* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

thats only 2 teams that have been rumored for gay so far. and its 2 teams with bad front offices

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

thats only 2 teams that have been rumored for gay so far. and its 2 teams with bad front offices
Not counting the teams that want to trade for him like the Spurs have been rumored to doing.

Most teams going after him are going to be low market teams anyway because they don't have a chance at the big name free agents. I also wouldn't be surprised to see whoever nabs one of the superstars to make a move for Rudy after they get their first priority out of the way.

It just so happens that a lot of those low market teams with money (Clippers, Wizards, Twolves)  have bad front offices.

WojYahooNBA

LeBron's likely fine with Izzo as a pro coach, but clearly LBJ's people wanted no part of Dan Gilbert leaking he's "100 percent" behind it

If Danny Ferry was running the Cavs coaching search, this kind of overzealous and amateurish embarrassment wouldn't happen

Mike, I don’t see how the Celts are clowns.� KG, Perk, Ray Allen, PP, Rondo, Sheed, Tony Allen haven’t been out there blowin out birthday candles or takin fake pics or practicin 75 different ways to shake hands.� They are jumpin up and down celebratin wins in a finals series, not regular season wins in Memphis in January.� That ain’t clown, that’s emotion.� Little drool is alright.� Lol�

2yor9c1.gif

most teams going after him are going to be low market teams anyway because they don't have a chance at the big name free agents
so in part you just answered your own question.....

and the point to boston been clowns.

KG pounds his chest and talks $@!# even tho he is playing like a bum now and plays soft... ant that clown status?

nate does NOTHING for the most part yet talks $@!# and gets stupid techs.. clown status right?

sheed is a clown and we all know this

and dont need to start on Glen davis who has acted like a clown since he came into the NBA

PP and his stupid comments since the playoffs have started and NOTHING he has said came true

was that 2008 team full of clowns? but is this team full of clowns? HELL YES

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

It just so happens that a lot of those low market teams with money (Clippers, Wizards, Twolves)  have bad front offices.
*sigh*

Give Kahn one more off-season to get this team headed in the right direction before you judge him.

Good things he has done:

-Traded bum Randy Foye and average Mike Miller to the Wizards for the #5 pick in last year's draft.
-Obtained Darko Milicic for basically nothing at the deadline and he averaged about 10 & 6 from there on out. You have to give him credit sniffing out a guy's potential that didn't even set foot on the floor in NY. And it's not like they're throwing quality guys out on the court each night.
-Getting us so far under the cap last off-season that we have the chance to go after a big-time FA this summer.
-Worked out Ricky Rubio's buyout last August/September (which many speculated would be impossible at the pick he was taken) but in the end, Rubio decided to stay in Spain for two years and come back when the team is somewhat improved.

That is four pretty big things, and he has only been in office for about 365 days. Kahn's done fine in his first year. The Rubio pick is still TBD on whether it was a good move (we'll find out in the next year), and Flynn had an average year, but could make progressions if given some quality wings to run with.

Some of you have some absurd knee-jerk reactions and only listen to what ESPN tells you.

laugh.gif

I never seen most of those.

Good things he has done:

-Traded bum Randy Foye and average Mike Miller to the Wizards for the #5 pick in last year's draft.
-Obtained Darko Milicic for basically nothing at the deadline and he averaged about 10 & 6 from there on out. You have to give him credit sniffing out a guy's potential that didn't even set foot on the floor in NY. And it's not like they're throwing quality guys out on the court each night.
-Getting us so far under the cap last off-season that we have the chance to go after a big-time FA this summer.
-Worked out Ricky Rubio's buyout last August/September (which many speculated would be impossible at the pick he was taken) but in the end, Rubio decided to stay in Spain for two years and come back when the team is somewhat improved.

That is four pretty big things, and he has only been in office for about 365 days. Kahn's done fine in his first year. The Rubio pick is still TBD on whether it was a good move (we'll find out in the next year), and Flynn had an average year, but could make progressions if given some quality wings to run with.

