* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Washington should just go back to the Bullets...when is the last time you DCers seen any Wizards out on the streets?

Lakes in LA.........................

^Well whatever to that but my $.02 really wants to see the Jazz team name back where it freaking belongs: NEW ORLEANS

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...s_salary_kept_wolves_from_adding_other_stars/[/h2]
[h2]McHale: Garnett's Salary Kept Wolves From Adding Other Stars[/h2]
Jun 16, 2010 5:33 PM EST

min_40.gif
Former Timberwolves executive Kevin McHale was at Game 6 of the NBA Finals on Tuesday night and discussed with FanHouse his time with Kevin Garnett in Minnesota.

Garnett admitted last month that he wishes he would have pushed for a trade earlier than when he did. McHale and the Timberwolves traded him to the Celtics after the 2006-07 season.

McHale says the huge contract extension that Garnett signed in 1997 hampered the team from building a proper supporting cast.

"That's always a tough thing," said McHale. "He signed that huge contract, and that huge contract was somewhat prohibiting the team from going out and finding other people (due to Garnett eating up so much of the salary cap). So it was a two-way street. He did the right thing. The money was offered. He took it. It was right before the new collective bargaining agreement."

The NBA locked out in 1998-99, in part because of Garnett's contract, and McHale admitted that Minnesota could have added "three or four players" to help the forward had he signed a maximum contract like the ones currently begin offered.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67237/20100616/76ers_unaware_of_iversons_future_plans/[/h2]
[h2]76ers Unaware Of Iverson's Future Plans[/h2]
Jun 16, 2010 5:19 PM EST

phi_40.gif
76ers general manager Ed Stefanski was asked about Allen Iverson during a chat with fans for NBA.com on Tuesday.

Stefanski admitted that he doesn't know what plans Iverson may have.

"There is no news on Allen Iverson and we are not aware of what his plans are for the future," he wrote.

Iverson played just 28 games last season, 25 of which were with Philadelphia.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67236/20100616/nuggets_may_not_be_shopping_lawson/[/h2]
[h2]Nuggets May Not Be Shopping Lawson[/h2]
Jun 16, 2010 5:15 PM EST

den_40.gif
It was rumored earlier this week that the Nuggets might consider trading point guard Ty Lawson, but Alan Hahn of Newsday writes that those reports carry little weight.

"More Fix: The Ty Lawson rumors have little merit. I'm hearing Lawson is not available so remove him as a possible Knicks target," Hahn wrote on his Twitter page.

In addition to New York, Indiana was listed as a potential suitor for Lawson.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67234/20100616/izzos_decision_complicates_things_for_cavs/[/h2]
[h2]Izzo's Decision Complicates Things For Cavs[/h2]
Jun 16, 2010 5:07 PM EST

cle_40.gif
Tom Izzo's decision to stay at Michigan State has left the Cavaliers without a clear-cut favorite to become their next coach.

Izzo was Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert's first choice to replace Mike Brown, who was fired after the team's disappointing playoff elimination at the hands of the Celtics.

A rumored fallback could be Byron Scott, but the two sides have yet to meet in person.

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._not_in_communication_with_cavs_front_office/[/h2]
[h2]LeBron Not In Communication With Cavs' Front Office[/h2]
Jun 16, 2010 4:33 PM EST

cle_40.gif
According to a source who has been in contact with the Cavaliers' front office, LeBron James has not been in communication with Cleveland team officials.

Without any sense of James' future plans, the team is attempting to push forward. New GM Chris Grant has been asking several teams about trading for their draft picks. The Cavs currently do not have a pick in the draft.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Washington should just go back to the Bullets...when is the last time you DCers seen any Wizards out on the streets?
The Last time there were a lot of nature made Lakes in LA...
Senators is a no go, Baseball team already had that name at one point and everyone knows that... That's as bad as the Brooklyn team adopting the name Dodgers.

[h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...rs_send_dalembert_to_kings_for_nocioni_hawks/[/h1]
[h1]Sixers Send Dalembert To Kings For Nocioni, Hawks[/h1]

Jun 17, 2010 1:56 PM EST

Dalembert_Samuel_phi.jpg
The Sixers have agreed to trade Samuel Dalembert to the Kings for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes, according to a report from Chad Ford of ESPN.

RealGM Note: Dalembert is entering the final season of his contract.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...rt_to_kings_for_nocioni_hawks/##ixzz0r8Oj39V9

I think they should still take Cousins. If he's not contributing, just play Dalembert more minutes. If Cousins is ready, dump Dalembert at the trade deadline.

Why the hell do the Sixers give up a huge expiring contract that comes off the books after this year in Dalembert for Hawes and Nocioni (who has 3 years left on his huge contract)?

Ed Stefanski FTL.

Surprised they were able to get rid of Nocioni so easy, but I guess it cost them Hawes as well who they really won't need anymore anyways.

A rotation of Thompson / Dalembert / Cousins will be nice.

