* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h1]Sources: Kings get 76ers' Dalembert[/h1]
This might mean the Nets could have a shot at Evan Turner... we can sign a PF in free agency...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Great trade for the Kings. I just find it funny that I was arguing with Kings fans for the past couple of years about how good Hawes would be. Those same Kings fans now talk trash about him and love this trade. Just funny to me.
I had high hopes for him in the beginning. He had the skill-set to be the next Vlade Divac but pairing him with Brad Miller the past 3 years was a disaster. The Kings just could not overlook how soft Spencer Hawes is defensively, even though the Maloofs and Petrie were enamored by his skillset. It just wasn't worth it anymore to be soft in the post.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I made a joke in the 30 for 30 OJ thread, tell me I ain't pretty damn close. 

[h1]
[h1]Akron throwing party for LeBron[/h1]

AKRON, Ohio -- LeBron James' hometown is throwing him a big party. Nobody knows if it's a farewell bash yet.

[h4] [/h4]

James' contributions to Akron will be celebrated on Saturday at "LeBron Appreciation Day," an event organized by community leaders to show the local superstar how much he is loved as he approaches free agency.

The three-hour rally is being held at InfoCision Stadium on the University of Akron's campus, across from Rhodes Arena, where James accepted his second straight NBA MVP award last month.

Organizers said James is aware of the event, but don't know if he'll attend.

James can become a free agent on July 1 and consider offers from the Cleveland Cavaliers and other teams. He is not expected to announce his plans before hitting the free-agent market.
[/h1]

Tell me this @#$%^&^%$# didn't just set up his I'm a loser party on the day of the Championship parade for either team, and announce it the day of game 7.  Tell me this didn't just happen. 
QFT.  I was thinking the exact same thing.  This dude finds a way to make me dislike him more and more every postseason.  Attention !%!$+

2:56
[Comment From Tom Tom: ]
What percent chance would you give the Wolves of landing Turner?
Thursday June 17, 2010 2:56 Tom

2:58
chadfordinsider:
I think it went up a bit after today's trade. I wonder if the Sixers now could still pass on a Wolves offer of 4 & 16 for 2. Sixers could get a big (either Cousins or Favors at No. 4) and add a wing at No. 16. Again to be clear, I'm hearing 2 different things out of Philly. Stefanski wants Turner and if they want him, they have to stay at 2. Collins wants Favors but probably can't get him if they move off 2. But Cousins isn't a bad consolation prize if you're picking up 16.

Ehh...I'm 50/50 on this trade man. It's good because we pick up a scoer in Andres & a young kid with good potential in Hawes but Andres contract is absurdly high.

What i'm thinking now is maybe we're looking at drafting Cousins or Favors now because having Andre, Andres, Young & Turner on the wings would just be too much.

Being a Philly fan, I say we draft Cousins (I know about his anger issues) but his talent is NBA superstar level and if put into the right situation, i can see him being our franchise leader for years (Same with Favors but for i now I'll say Cousins)

A starting line-up of:
Jrue/Williams
Iggy/Kapano
Young or Nocioni
Brand (Hopefully we get him traded off to a whole different time-zone smfh) & Spieghts
Cousins/Hawes

What do ya think? Should we draft Turner or Bring in Cousins/Favors?

I remember that dude from a few years ago that went to the draft and mocked Stephen A Smith...dude said "Spencer Hawes is gonna be a bust." to his face
laugh.gif

QFT.  I was thinking the exact same thing.  This dude finds a way tomake me dislike him more and more every postseason.  Attention !%!$+
You do realize LeBron didnt plan this event himself, right?

Being a Philly fan, I say we draft Cousins (I know about his angerissues) but his talent is NBA superstar level and if put into the rightsituation, i can see him being our franchise leader for years (Samewith Favors but for i now I'll say Cousins)
Is Philly the right situation though?

Where do you read that as LeBron's idea or involvement?

He's scheduled to be in NYC that day anyhow.

^ True. Hopefully he can see the talent level this young group has but your right. Cousins is the type of guy who never tasted losing and with the Sixers being so unpredictable one 5-6 game losing streak and he'll be ready to fight the Collins lol

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

CP1708 wrote:

[h1]

AKRON, Ohio -- LeBron James' hometown is throwing him a big party. Nobody knows if it's a farewell bash yet.

[h4] [/h4]

James' contributions to Akron will be celebrated on Saturday at "LeBron Appreciation Day," an event organized by community leaders to show the local superstar how much he is loved as he approaches free agency.

The three-hour rally is being held at InfoCision Stadium on the University of Akron's campus, across from Rhodes Arena, where James accepted his second straight NBA MVP award last month.