Some of you have some absurd knee-jerk reactions and only listen to what ESPN tells you.
Well maybe I shouldn't said ya'll have a bad front office. It hasn't been long enough to come to that conclusion. It just seem like the name fit in with the Clippers and Wiz.
laugh.gif
 And I put ya'll in there since your team is one of the rumored teams going after Rudy supposedly.

laugh.gif

I never seen most of those.

Good things he has done:

Well maybe I shouldn't said ya'll have a bad front office. It hasn't been long enough to come to that conclusion. It just seem like the name fit in with the Clippers and Wiz.
laugh.gif
 And I put ya'll in there since your team is one of the rumored teams going after Rudy supposedly.

Agreed for the most part, but i wouldnt say Foye is a bum. And smfh at dantoni not giving any burn to darko
indifferent.gif
when he was clearly the best big man we had (not including lee if you consider him a big man).

When did Washington become a small market? I didn't catch that memo. Sure, its not NY, LA or Chitown... but I know you aren't telling me Miami is a bigger market than DC. 
The only thing that makes the Clippers a small market team is the fact they share their arena with the Lakers.

The only reason the Wizards have a hard time attracting free agents is due to how they treated talent in the past and bad management/ ownership. Not because DC is a small market...

Originally Posted by JPZx

*sigh*

Give Kahn one more off-season to get this team headed in the right direction before you judge him.

Good things he has done:

What's the point of having all that money when no major free agent will want to sign with Minnesota?

You really think that's why he decided to stay in Spain?  So that Minnesota could develop first and be a contender before he came over?

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

What's the point of having all that money when no major free agent will want to sign with Minnesota?

You really think that's why he decided to stay in Spain?  So that Minnesota could develop first and be a contender before he came over?
1.) It can give us a lot of flexibility. We can a.) trade for a player like Iguodala or Monta which would eat up that cap space. That would basically be like a splash in FA because you're bringing in a guy to play for you for a few years and possibly more, which is what would have happened if Rudy Gay or someone else signed with us. b.) It gives us the ability to take some poison like Elton Brand while also obtaining the #2 pick, which would turn out to be Evan Turner. I think it would be worth going through all of what he had to do to get under the cap if it's a way to secure Evan Turner, who fits us perfectly and apparently is a player that Kahn is enamored with.

2.) Anybody that says that's not why is reading into it. Am I saying you're wrong if you believe when he was drafted he didn't want to play for us? No, not necessarily. But I think that a big part of his decision to stay there was because he didn't want to come into his first NBA situation at the age of 18 and play with a crappy team that at the time looked absolutely dismal (still do, but this off-season we have 3 first round picks and tons of cap space). He'd much rather come in when he himself was more ready, and when the team was more improved. There's several quotes out there from Rubio's mouth saying that he "is excited to play for the Timberwolves", "been to Minnesota, it was really nice", "they're a team that wasn't very good when I was drafted, but I expect them to make significant improvements this off-season and gel better" etc., etc., etc. You just gotta look to find them.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...interested_in_trading_for_lawson_or_collison/[/h2]
[h2]Pacers Interested In Trading For Lawson Or Collison[/h2]
Lawson_Ty_den_091117a.jpg

Jun 15, 2010 8:14 AM EST

ind_40.gif
The Nuggets are interested in trading up in this month's NBA Draft and the Pacers could be a fit for a deal.

Indiana has the 10th overall pick and would like to land point guard Ty Lawson from Denver.

Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star reports that the Pacers are interested in Lawson, while ESPN.com's Chad Ford wrote that the Nuggets are looking to jump into the top ten.

The Pacers have also reached out to the Hornets about Darren Collison.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...icks_assemble_celebrity_group_to_lure_lebron/[/h2]
[h2]Knicks Assemble Celebrity Group To Lure LeBron[/h2]
Jun 15, 2010 8:02 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
The Knicks have put together a committee of New York's biggest celebrities to help bring free agents to the team this summer.