This could mean a few things...

a.) Nothing.

b.) The Sixers are now more likely to take Favors or Cousins at #2 seeing as how they just got rid of Dalembert and RIP if they're rolling with Spencer Hawes at full-time center.

c.) They trade back with the Timberwolves so they can take Cousins and possibly Jefferson in the deal, while Minnesota is able to move up and select Evan Turner.

I don't know.

^I think C.

They're probably going to move Brand + #2 pick for something, because i dont see how this trade makes any sense, whatsoever.

Sammy D's expiring > hawes and Noic's horrendous contract.

Dalembert, Thompson, Landry, Brockman and possibly Cousins/Monroe is a good set of bigs for a rebuilding team like Sacramento.

What's good with Jon Brockman really though? He didn't get much PT this year. Is he a nice piece?

Definitely. Basically, hes a hustle type of big man. Sort of like Ibaka (who many slept on until the postseason started).

Originally Posted by JPZx

What's good with Jon Brockman really though? He didn't get much PT this year. Is he a nice piece?

he's a rebounding machine, that's about it-- from what i saw anyways.

He suffered a pretty bad injury to his knee around mid-season. But before that happened he was grabbing boards really well, not really effective offensively but he's always fighting for boards. He also has a decent mid range jump shot but he rarely shoots.

[h1]Sources: Kings get 76ers' Dalembert[/h1]

By Chad Ford
ESPN.com

The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed to swap Samuel Dalembert to the Sacramento Kings for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes, two league sources told ESPN.com.

991.jpg

Dalembert

The deal was agreed to on Tuesday night and the two teams have been working out details Thursday morning. Barring some last-minute hitch the trade should be completed as early as Thursday afternoon, according to the sources.

The deal will give the Kings a player they've long coveted in Dalembert. The Kings tried to make several deals with the Sixers last year for Dalembert but couldn't make it happen.

Sacramento has been unhappy with its rebounding and shotblocking in the post. Dalembert makes a lot of money ($12.9 million next year) but he's in the last year of his deal.

The trade gives the Sixers a physical combo forward in Nocioni and an up-and-coming big man in Hawes.

But the real ramifications may come during the draft. The Sixers have been deciding between Evan Turner and Derrick Favors with the No. 2 pick. While Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski is a Turner fan, new coach Doug Collins is high on Favors. With Dalembert gone and Nocioni in, it could push them in the direction of Favors.

For the Kings, this could also change their draft equation. The team has been looking at drafting DeMarcus Cousins and Greg Monroe, both centers. With this deal, it could allow them to address another need at the three. The Kings have been high on both Al-Farouq Aminu and Gordon Hayward.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

GOOD %@@@*@@ DEAL PETRIE I LIKE IT
pimp.gif

Just the mere fact we got rid of Nocioni's HORRID contract, is a win by itself. Dalembert's expiring next yr, so I still fully expect the Kings to draft either Cousins or Monroe.

C- Dalembert-Cousins
PF- Landry- Thompson

or

C- Dalembert-Thompson
PF- Landry-Greg Monroe

Originally Posted by franchise3

Kings win.

Thompson - Hawes - Landry wasn't gonna cut it rotating playing C.

Why the hell do the Sixers give up a huge expiring contract that comes off the books after this year in Dalembert for Hawes and Nocioni (who has 3 years left on his huge contract)?

Ed Stefanski FTL.

Thank you both for knocking some sense into me, I was about to %#%* on this trade..... now I have a clear head and realize this trade is FTW
pimp.gif

Put him on a good team and you have the 100% perfect role player/energy guy that you want/need. Put him on a %%@@$! team and he is garbage. Rebounds pretty good, actually plays unsuspectingly good D, has a workable mid range jumper.

Great trade for the Kings. I just find it funny that I was arguing with Kings fans for the past couple of years about how good Hawes would be. Those same Kings fans now talk trash about him and love this trade. Just funny to me.

I made a joke in the 30 for 30 OJ thread, tell me I ain't pretty damn close. 

[h1]
[h1]Akron throwing party for LeBron[/h1]

AKRON, Ohio -- LeBron James' hometown is throwing him a big party. Nobody knows if it's a farewell bash yet.

[h4] [/h4]

James' contributions to Akron will be celebrated on Saturday at "LeBron Appreciation Day," an event organized by community leaders to show the local superstar how much he is loved as he approaches free agency.

The three-hour rally is being held at InfoCision Stadium on the University of Akron's campus, across from Rhodes Arena, where James accepted his second straight NBA MVP award last month.

Organizers said James is aware of the event, but don't know if he'll attend.

James can become a free agent on July 1 and consider offers from the Cleveland Cavaliers and other teams. He is not expected to announce his plans before hitting the free-agent market.

Tell me this @#$%^&^%$# didn't just set up his I'm a loser party on the day of the Championship parade for either team, and announce it the day of game 7.  Tell me this didn't just happen. 
[/h1]

Back
Top Bottom