) and Monty Williams leaving to New Orleans.

laugh.gif
@ the weather talk in the beginning. I feel bad for CP.

70s here all week in SoCal.
pimp.gif

No joke, the rain don't stop til after 4th of July every single year. 
smh.gif

We get weird weeks in like April/May where it's 60 and clear for a couple days, but once June hits, rain rain rain. 

Come October, back to rain rain rain. 
laugh.gif

Oh well. 

laugh.gif
 yeah, since I got "company" feedin me grapes at home (
wink.gif
) why would I feel the need to go out much? 

(Had to go with the edited version, last time I joked with Mike, we both caught warnings and that ain't right
smh.gif

tell your company AKA chester we are still waiting on his project next time he feeds you

Originally Posted by JPZx

The Blazers Beat Writer was on the radio in Portland today to talk about the Blazers and he said that he expects Rudy to be traded during the draft and the Wolves are apparently very interested in him because they view Rudy as a lure to get Rubio to the NBA

Interview here - http://www.955thegame.com/Kevin-Pritcha ... ns/7408560
http://www.955thegame.com/Kevin-Pritchard-on-his-Way-Out---Jason-Quick-Joins/7408560

i thought at one time Rudy was *****ing about the play over here in the USA?

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
don't tell me you got warned for translating...
laugh.gif
  Naw, it was a while back, one of those "took your girl out" type jokes, nothin serious, but came back the next day and both his and my posts were edited and we were sent warnings.  Wasn't even nothin either. 
smh.gif
  Musta been high profile thread or somethin. 

Back
Top Bottom