Of course, LeBron James is the biggest prize.

"New York would be a great thing for LeBron," said Donald Trump, who is joined on the committee by Alec Baldwin, Tracy Morgan, Boomer Esiason and Spike Lee.

"He would take over the city," said Trump of James. "I am in many different cities, but I can tell you, LeBron, there is only one New York."

Sources told the New York Post that the stars are expected to meet with free agents and even show them around the city.

"You really want to live in Cleveland? That's what I would tell him. Where do you want to live?" Chris Rock told the Post.

The panel is also expected to include talk-show host Charlie Rose, John McEnroe, Donny "The Big Idea" Deutsch, Whoopi Goldberg, Mark Messier, Phil Simms, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier and Earl "The Pearl" Monroe.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67203/20100615/possible_draft_picks_snubbing_grizzlies/[/h2]
[h2]Possible Draft Picks Snubbing Grizzlies[/h2]
Jun 15, 2010 8:08 AM EST

mem_40.gif
The Grizzlies will hold their fifth pre-draft workout on Tuesday and the lineup is subject to change.

Texas guard Avery Bradley is expected to miss the workout because of an ankle injury.

Memphis is having issues getting players to come in that would be considered with the 12th overall pick.

Multiple sources told the Memphis Commercial Appeal that team officials are dealing with refusals to visit and workout cancellations by prospects who have expressed a desire not to play for the Grizzlies.

Butler forward Gordon Hayward is the most notable snub.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ippers_put_search_on_hold_still_like_sampson/[/h2]
[h2]Clippers Put Search On Hold, Still Like Sampson[/h2]
Jun 15, 2010 7:55 AM EST

lac_40.gif
The Clippers have put their coaching search on hold in order to focus on luring free-agent-to-be LeBron James.

However, Gary Woelfel of the Journal Times writes that Los Angeles is still interested in Bucks assistant coach Kelvin Sampson.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67199/20100615/izzo_wont_provide_update_not_even_to_camper/[/h2]
[h2]Izzo Won't Provide Update, Not Even To Camper[/h2]
Jun 15, 2010 7:45 AM EST

cle_40.gif
Michigan State coach Tom Izzo hasn't yet updated the media on his chances of leaving for the NBA's Cavaliers.

Izzo was even asked about his future by a kid at his basketball camp on Monday.

"Bad question," Izzo said pointing to a group of reporters. "Those guys up there want to know that."

Izzo had previously said that he didn't want his decision to drag on. It was reported on Sunday night that he is trying to gauge whether or not Cleveland will be able to re-sign LeBron James.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67198/20100615/son_expects_karl_to_coach_nuggets_next_season/[/h2]
[h2]Son Expects Karl To Coach Nuggets Next Season[/h2]
Jun 15, 2010 7:38 AM EST

den_40.gif
Nuggets guard Coby Karl expects his father to be back on the bench for the start of next season after missing Denver's playoff run.

George Karl is still recovering from an intense six-week regimen of chemotherapy.

"From the way I see it, I think there's no doubt in my mind," Coby Karl said Monday. "But you've got to take it on a day-to-day basis with the situation."

Karl said his father has lost a lot of weight and still struggles to eat.

"But he's definitely much improved from when I got here for the start of this," said the younger Karl. "He's doing well. But his energy level isn't up to par with what he needs to do out on a golf course for multiple hours at a time."

LOL @ us getting snubbed by Hayward.

Hopefully the front office realizes that its probably more about them and the way they handle things than it is the actual team/city.

I bet their agents still tripping about that Pau Gasol trade as well. T

That's why I would rather just trade the damn pick for someone more worthy that can help the team.

Son the Knicks got Tracy Morgan on the committee to get LeBron????

LMAOOOOOOO
roll.gif

I love the effort the Knicks are giving

damn the celtics are clowns. maybe 3 hall of famers and a crazy good point guard>clownish behavior.

i still think shennanigans hurt any team

Back
Top Bottom