James can become a free agent on July 1 and consider offers from the Cleveland Cavaliers and other teams. He is not expected to announce his plans before hitting the free-agent market.
[/h1]

Tell me this @#$%^&^%$# didn't just set up his I'm a loser party on the day of the Championship parade for either team, and announce it the day of game 7.  Tell me this didn't just happen. 
QFT.  I was thinking the exact same thing.  This dude finds a way to make me dislike him more and more every postseason.  Attention +#@+%

Who is? This is some random guy that organized it, Lebron in no way, shape, or form will be there or organized it...........

Originally Posted by RoOk

Ehh...I'm 50/50 on this trade man. It's good because we pick up a scorer in Andres & a young kid with good potential in Hawes but Andres contract is absurdly high.

If you think Noc is a good scorer (
laugh.gif
) you are in for a rude, rude, rude awakening
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hawes had potential when he was first drafted. What you saw from him in Sac is pretty much what you're getting in Philly.

Monroe will fit perfectly in that kings lineup, hopefully they'll draft him
pimp.gif
. How many picks do the kings have this year?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Where do you read that as LeBron's idea or involvement?

He's scheduled to be in NYC that day anyhow.
yep for the sprite dunk off. nobody knows if he will actually show up though. Hahn said he was then said he wasn't.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Monroe will fit perfectly in that kings lineup, hopefully they'll draft him
pimp.gif
. How many picks do the kings have this year?

Only the 5 and 33 pick. Hopefully somewhere along the line we pick up a few more 2nd round picks or late 1st rounder. We need a PG badly. And shooters.

They used those Mardi Gras colors in the 80's and mid 90's, so it's not to blasphemous that Utah is using them.

They used those Mardi Gras colors in the 80's - mid 90's, so it's not to blasphemous that Utah is using them.

They used those Mardi Gras colors in the 80's and mid 90's, so it's not to blasphemous that Utah is using them.

They used those Mardi Gras colors in the 80's - mid 90's, so it's not to blasphemous that Utah is using them.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Originally Posted by CP1708

[h1]

[h4] [/h4]

[/h1]

QFT.  I was thinking the exact same thing.  This dude finds a way to make me dislike him more and more every postseason.  Attention !%!$+

You guys are getting mad for no reason. Bron had nothing to do w/it

Originally Posted by RoOk

Ehh...I'm 50/50 on this trade man. It's good because we pick up a scoer in Andres & a young kid with good potential in Hawes but Andres contract is absurdly high.

What i'm thinking now is maybe we're looking at drafting Cousins or Favors now because having Andre, Andres, Young & Turner on the wings would just be too much.

Being a Philly fan, I say we draft Cousins (I know about his anger issues) but his talent is NBA superstar level and if put into the right situation, i can see him being our franchise leader for years (Same with Favors but for i now I'll say Cousins)

A starting line-up of:
Jrue/Williams
Iggy/Kapano
Young or Nocioni
Brand (Hopefully we get him traded off to a whole different time-zone smfh) & Spieghts
Cousins/Hawes

What do ya think? Should we draft Turner or Bring in Cousins/Favors?
This is basically a trade before another trade/trades happen. This means Thad or Iggy will be traded because Nocioni will be getting minutes off the bench. He's the perfect Philly hard worker type player we needed since we traded Reggie Evans last year for bum ++$ Kapono. Considering Turner was in our locker room yesterday talking about which number he's going to choose, I'm pretty sure you guys can please stop listening to Chad Ford. I'm just so relieved I won't have to see Dalembert goaltend like 8 shots a game anymore. Not sure what this means for Speights and Jason Smith though since they're kind of similiar to Hawes.

It's good to see Nocioni traded, but I was hoping he would just take a buy-out and go back to Europe. I feel kind of bad for Hawes, but at the same time not really surprised he would get traded or not re-signed. He wasn't always on the same page with Coach Westphal and he didn't show enough improvement in his three years on the Kings. I just hope he doesn't become the next Chris Mihm and disappear from the league (he on the Grizz?). Dalembert is going to be making close to $15 mil after the trade kicker and this will probably be a short-term thing anyways. If he wants a contract extension, he has to take a major pay cut. Jon Brockman is actually a FA right now, but I think the Kings can sign him for cheap again. Hopefully he can get a two year deal at least.

I still think the Kings should take a big man in the draft even with Dalembert.

Originally Posted by Steve212

Yup. I actually like the new Jazz colors, bringing back the old-school look. Purple+Yellow looks good. I have always hated Utah but always thought their logo w/the musical note was dope 
pimp.gif

Orlando took a step backwards IMO. They didn't need a change at all. Now this new style looks just boring to me.

Don't even get me started on the Warriors new digs SMH

Back
Top Bottom